Demos Question

O

old.Napalm

Widdy any chance you could watch through people's eyes when ur next recording an RD demo please.

The RD v MCP demo was apparently all shot with you in the air away from the action and it gets boring after a while.

A bit of both is fine.

If the answer is no, can we at least bring an extra player to record a decent demo?

Thanx

Napalm

F

FragFodder

I'd have to agree m8

I watched the RD vs MCP demos and even thought it was 20 - 0 after 10 minutes I was bored outta my skull.

Sorry m8, just call me superficial but I like a little action when I watch a game. I like to think things like "Nice Shot" and "Sweet Move" but it wasn't happening. At one point Paris got quite a nice Double Kill, but all I saw was 2 peeps explode reather than seeing where the shot hit. Also Rebel did quite a slick wall jump with their flag, but from above it looked like the wall didn't actually exsist and the slopes on the wall where glorified pathways. Even though it was areally impressive scoreline I never actually felt like I "saw" the match.

To be honest, It was almost like watching an EF version of PacMan. I know you're not Steve Spielberg m8, but a little variation would be nice

Sorry, just my 2p worth :(

FF

W

widdy

TBH honest guys,not being funny,but the demos aren't done for the clans pleasure,you know the reason why they are done is just incase a rule is broken etc etc.All too many times when I have done a match,wether it be BWEFL (this season and last) or EFF all too many times something has happened somewhere else on the field when I've been viewing some player specifically or from the "in player" perspective.This causes complications because not only can I not do anything about what has "supposedly" happened there on the spot,but I have no proof of it ever actually happening.

I choose to do all demos from the map view perspective because I can see (vaguely(which is better than not at all)) what everyone is doing.The chances are if I was to do some of the demo from the "in player" perspective some underhanded clan member (no one specifically) could hit tab,see I'm viewing someone and bang a chance to cheat (not saying someone would actually do it but they haven't got the chance if I do it this way).

Hopefully next season *fingers crossed* we should be including that nifty little program that transmits match details to IRC implimented into the league.This requires two admins for it to work so *fingers crossed again* I should be able to get the second admin to do a "action" demo.

There's also another way you can get a better demo........................why not get your spec to do one rather than them sitting there doing nothing :p

O

old.Napalm

Fine, since some of our players are admins anyway i'm sure you won't object to 1 joining to record a proper demo. Our sub is not there to record demos.

I mean, the many emails I received from different Paddy members regarding good demos in the EFF proves they serve other uses, like clan training for example!

Widdy you only admined 1 EFF2 match, some cheating took place, and due to the 2 admins rule EFF2 had, it was spotted immediately.

Hopefully you will get the IRC thing sorted and this won't be a problem.

W

widdy

lol I will object as I'm sure the other clan you would be playing will as well,I'm not saying that I don't trust the admins from RD but it would look like you'd be getting an unfair advantage,especially if you use teamspeak.

Personally I won't change how I do my demos,but I will find a way around it,i.e. appointing admins as official demo makers or something like that :)

F

FragFodder

I understand where you are comming from but I disagree slightly with you're opinions on demos.

I think they're made for more than just evidance for the "Did he cheat?" question. I think they're there so a clan can look at the match from different angles and learn.

From a demo you can see where the attack was getting cut to ribbons from the view of an enemy defender. On the flip side a defending team can spot their weaknesses from the view of an enemy attacker. Also it can get tactical over time. Clans can watch what happened when they last played each other from old demos and try to work out a team with tactics to counter.

I agree we should have a second admin/camera man in the server. Even with a 7v7 + 1 admin that's 15 slots. So there is room. Also it may be worth your while getting BW to add SV_MaxClients 20, this is set in the BWJK2L and I'm sure BigFoot was saying that was standard with league servers anyway. You have the room in the servers and I'm sure you could easily find the admins to record the games. I'll volunteer if needed

Anyway, thats enough from me, thx for your time

FragFodder

O

old.Rabbit

Maybe you can see better if someone's cheating through eyes. (the real cheating like, aimbot,invulnarability, if this even is possible that is)
Also you can see better how someone's connection is, if pings are fair, if someone pings out etc.
I think it's the mapbugs for wich Widdy's birdsview might help. But they are so wellknown to everyone, that it will be noticed immediately by anyone, even "through eyes". What was the problem again with the promaps? You wouldn't have to worry about the bugs on geo,voy2, spy, and faceoff then by using them.
By the way, I do think it's the admins job to run the match rather then to make demos, but as I haven't had many problems as admin I can usualy combine them.
I would like some nice demos from the QF/SF/F though, maybe sent 2 admins in per game to be sure?
Oh also bear in mind that there are no specs in birdsview of a team that is playing at that moment. Could give voice com clans a huge advantage.

old.Rabbit :D

O

old.Napalm

The REASON we wanted in eyes demos, or better in air ones (which follow the action) is for learning experience for our inexperienced members. Especially against LS on weds, where it's really useful (especially since we were listed to play BH in the first place :rolleyes: ).

Also all that ever goes on in our voicecoms when we do host it is Neo and Cobol taking the piss out of each other lol. We would welcome an admin to listen in to prove it. Oh and you must listen to Cobol's version of "My Way", it's a classic lol!

O

old.Napalm

Originally posted by widdy
Personally I won't change how I do my demos,but I will find a way around it,i.e. appointing admins as official demo makers or something like that :)

Yep i'd back that idea :D. 2 admins on server, 1 watching for cheating, the other recording an in eyes demo.

That way you also get 2 angles of every incident.

Thanx m8

P.S. if you're short of an admin 2 record 1 anytime let me know, I know loads of people with league admin experience who would be happy to step in.

R

=RD=NEO

voice com

firstly .. good point napalm ...

we were origionally down to play BH ,,,, strange how we now play LS, not that im too bothered as we would have met them at some point ..and were looking forward to the fight .. there a great clan :) will be a very tough match.

secondly ... admins r welcom to join our voice com sessions plus anyone else can join when im in public servers its always a laugh just hope u like the singing lol. ... my yahoo id = rdmr_neo
irc room is #=RD=CLAN (yes capitals) giz a shout ill send ya the address to join in the fun :)

as for DEMOS ... im sure a second admin there to record a in player view would be good .. as long as the admin isnt a member of the 2 clans fighting ... alternativley as one of u guys mentioned above ... use the birds eye view but follow the action a little closer that should make it more entertaining :)

=RD=NEO

finally ... anychance u could get the pictures thingy turned on in this forum ... would be nice to have a fiew small images seen made buy some budding artists .. that im sure we have in the community

W

widdy

well like I said I've had a few problems arise with the in player view and thats why I very rarely use it unless someone else is doing the game.I actually had an instance where I was told not to view a clans players!just because I was friendly with the other clan they was playing,Thats what started me off doing the map view demos......................just seems you can't please everyone lol

Anyway I will try to arrange for 2 admins to be present at all the matches left in this current season.

As you know we did suffer a slight admin problem this season so any extra help would be great nap,just get them to mail me and I'll get them on the site :) lol most games we found it difficult to get one admin let alone two but next time around that should be a different matter.

Rabb,The reason I thought it was best not to use the pro maps was because of the various little problems some of them have.And1 is made a hell of alot easier with that little ledge upto the photon,voy1 had the health pads not working problem.To some clans they wouldn't really care as most hardly use them,but to others it is something they just need to have,I just wanted to avoid the inevitable moans and groans.I thought it would just be better as I would recive less hassle if I just kept the maps as they were.

Well you all know it was my first season running a league and I did a vast majority of it by myself,personally I think I did the job to a reasonable standard bearing in mind the difficulties that I was faced with.I was expecting there would be a few problems (and there sure was) but as it's all a learning process hopefully next season should run alot smoother...................only for us to go into Ef2 and have a whole heap of new problems arise lol

anyway I've took note and like I said I'll try and sort something out for next season.

W

widdy

ah further to the last post,The BH/LS thing guys.This is because I always work from my info I have on my pieces of paper for BWEFL.I very rarely use the site for info as I have all the info I need on my papers and sometimes results etc can get mixed up in transit from mail to site (me and tempy are still trying to work out neville (BW web program))
Anyway on my piece of paper I had the winner of group 1 to face 2nd place from group 2,winner of group 2 to face 2nd from group 1.The same applied for groups 3 and 4.Somehow the details got mixed up and ended up totally different on the site.I only found out after being told by someone the day after the QF's had been mailed out.

Anyway sorry for the little mix up but thats how I intended the groups to go into the play offs.

O

^OnyX^

I usually use the 'in eyes' perspective, just keep switching every 2 mins orso. Altho I did miss some1 using the legde on Spyglass.
Luckaly, Pi was there too .... he spotted it. So 2 admins would be better.

As for using 20 playerslots, I hope thats never gonna happen .... it's laggy enough out there. Unless peeps are all willing to turn their /rate down to 8000. ;)

/me is gonna watch a RD demo now & steal some tactics .... hehehe. :p

O

old.Napalm

Firstly thanx Widdy, much appreciated!

I'll have a word with a few people and get back to you regarding the admins. I was gonna ask em when I was running it with you, but then other things happened and I wasn't on for a while.

I guessed the draw thing was down to a different person running the site to the 1 organising the draw, lol, me and Dan had 1 or 2 probs like that last time lol. LS will be a good challenge, we r looking forward to it.

Plus i've seen that Neville thing, not nice at first. Tempy has done a good job with it tho.

LOL @ Onyx :D

We should try a friendly sometime, Paddy v RD, using same coms, it might be a laugh.

T

Tempy_Incursion

Personally Neville is absolute shite for doing a decent league and for next season it's going almost completely as the EFF site was way better organised and so this will be likewise.

Also I must admit I have been a couple of times not been informed of changes and so they have not been made which are not made on the site, next season this will hopefully be eliminated as all info will be stored on the site as it Widdy can change it on there himself when necessary.

As for the demos thing I agree that there should be both a birds-eye view and a action view but they need to be put somewhere where they can be downloaded by anyone for next season. I will find out from Bigfoot how much space is allocated to the site so some can be put there if nowhere else. :)

O

old.Napalm

Originally posted by Tempy_Incursion
Personally Neville is absolute shite...

And there was me tiptoeing around the subject lol ;)

F

FragFodder

I like Neville... For a novice like me its better than having to code the entire site from scratch :)

But hey, thats just my opinion

FF

O

old.Rabbit

I only hope I won't fall asleep doing a birdsview demo next time. :D
Btw Neo, no capitals required in irc channels m8, same as in google. :)

old.Rabbit :D

O

old.Napalm

I'm still getting over the shock of Neo visiting a forum! ;)

M

mr.Blacky

hehe lol Nap
@ Neo, no image signatures are allowed on any bw forum m8

RAA

R

=RD=NEO

my own clan picking on me

hmmmm i see its like that eh`

ill see u guys back in the DOG HOUSE

testing the new signature

M

mr.Blacky

hehe well we are the only ones that can :D the rest will be buried by us :)

RAA

O

old.Napalm

Careful Neo, or your post count will break the 10 barrier! ;)

T

Tempy_Incursion

RD spamming again......what are you guys like.... :rolleyes: ;)

M

mr.Blacky

No I did not. I also post on the general forum. That is why I have a high post count. :)

F

FragFodder

Yeah m8, this and every general forum :p

If we had a collective total for you over the 500 forums you visit, we'd probably have a spamming world record :D

FF

Users who are viewing this thread