Deleted Cancer thread

C

Cadire

I've 'hidden' the 'Let's talk Cancer' thread.

It was a difficult one to call, but we received one report citing the bad taste of the thread. The person reporting it stated they have cancer, and didn't really like to read that kind of stuff... they didn't ask for the thread to be deleted.

Barrysworld Off Topic forums may be a byword for bad taste, but I think in this instance the thread deletion was justified.

Of course those of ou that disagree will be PMing me post haste :/

O

old.Tohtori

Meh, go ahead. It was a past-time fun thread anyways.

Not to start a war but...i said it there i'll say it here:

If we worry about every person who MIGHT get offended then we could just delete BW.

C

Cadire

You have a point, but this is one of those times when a thread is not only in bad taste, but seriously offensive to someone.

I'm in a bit of a pickle here, as I don't like censorship per se, but neither do I want to tell a person suffering from terminal cancer that the thread stays open as it's just a bit of fun.

O

old.Tohtori

Don't worry about it. Better without i'd say, it wasn't such a special thread anyway.

I don't mind but the other guy might mind if it stayed so deleting it is a good option. :D

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
It was a Toto thread anyway... :flame:

;)

Oi! You trying to say that if it has the Toto stamp on it it's deemed for destruction? :p

O

old.job

I agree, but a difficult one, lets start a thread on death.. oh no better hadn't it could offend every living thing on the planet.

What amazes me is how many films have a go at fat people, sometimes the humour is very aggresive, picturing them as pathetic, next to useless, all the overweight people(half the population these days) must be squirming in their seats watchin it.

The popular term 'go postal' to describe someone who goes crazy is hardly fair to the friends and loved one's of the people who were killed by lunatic postal workers who murdered fellow workers after losing their jobs.

When I get hit by a brick it hurts...when you do..it's funny.

Some philosopher (Socrates or summit) said ,

"It's a rare man who does not delight in a friends misfortune"

That is like soooooooo true.

O

old.Tohtori

old.job...you do know that you just agreed with me...do you? I mean... first time for everything but this? :p

O

old.Tohtori

Just noticed..Unca Sicko you're the only one who has a ! in the location like me!

Shout out to shout outs! :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I have two "!"'s and a "1" I am extra 1337 shpeshiul. *smug grin*

O

old.job

Well I could lose a few pounds, but couldn't all DAOC addicts with a family pack of Cheesos and a tiatanic size slushy always at the ready.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.job
Well I could lose a few pounds, but couldn't all DAOC addicts with a family pack of Cheesos and a tiatanic size slushy always at the ready.

I was just kidding ffs omg!!1
*gives the industrial size Dorito bag a longing look*:(

O

old.LandShark

All humour may be to some extent schadenfreude, but that doesn't necessarily need to be taken pride in :p

A

Apathy

Pffft...*I* had cancer. Let people make fun of it until it affects them. Then we'll see how their attitude is.

a.

T

Testin da Cable

My mother had cancer and my dad died from it. I'm still willing to make fun of people's fear of getting it, as I did in the "Let's talk about..." thread. I guess it's all in how one says something, and the meaning behind ones words. I'd never wish it on someone though, oh no.

E

eynar

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
My mother had cancer and my dad died from it. I'm still willing to make fun of people's fear of getting it, as I did in the "Let's talk about..." thread. I guess it's all in how one says something, and the meaning behind ones words. I'd never wish it on someone though, oh no.

My dad died of cancer too...tho I'm not offended by jokes about cancer. There's a huge difference between random jokes and statements directly aimed at someone, which would offend me tbh ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

This is a serious thread! I demand closage!

T

the_smurflord

No-one in my family has ever had cancer.

We normally die of heart failure long before then. :p

Anyway, that thread was not really taking the piss about cancer, more a dicussion about the real risk factors compared to those believed to be real. A valid topic.

H

Halo | NS

I think they've invented an amazing button that stops people who are easily offended about certain subjects from seeing said subjects. It's called a 'back' button.

Most certainly, if I find people offensive or they a discussing a subject that I find uneasy to swallow I just don't read it.

Not trying to be funny or anything but I fail to see why certain threads are closed. It's not like Barry is coming around to your house and forcing you to read the posts by gun point.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Barry kicked the shit out of me the other night because I made Glendower say that he blows goats.

It was well worth it.

H

Halo | NS

Okay so maybe he DOES come to your house and get violent. I stand corrected. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom