Decent iPod headphones

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
OK, just got me an iPod and don't relish taking it on the tube with me with the standard white headphones.

Can anyone recommend a decent set of headphones to replace them that won't cost a small fortune? I was looking at the Sennheiser PX200 headset.

TIA!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think there was an article in The Times about muggers targetting people wearing ipod headphones. They are very distinctive.

I'd like to know this as well, pay for mine in 3 weeks.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
i hear the sony in-ear ones are alright.

pretty much any decent headphones i guess.

i use some £20 sony ones.

Vae

Resident Freddy
These are truly superb :)

Sony Fontopia

Totally block out all surrounding noise making you feel in your own little world even on a London street! Also because they pipe the sound straight into your ear you don't need the volume up high and even on high other people can barely hear them even in quiet conditions so no pissing everyone else on the tube off.

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Clown said:
What stations do you use? :)
Brixton...near you, I think, isn't it? ;)

Thanks for the tip, Vae - I may try them out, but I generally have a problem with in the ear phones: they don't stay in too well. Not that I have mutated ears or anything, just never found a pair that's comfortable.

Clown

Part of the furniture
HEY YOU LIVE NEAR ME!! Can I borrow your iPod?

edit - live or work or have friends and drug dealers near me ;)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Breni said:
Brixton...near you, I think, isn't it? ;)

Thanks for the tip, Vae - I may try them out, but I generally have a problem with in the ear phones: they don't stay in too well. Not that I have mutated ears or anything, just never found a pair that's comfortable.

Thats the beauty of these SOny's. They come with 3 different sizes of flexible rubber surround which fit right IN the ear cutting out all extraneous noise rather than nesting in the outside of it where, as you say, they can fall out.

Onyl problem I've had is I've lost a couple of the rubber surrounds because they can come off if you have them in a pocket or something and just pull the earphones out where they could catch on something and get pulled off. My tip would be use the carry case they come with :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The Sony headphones also have the added benefit of increasing the damage done to the inner ear when compared to traditional open-backed headphones.

Tinnitus at 30 anyone?

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
The Sony headphones also have the added benefit of increasing the damage done to the inner ear when compared to traditional open-backed headphones.

Tinnitus at 30 anyone?
Pardon? I can't hear you for the ringing...

I looked everywhere in town for the Sony earpieces, couldn't find them. So I ended up shelling £40 for the PX200's, and I'm glad I did - they're chuffing brilliant :)

Now, all I need is the FM transmitter and a case. I saw the thread a bit further down about the cases and I reckon I'm going with Tom's suggestion - the 180lb resistance should do well to stop iPod snatchers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom