Delayed, the whole thing O_o

G

ghostspawn

er, why did they even start the process when they did not have the necessary files?
me fails to spot the logic in this. :(

L

Lam

Also makes you wonder how they got it installed on Gorre if they don't have the files to install it yet :)

O

old.Tohtori

For example...graphincs..sounds...

You can test how things work without the latest texture on the tree you know.

L

Lam

Well, I wouldn't mind playing without the latest textures either, but they clearly stated "We did not receive some of the key elements yet and the launching process of Shrouded Isles is therefore delayed".

Now I wouldn't call textures key elements.

O

old.Tohtori

I would. Try to play SI with all the trees having a checker texture on them..

Or how about with no sounds?

People always think that code is what is missing as a "key element"

L

Lam

Actually, I played SI without a lot of textures and sounds back on US-beta so I know what it's like and it wasn't so bad because it was still great fun to play new classes and new lands even if some things were missing.

O

old.Tohtori

That was beta. Things were expected to be missing. But in general distribution, with a large amount of customers, they can't do that.

It's as simple as cookie dough. You might enjoy it raw but most people still want it baked.

L

Lam

Guess you're right about people wanting to play a finished product, I myself rather enjoy playing an unfinished product and seeing it evolve into something that's worth playing.
It gives me more satisfaction to see how the product get's perfected step by step and to be a part of it.

O

old.Tohtori

Well i myself...not even going to buy SI in no time soon so to me, feck the patch and go back to 1.5? and let me play. :D

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Lam
Also makes you wonder how they got it installed on Gorre if they don't have the files to install it yet :)

Last minute patche fixes.

I worked in a few big data centers and it happens all the time.
We are not talking about the MS WIN XP SP 35 here. these are complicated clusters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom