Decent Camera Phone

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Still using me 3210.. (2nd one, 1st got nicked by a gang of youths!) So I need a new phone. I want one of those ones with a camera thingy. Just gonna be using it for pics, texting and maybe the odd phonecall (you know what teenagers are like with phones)

Not really got a budget, although I don't wanna spend to much. I know absolutely nowt about phones, and all these words like tariff/contract/pay as u go/ up 2 u ... and other weird lingo is foreign to me. So if anyones seen any good deals about let me know, ta very much! :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Looks smart. How much? I don't see a price. :)

Wonkey

Fledgling Freddie
mm, around 100£ I think. Bought mine in Denmark, so I dont know if you've got the same prices over there really :/

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
6230 is nice, here is some pics -
phone1.jpg

phone2.jpg

phone3.jpg

Cool.jpg

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
That is nice quality. How much did that set you back?

Hoping to get it within the next week, I'm going away in 8 days. :)

tris-

well i pay £25 on contract. to buy unlocked its about £300 ;)

you can even get this on £17 a month last time i checked.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Bloody heck. :D

Maybe me best bet is to pop down the local phone shops. I'll look a right prat though if I don't know what the tariff etc all mean. :p

Clown

Part of the furniture
Motorola v300, v500, v600 - All the same camera, all very good quality.
Samsung E700 - about the same quality as the Motorolas.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly the z500 isnt as nice as the 1010 but I love the colours of them both. Question is though, frizz have you seen the size of a z1010? they are teh HUGE! will happily fill even the largest pockets to the point girls will look and think you have done a little sex wee

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
jaba said:
Sadly the z500 isnt as nice as the 1010 but I love the colours of them both. Question is though, frizz have you seen the size of a z1010? they are teh HUGE! will happily fill even the largest pockets to the point girls will look and think you have done a little sex wee

Ugh, that sucks. Is it even bigger than the Motorola A835?

:/

I thought they'd be similar in size to the LG 3G phone (forgot its #).

Gray

FH is my second home
Ive got me a K700i, very nice phone indeed, its a lot better than the T610 which i highly rate myself, due to better buttons/camera/screen.

Atm i do believe its a battle between the K700 and the Nokia 6230 which is "the daddy of camera phones".

Also had a Motorola v600, that was decent enough. What about the Sharp GX30? the GX10i/20 had excellent cameras, and theres even talk of a GX40 coming along soon.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
The z1010 is a little smaller than the motorola fat bastard (tm) but only when closed, when open it is similar size but still a very nice phone to use.
The GX30/20 are very similar a few firmware changes and a slight case change is about all the differences I can recall off the top of my head but both are great phones, nice and easy to use and have amazing cameras and one of the best screens on a phone. Only downside is you have to be with vodafone to get one or fork out a shit load of cash.
The k700i is a lovely phone, nice an small yet great screen and very nice camera the same can be said about the 6230 although the screen isnt as good, nor is the camera. I just bought a 7610, best camera on the market IMO and a splendid screen. Slightly chunky and with an odd(ish) keypad but still very usable but i love it....and I can and have put a gameboy colour emulator on it :)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I have the 6230 and can't speak high enough of it. Several people at work bought phones around the same time and are all gutted they didn't get this phone having seen me taking much better pictures and the fact I have half a gig of mp3's stored on it and play it through the little hands free/charger/speaker unit you can get for it.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it's the first phone you can have mp3's for ringtones on though not 100% sure on this. My current is Bad to the bone :D

Gray

FH is my second home
naah MP3 ringtones has been around ages, v600 has it, K700, 6230 and i think the XDA II.

One thing i have noticed, is the battery life for the K700 is rather shitty, i have to charge it up every 2nd day, not good :/

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think the v500 has it too, but that came out after the v600 didn't it?

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to second Tris' recommendation for the 6230, the camera is quite impressively good considering it's essentially little more than a gimmick. However, it has been suggested that the Sony Ericsson K700i might also be quite good. My best recommendation is to go to a phone shop and have a play with their stock (so to speak).

Clown

Part of the furniture
Is the 6230 the black one? I think the screen on it looks a bit pap :(

tris-

one more -

outside.jpg

13 floors up

will have another later but bluetooth is being a fucker.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Got a K700i today. It's niiiiiiice. Very nice. But then, I've always slightly favoured Sony Ericsson over Nokia for some reason. It feels well built, features are thorough and has all the mod cons. Ye old stories of SEs being slow for texting can be banished too!

Can't comment on battery life, mind, only had it unplugged for about 8 hours (Bluetooth switched on and in heavy use, made one hour-long call and the battery indicator is down a notch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom