Dell

H

Hargh

There are constantly new offers coming out with Dell, al lthe time cheaper and cehaper BUT!!!!

WHEN will they learn WE DONT WANT an integrated Intel Extreme graphics card soldered onto the mother board!!

One of my mates bought one and he's fuming. No AGP slot.

H

Hargh

It's not for me I moan :D I am quite capable of self build but I'm jsut a bity annoyed that they are seeling equipment u can't upgrade i nthe full knowledge that ppl have to buy a whole new one next time! b@st@rds

K

kinag

Thats why my friend hates store bough computers etc.

Always make your own in his opinion ;)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by mirieth
He got teh pwnzed!!!!11

;).

teh pwnzed?

Now you're going waaaay over the limit on modifying a word mirieth :p

M

mirieth

Pfft.

You're just not 31337 3|\|0|_|G|-| 4 |\/|3!!!11

O

old.Tohtori

I never have, nor do i have any intention to be in any way "31337".

On the other hand, 46101 is considered quite a high rank in Mezabitin III so if you manage to get one of those cards do tell. :D

W

Whoodoo_RD

Dell = Packard Bells rejects IMO

Used to make some good kit, but its all pants now

T

The Real Redi

You should be able to specify what you want in your Dell on the site - it lets you change the spec of the machine to whatever you want when you attempt to buy one. My old man swears by them, but then again, he swears "Open All Hours" is still teh funneh :/

At least it's not one of the new Compaq anyways - they look like they were ripped straight out of the set of Buck Rogers or something ;)

R

Rubric

Im building a lovely little machine.

For £855.43 im getting,

Nic flashy case with neon bubbles on the front, windowed top & side with nice flashy light fan.
Asus a7v8X-X Motherboard
Athlon XP2600
Combined DVD CDRW 52X24X52X16
120GB HDD
GeForce Ti4200 128MB GFX
19" Monitor
Windows XP
1GB PC2700 Ram
SubWoofer System
Chrome Keyboard.

Does that sound like a good deal?

T

The Real Redi

oh, have one brand name for you rich kids out there:

Alienware pwnz... looks the nuts too imo...

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Rubric
Im building a lovely little machine.

For £855.43 im getting,

Nic flashy case with neon bubbles on the front, windowed top & side with nice flashy light fan.
Asus a7v8X-X Motherboard
Athlon XP2600
Combined DVD CDRW 52X24X52X16
120GB HDD
GeForce Ti4200 128MB GFX
19" Monitor
Windows XP
1GB PC2700 Ram
SubWoofer System
Chrome Keyboard.

Does that sound like a good deal?

Nice! If only I knew how to build PCs myself... :(

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by mirieth
Nice! If only I knew how to build PCs myself... :(

Think of it as grown up Lego, and you can't go wrong :great:

R

Rubric

This is gonna be my first build

:uhoh:

Read some good magazine articles and there loads of help on the net. How hard can it be?

Whats the opinion on GeForce4 Ti 4200 here?

O

old.job

Building is over, you can now buy a better machine for the same price as self build.

And it's allready built (duh), works out the box, has legal copies of Windows on it:cool:

My mate bought 2.6ghz pent with 566 bus, 128 Gforcr 4200Ti, cd rewriter and dvd drive 120g drive, front multi memory card slots, ultra quiet side exhaust fan (you cant hear the thing run from 2 ft away) fully specced 8xagp motherboard all in a tower from ASDA for 650 quid about 6mnths ago, you just could not match that even at the cheapest individual component prices.

R

Rubric

Originally posted by old.job
Building is over, you can now buy a better machine for the same price as self build.

And it's allready built (duh), works out the box, has legal copies of Windows on it:cool:

My mate bought 2.6ghz pent with 566 bus, 128 Gforcr 4200Ti, cd rewriter and dvd drive 120g drive, front multi memory card slots, ultra quiet side exhaust fan (you cant hear the thing run from 2 ft away) fully specced 8xagp motherboard all in a tower from ASDA for 650 quid about 6mnths ago, you just could not match that even at the cheapest individual component prices.

What was build quality/component quality like & how easy would it be to upgrade it?

S

SilverHood

building is better than buying, imho

you know exactly what you have in your PC

... and the best thing... it works, cos no corporate monkies have touched it.

Oh, and with bought PC's, you usually get shitty case, shitty CPU fans, the lower end of the top graphics cards, shitty HD, average RAM and a dinky motherboard.

No thanks

:)

[EDIT] I remeber that ASDA deal, best one around, was gonna buy it, but they were sold out... so I built my own :)

O

old.Tohtori

It's like...VHS vs DVD.

Some people see the difference, some don't give a donkeys poop :p

So is with storebought and homemade PCs.

S

Serbitar

<Tries and fails miserably to figure out what a legal copy of windoze is>

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Serbitar
<Tries and fails miserably to figure out what a legal copy of windoze is>

actually usually they have oem copies of windows you cant transfer to another computer.

O

old.job

Well he did upgrade it cos I forgot to mention it only had 265 of 333 ram, but thats dead cheap now so...
He put a golden sample 4600 in it, worked like a dream, I've got the old 4200 in mine now.
I have had enough of compatability problems, some crap always happens, that tower worked out the box and is still going .

BTW Time are now selling for the same price, a same spec tower with a DVD rewriter!!!

G

gengi

The machine the wife plays on is a Dell, when I bought it it was the dogs, the one I play on I built myself. There is not much to choose between them, both have legal windows both work. Only Drawback with the Dell is the memory RDRAM is still way too expensive to buy.

Later

O

old.moriath

Well he did upgrade it cos I forgot to mention it only had 265 of 333 ram, but thats dead cheap now so...
He put a golden sample 4600 in it, worked like a dream, I've got the old 4200 in mine now.
I have had enough of compatability problems, some crap always happens, that tower worked out the box and is still going .

BTW Time are now selling for the same price, a same spec tower with a DVD rewriter!!!

Ick dont touch time with a barge pole they truly are crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom