Question Decent hosting for wordpress site?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Yeah Yeah, should probably be in the technical forum, but I never look in there so I assume lots of others might not either.

I use wordpress for a work website with some hosting in the states, but I want to do one for a bit of a personal project and don't need it to have quite the same capabilities as the other one so....

Anyone have a personal recommendation for decent hosting at the moment at a good price? I could and have googled, but there's millions of options so I would rather a personal recommendation from people I can trust, which apparently is you scummy bastards ;)

Love you!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Vidahost get all of my hosting business.

Awesome, when I sell the site to facebook for $19bn I shall buy you an orangery. Thank you. (Other suggestions welcome, but it'll have to do better than @caLLous if you want an orangery too)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Tsohost for me, best shared hosting I've used for WordPress

Cheap too!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
wordpress.com for freebie hosting of what will presumably start as a small site you may well get bored of in a month?

Can always move it over to something larger in time if needed.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Don'
wordpress.com for freebie hosting of what will presumably start as a small site you may well get bored of in a month?

Can always move it over to something larger in time if needed.
t you have to have whatever.wordpress.com as the domain then though? This is a site likely to be used for some professional services in the nearish future so would prefer to develop it with a proper domain.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Awesome, when I sell the site to facebook for $19bn I shall buy you an orangery. Thank you. (Other suggestions welcome, but it'll have to do better than @caLLous if you want an orangery too)
Vidahost are good, though I don't use their hosting anymore they've got all my domains.

Wordpress.com charges $13 to point a domain at it according to the site, which is not a bad deal.

Been using MiniVPS for over a year for my stuff, really good. Bare VM + Webmin = do whatever you want

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I have a cheapy VPS with Digital Ocean too. Servers in Europe, 512 MB, 20GB SSD for $5 USD a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom