Default wins

G

g-shock

I was looking on action nation and i noticed that a team that got beat are getting there loss turned into a default win as the clan left or folded. i dont think this should happen as the game has been played. i know that once they are gone the rest of the clans are getting a default win but i think if the match took place i think it shud stand.

S

Shadster

That would be a little unfair though. The clan who left could have been awesome and potentially beat every other clan in the league. To force the 1st clan they played to have a loss while all the other clans in the division got dw would be well out of order.

If a clan leaves the only fair option is to give everyone defaults against it whether they played them or not. Otherwise all the other clans are getting free wins.

G

g-shock

what if the clan wasnt a strong one and they manage 2 beat one of the leaders, and later fold as is the case in div 3b with 1847 this changes the situation at the top of our division. if a team gets beat fairly i think it shud stand.

R

RogueOne

I understand the concern that this issue has generated and it is something I have given some thought to. However, on reflection, it seems that the decision to ammend *all* of a withdrawn clan's results to default losses is inevitable. In particular, I note that Pro in division 2b would be put at a horrible disadvantage by their loss to Cold Fusion, an extremely strong clan who withdrew after week 1. I know that the situation with 1847 is slightly different, since their win came as a total shock, but it wouldn't be right to have one rule for certain divisions and one rule for others on this matter.

This is a less than perfect solution (and I don't think any perfect solution is possible) and therefore this is a good time for me to point out one thing. Clans withdrawing mid-season *does* damage the league. I understand that this season was particularly badly hurt by starting so soon after CS1.4's release, since many clans folded over their dislike of the update, but this is a statement that is true for any season. One-off defaulted games damage divisions badly enough, but when a clan withdraws, the effect on their division can be really quite bad. So please, people, if you sign up for BWCSL, try to survive an entire season :)

G

g-shock

2bh id like 2 hear a little responce from anyone on this subject

I

Ivan.

I was under the impression RogueOne just had the last word :p.

Users who are viewing this thread