Demos on BWFTP (or not?)

B

blunt^

I look foward to watching the matches of my division every week but rarely is any of the demos uploaded :( It looks like alot of demos get uploaded but i can never find many from my division, In week1 2/3 of the games were played demos were uploaded but my clans game TAA vs T-C didnt make it up there. I know BWCSL admins are very efficient and i dont mean to complain but alot of demos were missing last season too that i wanted for our clans achive. I was thinking maybe you could reorganise the structure on bwftp and have division dir's and have week1, week2 etc in those, would be much easier :D

R

RogueOne

Wherever possible, we do try to ensure that demos find their way onto the FTP. However, in some cases, this is not always possible. In particular, admins whose connection is a 56k modem (remember those) or even ISDN are not always able to upload demos within a reasonable frame of time. We're working on this problem and hopefully before too long we should have 100% of games covered by HLTV with all demos uploaded.

B

blunt^

ah yes, forgot about those on 56k and ISDN. Is it not possible for all demos to be recored from a remote server then you allocate some1 with cable (or faster) to download and upload the demos each night and maybe keep some sort of order so all demos make it up to BWFTP. Im willing to help out if need be.

R

RogueOne

While such a system would be nice, we don't really have the resources to implement it. Also, you should note that I don't have any control over how demos are arranged on the BW FTP.

B

bigfoot

I move any demos uploaded - All those that been put in the directory admins are supposed to upload to are on the ftp in the public area now. It's true there are not many demos uploaded though.

O

old.amoeba

Whats the ftp address and directory the demo's are put in?

B

blunt^

So far, in the first 3 weeks not 1 of my clans demos have been uploaded. Im not sure if the admin that does our game is on 56k or whatever but they dont seem to make it to bwftp :(

O

old.Morlok

5SI are missing 3 demos, only week 1 has been uploaded.

Surely BarrysWorld being a GSP can find a box to run a few HLTV proxys on and record demos? If an admin can rcon a game server they can rcon a proxy.

We rely on demos as proof should there be any reason to doubt a result so not having them is a major concern IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread