Deleting Refs/Adding Refs

1Jesta

Ok well looking at the current "crop" of refs theres a lot not doing there job, which means by sunday any refs ( THIS INCLUDES ADMINS ) who have not reffed at least 1 game will be deleted.
This'll prolly make me unpopular in the admin channel but tuff :p
Also the old rule of 1 match every 10 days has now been reduced to 7 days.......harsh??......mebbe.
So, anyone with the required rcon knowledge/game knowledge and basic common sense that would like to apply for these positions which WILL become available on monday please come into irc and see myself/Demo/0utCasT/Deamon....we will basically ask you a few questions in private about your rcon knowledge etc and take it from there, thanks.

O

old.Demoz

yeah, it has been difficult to get refs to ref lately, but were sorting this out as we speak

Sorry to any clans that havnt had a ref.

Hopefully this wont occur again.

If you would like to be a ref then signup :)

O

old.Mr War

shit i saved archerz then cuz i got him to put in a result for me!!

O

old.[SCW]Fonz

JEsta :)

Email me you git :)

Oh and disregad that email that vuz forwarded you :)

T

Tui

This may be related, but then again probably not :)

Rather than ref a match here, another match there, I'd prefer to ref a couple in the evening but matches *always* start late so if you're reffing a 7.30pm game you're not going to make the start of the 9.00pm game. Even if you're booked on the same server, the 9.00pm game can usually be moved to another, but you're looking for another referee then.
So, how about trying to enforce that prematch will start at the shown time rather than a clan deciding that that's the time to change their connection, find players or re-install Half-life. If they gotta do the things they do then they should come 15 minutes early.

O

old.[IM]insomnia

i r a 1337 REF [:)] reffed loads this week

can i r be a admin ? i r teh win :D

if u need another ref mez from :puke: [DK] wants to be a ref :)

/me wubs DK really :)

O

old.R@MoS

/me finks that next season.. if we have more clans again like this season that we should have a system like uktfcl..

where peaple play on abroved clan servers.. but if neither teams have a server then they play on our league servers where they need a ref

M

Moön

I think now that there isnt any PB in use or any practical method of detecting cheats ref's are very important throughout the league .

M

Mörgoth

That's what's supposed to happen Tui. :/ To be fair, alot of clans will enter their server at, say, 7:30, and they actually avail of the 15 minutes to ready themselves. A pity that clans are not made more aware that 7:45, or 9:15 is the last time that the map will be reloaded/paused and after that it's starting, and if they don't have players on the server then they lose by default.

Ideally that would be the system and ideally it would never come into practice. However, most refs will allow clans the priviledge of being late simply because it isn't nice giving default wins or starting a match 8v7, etc. People's connections can always fuck up, or whatever else... Most clans that drag a match late won't do it intentionally.

V

vuz

in response to R@mos: this is the BWTFCL, and is related to BW - you can only use BW servers as thats the condition we have any BW servers at all.

O

old.mez

ahh yes like [IM]insomnia said.. i wouldnt mind being a ref ..
is it possible for me to sign up to be one ?? If so how ?

O

old.R@MoS

yes vuz i get what you mean m8..
but this season there's alot of clans looking for refs 2 hours before a match because no one has signed up for it..

im simple suggesting a way to solve it if we get lots more clans again in S6, on the other hand you could get 300 refs and theres ount to be someone able to ref everymatch

O

old.=[PM]=Pies[CL]

I wouldn't mind reffing.
C ya in IRC on mon. What room?

T

Twinner

Theres about 80 matches a week bein played and theres roughly 60 refs.

Which means that the majority of refs only have to ref 1 game with a few reffin 2 or 3.

So basically the ref admins all 4 of em need to find 60 peeps that are willin to ref @ least 1 game a week.
And unfortunatly they have'nt :mad:

V

vuz

the point to be said is that we want every single game reffed, of the ones that aren't it must be around 50% of the time that we get soem kind of complaint, where we have no logs and no ref to back anyone up.

V

vuz

the important point is that there is a different between a referee who referees games and helps clans and other referees and answers questions in the IRC channel, and the average player who think it'd be a nice status to have in the league and enable them to get @s in another channel as well as rcon to a few more servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom