Dell Laptop & RAM Question...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I've been forced to play on my Dell Inspirion 8200 laptop since I moved to London (no longer have a desktop due to divorce). I upgraded it when I bought it to hold 512 MB RAM, which was fine for a single account, but I'd really like to be able to run 2 accounts on it at once.

Ideally so I can play my Necro in RVR and have a BB logged at the same time. The laptop has a 1.8 GHz Intel PIV NW CPU and a Mobility Radeon chipset, so I know the basics are fine. I just wonder if having 512 MB RAM is going to be enough?

Should I spend the cash to upgrade to 1 GB or won't it help?

I am playing on dialup ATM, which really isn't helping, but I am getting BB next week hopefully, so that should help.

TIA :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
512 is the minimum required to duallog - so its possible but i wouldnt recomend it, you will probably crash as soon as rvr gets alil zergy. I used to dual with 768 ram and often crashed or went ld if i tried going near a keep under siege etc. I would say a gig is to be recomended, or better yet, build a very cheap botcomp for your bot to live on :)

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
with 512 ram every time i tried to log in bb i was eithe ld or i was very laggy.

By the time i upgrade ram to 1024 i can run 2 accounts without any problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom