Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Playstation 5

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, the reviews are pretty much out now, which one would you choose?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Neither really, maybe a PS5 in a year or so but for now what I would have spent on a console will be going on a new graphics card, probably a 6800xt, but again I will wait and see after Xmas.

I also read somewhere that Sony are hiring PC devs atm with hints of some exclusives making it to PC (like the dreadfully dull Horizon zero dawn) and Microsoft keen on PC/XBox releases, so there may well be no need for a console.

I've always been a late adopter anyway.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If i had to the ps5 but at the moment neither as i dont have a requirement. Still have lots of ps4 games to finish

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Got my PS5 ordered, was watching YongYea today and he got botht he PS5 and Xbox Series X early for review purposes - didn't check his Xbox stuff yet but he says the PS5 control pad battery life is about 10-10.5 hours which is a healthy upgrade over the PS4's 4-5 hour battery life.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think the XBox Series X has to get my vote for the moment. The PS5 is just too big and I don't think Sony has the same advantage this generation that they did the last.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

"Microsoft has pledged to release all of its next-gen exclusives on Steam"

I have one mounted behind my TV, never used it really. I am going to be doing some re-wiring soon anyway, so I can get the cable required between my PC from 15 metres to less than 5 so I can connect directly and run full 4k.

Microsoft are attacking this in a bit of a weird angle, PC owners just don't need an Xbox as they can get it all on PC (For now at least...) which means they will get fewer hardware sales, off the bat. It's probably why they are hoovering up so many publishers and developers now so that they can focus on software and IPs. As this could be the last generation of physical number crunching consoles, it's likely everything will be streamed in 5, 6, 7 years, this could be a long term master stroke from Microsoft. Add to that the different specced machines being released, they will gain knowledge of servicing different platforms and expectations.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think the XBox Series X has to get my vote for the moment. The PS5 is just too big and I don't think Sony has the same advantage this generation that they did the last.

I'm actually still disappointed Sony hasn't even attempted to properly challenge the Xbox Game Pass yet, the Sony version is a bit cack.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm actually still disappointed Sony hasn't even attempted to properly challenge the Xbox Game Pass yet, the Sony version is a bit cack.
This is whats selling xbox to me over PS at the moment as well. Also, the PS5 controller looks absolutely awful, where as MS have just stuck with tried and tested.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

"Microsoft has pledged to release all of its next-gen exclusives on Steam"

I have one mounted behind my TV, never used it really. I am going to be doing some re-wiring soon anyway, so I can get the cable required between my PC from 15 metres to less than 5 so I can connect directly and run full 4k.

Microsoft are attacking this in a bit of a weird angle, PC owners just don't need an Xbox as they can get it all on PC (For now at least...) which means they will get fewer hardware sales, off the bat. It's probably why they are hoovering up so many publishers and developers now so that they can focus on software and IPs. As this could be the last generation of physical number crunching consoles, it's likely everything will be streamed in 5, 6, 7 years, this could be a long term master stroke from Microsoft. Add to that the different specced machines being released, they will gain knowledge of servicing different platforms and expectations.

100%. The future of gaming is streaming, so clever business by MS to buy up developers, as exclusives are what will sell streaming services in the future, not tech.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This is whats selling xbox to me over PS at the moment as well. Also, the PS5 controller looks absolutely awful, where as MS have just stuck with tried and tested.

My PS5 arrives toay between 2:30 an 3:30, shalt tell you if the pad is good or not, from what I've read though its good.. has a huge battery life too - 10-15 hours between charges.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I actually really like the PS4 pad, I had one to use on PC, before buying my ps4 pro.

When we can finally see other people I will be going round a mates house who has a PS5 and trying it out, if I like it I will be buying one when they release a black one, that white one will be filthy within weeks...the pad that is, not the console :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom