Decent Pledge Rewards

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hey everyone, long time no see and all that!

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone who posts here went for any of the higher reward tiers on the kickstarter campaign and got one of the larger in-game rewards?

If I remember correctly there were quite a few things offered - 15 people went for the island reward tier, 9 went for the Inn reward, and so on.

So - who got what?

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
I got the 110$ Tier, "Young Hero"

4 Months game time.(MJ said 3 was a mistake on the KS thing)
55FP(Most likely 65FP due to him bumping the previous Tier 10FP, plus he did +10%, so I most likely have 71FP now)
Special in-game armor & weapon.
Special Dyes & In-game trophy.
In-game "Thank you" (Not sure what this will be)
2 extra character slots.
7% discount on monthly fee(I assume it will be 9.99$, so 7% seems little, but hey, it's something.)
Access to Alpha & all betas.
Gold Forum badge.

OVerall, I felt it was the best deal for me. 250$ Warrior Forever is tempting. I get a lifetime sub @ 1$ per year after 3 years. That'd save me money, if I played every month of every year, it'd take me about 2 years to actually have saved money. Plus, I lose the FOunders Dyes, and I lose the Trophy. Trophy I can do without, Founders Dyes...basically, 140$ more to go from 110$ YH to 250$ Warrior Forever. So I am paying 140$ for 2 years and 6 months of subscription. That's pretty good, I mean, if you're absolutely sure you will play the game, without fail, every month. Who knows, I may still upgrade to Warrior Forever when they finally set the system to upgrade your pledge up.

In the end, the best deal is "110$" Young Hero. For what you get. You get 50$ worth of FP, 4 months of game time(1 is default, so 30 x = 30$ value), along with some unique cosmetics. Fair deal to me.

250$ is great if you wanna go all in. Else for someone like me who only plays a MMO for a few months a year, just doesn't make sense.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hello Mr Dukat!

I went for $50 - no idea what I get for that. Copy of the game and a bunch of stuff I think.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
just because it has got through kickstart doesnt mean that the project will automatically make it to retail. It has a certain amount of funding and good will from the devs but you dont know the number of kick starts that never make it to live.

So even tho you have made a donation and the kick start made its figure .. 2 years is a long time and things change there is no guarantee that Camelot Unchained will ever make it to live. There is just the best intentions of the devs at this point in time.

So if it doesnt make it live then obviously you wont get any of the things you listed is what i was meaning.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hello Mr Dukat!

I went for $50 - no idea what I get for that. Copy of the game and a bunch of stuff I think.

I went for this one, also!

The main thing with that is the earliest beta access in Feb 2015. Which sounds like a date in some sort of sci-fi movie. I wonder if anyone will still want to play this when we all have flying cell-phone scooters.

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
just because it has got through kickstart doesnt mean that the project will automatically make it to retail. It has a certain amount of funding and good will from the devs but you dont know the number of kick starts that never make it to live.

So even tho you have made a donation and the kick start made its figure .. 2 years is a long time and things change there is no guarantee that Camelot Unchained will ever make it to live. There is just the best intentions of the devs at this point in time.

So if it doesnt make it live then obviously you wont get any of the things you listed is what i was meaning.

That could be said in every thread about any subject related to CU or any other kickstarter though. So whats the point to say it?

No fancy 1k+ tier here. I went for the IT tier with an added 50 or 100 dollar for FPs later this month, IT was the only option for me as i want to have the chance to have my voice heard on some things as soon as pos:) and i don't mind the 'boring' testing

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
because everyone is talking like its a fate a compli that its gonna be released and this is the first cu thread that i read where ppl saying i am going to get x and y

Dukat

Resident Freddy
because everyone is talking like its a fate a compli that its gonna be released and this is the first cu thread that i read where ppl saying i am going to get x and y

Does this mean we have to pre-face everything with "if CU actually gets released in 2015 when we all have flying cellphone scooters" ?

Lets be fair - at this point it is near enough just as likely/unlikely to be released as any other game that has been announced in the future but not yet released.

Before the kickstarter campaign I'd say it was less likely - now that $2m has been raised and a further $3m promised, it's looking pretty good.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Paid $75 even if I do wonder if I'll still be playing games (if) when it goes to Beta :)

As for the rewards i know I'll have forgotten them by 2015 so whatever I get will be a bonus :D

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved

Well we're all talking with the assumption that it will be released. What would be the point of any discussion if we didn't assume that?

There are not many things that are certain in life and there are unlimited amounts of reasons why he maybe can't play CU once it gets released alas it would be a bad investment but pointing any of them out makes no sense

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I did the Warrior $250 followed with the Paypal $150

Warrior gives:
70 Founders Points
3 years free subs - renewable after 3 years for $1
Platinum Forum badge
3 beta invites
Alpha access
Founders Wall plaque
3 additional char slots
Starter Weapons and Armour

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy

Warrior gives:
70 Founders Points
Platinum Forum badge
3 beta invites
Alpha access
Founders Wall plaque
3 additional char slots
Went for the same, I found the 3 years sub + 1$ to renew per year after that, too appealing to pass :)

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Lol, they have a legal obligation to release the game. If they don't, we can open a class-action lawsuit against them, this is in Kickstarters FAQ. On top of that, would Mark Jacobs throw his 30 year career in the industry away for a simple cash grab, when he already has enough money to not need to?

Andrew is a genius coder who enjoys what he does. IF he was part of such a scam, no one would hire him. Same with the rest of the Team, fresh outta college, they would destroy their careers. It's pretty much impossible that CU would not be released.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lol, they have a legal obligation to release the game. If they don't, we can open a class-action lawsuit against them, this is in Kickstarters FAQ. On top of that, would Mark Jacobs throw his 30 year career in the industry away for a simple cash grab, when he already has enough money to not need to?

Andrew is a genius coder who enjoys what he does. IF he was part of such a scam, no one would hire him. Same with the rest of the Team, fresh outta college, they would destroy their careers. It's pretty much impossible that CU would not be released.
A class action law suit after they spent all your money .. you cant get money out of ppl who dont have it :p I never said it was a scam just you never know what happens in 2 years.

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH

Warrior gives:
70 Founders Points
Platinum Forum badge
3 beta invites
Alpha access
Founders Wall plaque
3 additional char slots

Gone for this one too.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
A class action law suit after they spent all your money .. you cant get money out of ppl who dont have it :p I never said it was a scam just you never know what happens in 2 years.

?
Mark Jacobs has money. He's not filthy rich, but he does have some wealth. So yeah.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
I don't understand you, I'm afraid. =/

Why do you think CU will up and poof, never hitting production?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i said there was a possibility the same with all kick starters .. the fact that its a very complex mmo and not a stand alone game would add to the complexity and the fact that i dont think they have enough money titles like bioshock infinite cost more than the 5 million or so they have at the moment and that is a simpler type of game to produce.

I am not saying it will or wont im just saying it might.

boxfetish

Fledgling Freddie
I went with the $1000 Living Large tier. The boss made me give up alcohol and coffee from the end of the kickstarter until Labor Day as a result. I am already starting to question my judgement. The tangible benefits of the LL tier along with the $ saved from no coffee/alcohol at least means that this tier is more than paying for itself. So, that's good, I guess.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I went with the $1000 Living Large tier. The boss made me give up alcohol and coffee from the end of the kickstarter until Labor Day as a result. I am already starting to question my judgement. The tangible benefits of the LL tier along with the $ saved from no coffee/alcohol at least means that this tier is more than paying for itself. So, that's good, I guess.

Living it large? Custom built house?

New rumour: I heard there was a party round Box's house :D And everyone is invited! And there will be many free things to take, mostly anything that isn't nailed down.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
On Moriaths points; i agree. It's no quarantee that it gets made and it does need to be said to remind people of it. I see way too many people throwing blind faith into a project just because it's gone through kickstarter, especially since nothing really major has been made through it.

Worse are the people who support kickstarter, but are hellbent against pre-order :p

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
Stop discussing wheter or not is wil, won't or perhaps wil get made. It wil get made.
There are several securities in place by now on Kickstarter for backers of successfully funded projects

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH
I have since also added the $300 Fp's on top of the $150 and extra $50, so gonna have a few FP's to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom