Dementia spec vamps

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
For the vamps out there, once you have the basic RAs (charge2, ip2, purgeX) you might wanna try 43p 48dem 13sm.

If you've been annoyed by alb caster damage this is the spec for you!

For example I spot solo high rr sorc in the bowl (e.g. gavenann), I power tap him cast and the 44% magic self resist buff, sprint into him and charge+banelord if I see spell casting, once in melee range he'll typically MoC so I cast effectiveness debuff and laugh heartly when I'm LT'd for ~50 - 90 dmg. If he trys to run away I have the option to mez him xD

If you have druid resists, this spec is equally spectacular vs anyone with a heater, I've had rr7 infs PA me for about 200 damage, and hit me for 45-70 dmg main hand when I was running effectiveness debuff, oh and it stacks with ml9 banelord too.

Dementia doesn't work so well vs crush tanks, but it's highly OP'd vs anyone using elemental damage.

One thing though, I miss the top stealth lore, the matter claws, and diamond back... I don't miss 1400+ dmg fire wizzard bolts!

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Think Bliizard has a similiar spec.. he kicks caster ass by the looks of it :p

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Why so ewul to the hobbit?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
yer, tried Dementia on my vamp and it's really nice I must say, just for PvE'ing up it's a biatch so I gave up doing anything more on it :p got other chars to do alrdy =)

Didn't know the effectiveness debuff was that good though, good to know =)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I was actually curious about high dementia spec. Glad to see someone enjoying it and making good of it. If I decide to follow it I'll take FA2 as well (mezz, go away hit it, come back and finish off)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
i was 41dem for some time and it was very nice vs any soloer be it caster or melee, but i had troubles dealing with duos (especialy melee)
would be nice if mezz/snare spells weren't pulse but std spells

Dali

Fledgling Freddie
Yea pretty much cookie till lvl all artis (if i ever managed to get credit cause ppl are farming em o_O ive me u tards SoM-Scallars-CBracer-GoLM)

Then Dem or VE for grp utility.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i had troubles dealing with duos

fear not, its supposed to be like that...

Its when you have trouble with solo's like me that your in trouble! ;)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
but i had troubles dealing with duos (especialy melee)

:p you're supposed to have trouble with duos!

1v1 vampiir defence can rather good, but - you can only fumble/effectiveness debuff 1 person at a time, and the evade and parry are front arc only, and leather is teh squishy!

BTW I had a 1v1 vs Zeaza (and someone's poision spike) tonight, and Zeaza + poision spike got me to 68% health before he ran oom and died. Obviously resists of that magnitude are completely OPd ...

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
if ur talking about zeaza the WL...i killed him, both of us were solo but i was on my 45 vamp.
atm i am 43pierce-38sm...i will be 50 sm
pity i didnt see him again...he gave me 1325 rps that time :p

EDIT: i was left on 72% health

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
:p you're supposed to have trouble with duos!

1v1 vampiir defence can rather good, but - you can only fumble/effectiveness debuff 1 person at a time, and the evade and parry are front arc only, and leather is teh squishy!

indeed, but with full ve u can fumble debuff one of them and kill the sec one pretty fast then return and deal with the 1st... or if mainly sm spec u can survive long enough to kill them both if u manage to get up both parry and evade buffs and keepin hot up too.

the specs i tried till now were:
44p 40sm 21ve 18dem
43p 41dem 22sm 17ve
40p 40sm 33ve
and now i am full ve and really miss the speed, end tap hot and haste from sm line altho the damage is really impressive

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Aha Mirt, so your Bliizard. You cheeky little monkey (or luri rather).

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
anioal said:
indeed, but with full ve u can fumble debuff one of them and kill the sec one pretty fast then return and deal with the 1st... or if mainly sm spec u can survive long enough to kill them both if u manage to get up both parry and evade buffs and keepin hot up too.

the specs i tried till now were:
44p 40sm 21ve 18dem
43p 41dem 22sm 17ve
40p 40sm 33ve
and now i am full ve and really miss the speed, end tap hot and haste from sm line altho the damage is really impressive

Well what i usually do is that if I'm facing multiple melee opponents I put up my evade buff 1st, fumble one of them, if it lands proceed to kill the other one.

Claw damage is too great to not use it, so even if I ever decide to respec dementia, I'll go for the top claw regardless what.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"I'll go for the top claw regardless what."

I tend to agree with this. Split specs certainly have better defence, but full specs have much better offence. Well dementia is a bit special due to the effectiveness debuff being a semi-focus maintained spell, but full VE or full SM should let you claw freely, and the top claws do a lot of damage.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Mirt said:
"I'll go for the top claw regardless what."

I tend to agree with this. Split specs certainly have better defence, but full specs have much better offence. Well dementia is a bit special due to the effectiveness debuff being a semi-focus maintained spell, but full VE or full SM should let you claw freely, and the top claws do a lot of damage.

Can't you hit the effectiveness debuff on someone, hit something else then come back to him on the next pulse?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll have to double check gear, but the effectiveness debuff icon stays greyed out for a 10-15s after use. I'll test it vs my bot to see if I can recast the debuff while the icon is grayed out.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
afaik u cannot cast it again like that ...and spec wise no matter wat spell line u go u MUST have 43pierce imo!

SM claw at lvl 50 and suited will hit around 400dmg...pending on who u hit also ofc.
and 300tick hot is sick...so i will stay 43peirce 50sm for a while altho a m8 of mine just respeced to demita spell line and we duel and he won...but 2 of us duo will be ....soo oped it will be funny!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom