Dear Mother..

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Vandelay McGrady is an armsman who had his officers training in camelot without seeing one fight. As exam the "will be" officers are beeing sent out on a mission as sergeant. The future of these young men and women depends on the succes and degree of difficulty they choose to take. Vandelay is a very ambitous man an decided to volunteer to serve in the frontier of Albion. During his mission he writes lettres to his mother in Humberton.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Dear mother,

We arived at castle Sauvage today without a problem. The money you have spent on the lessons in Camelot proved them self worthy. I was able to lead the men without a single problem in a half a day time. according to Sir Richmond, a Renaris knight, no one has ever done it so fast. Aah, I see i am blabbering again. Let me introduce my squad first. My corporal is Talmont DeGracie, a veteran who has had more promotions and demotions then stewart willie has chased Trolls. He is in every wa a mercenarie, foul in his language, hard in his doings and can drink more then brother Demay on Arthurs day. Nonetheless I am happy to have him as my corperal. On duty he is one of albions finest soldiers, and his expierence in our own frontier is very handy indeed, as i only know the frontiers from maps. The drinking brother of Talmont is the friar Tamata, a britton who has been send away by the church until he has accepted hi sname given by god. Apparently Tamata is not his real name, but a name which he choose during one of his drinking sessions, claiming a god from the east has given him that name.Up to know he refuses to tell me his real name. Constantly he makes fun fun of the "holy" team. A cleric and a paladin. You might know the cleric, Flombert McTuborg, his father is a guard of Lord Humberton, maybe a sergeant by now. The paladin is a higly religous fighter called ayloria. She keeps talking about converting our sorceror to the true faith. Speaking of my sorcerer, mother, i wish you could see her. An avalonian woman called Mena. I have never seen avalonians before, the natural beauty they have is astonishing. And her voice, once can only compare its beauty with a single drop that falls during a clear winter day. Accoording to Talmont the elves are even more beautifull untill you look in their eyes. I can not wait to meet an elf. Before i start loosing my self in describing Mena I will introduce the most merry man of my squad. Karim the minstrel. All day long he keeps singing and lauging and dancing, and somehow no one can make him loose his temper. During our long walk he kept playing a mellodie with his drums that made us forget our tired legs and it quickened our speed. The last man from my squad is a silent man. an infiltraitor called perosteck. He is constantly silence and on guard. Even in Castle excalibur, one of the best defended castles in Albion, he keeps looking out of the corner of his eyes. We will leave Castle Excalibur the day after tomorow. I hope I have time to write you when we reach Caer Berkstead.
Give my love to Chta and stewart Willie.

With Love
Your Son
Sergeant Vandelay McGrady

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Dear Mother,

Sorry I couldnt write you sooner. Two weeks have passed since I last wrote you. We have arrived at Caer sursbrook last night with a wounded Ayloria and Flombert. All but my own ego is fine. After we left Excalibur walked for three days to reach Caer Berkstead. Already the second day perosteck told us we were followed. Unable to find anyone I decided it was just the fears of this old infiltraitor we continued our road to castle Berkstead. Boy was I wrong. We reached Caer Berkstead without seeing anyone other then a few foul creatures that has set camp in our lovely lands. One day I will cleane our frontiers from such creatures so that all can live and farm safely there. Caer berkstead is a boring castle with an absolutly lazy Lord. I know I am not supposed to say this, but the soldiers there will probably desert when they see the first trolls. Needles to say we I decided to move out the day after despite the warnings from perosteck.. Somehow Tamata and Talmont also plead to stay, but I had the feeling it was because of the drinks and the female soldiers. The next morning we left and didnt encounter any problems, neither with beast nor with invaders. The journey to cear Sursbrooke was supposed to be a two day trip, it was supposed to be an easy trip. But during the night a pack of wolves attacked us. I guess they were hungry and smelled the food. This wasnt the biggest problem I had. As Tamata screamed for alarm I noticed that perosteck had vanished. The wolves werent strong but were with many, they prooved themself to be a difficult opponent. During the fight three small figures appeared out of the shadows and attacked Tamata, flombert and Ayloria. At that moment Talmont, Karim Mena and Me were under attack by atleast a dozen wolves and were not able to help them out. Tamata was fast enough to dodge the attack. Ayloria and Flombert were not so lucky. The legs of ayloria were cut in shreds by the small figure, not able to stand she went down pretty fast. Quickly she rose her shield infront of her fase, protecting her neck. The assasin meanwhile did some heavy damage on her body. Flombert got a knife in his back, but before the assasin was able to give the killing blow perosteck appeared from behind and swiftly killed the assasin with a throat cut. In the mean time Mena was able to free her self from the wolves and casted a spell on the assasin who was hitting Ayloria. He froze instantly. Tamata was able to kill his opponent himself and Perosteck killed number three.
With his small healing powers Tamata patched up Fombert enough so he could walk. Ayloria is another story. She had lost a lot of blood and her eyes were already turned away. Tamata suspected a spoison of somesort were used by the three lurikeen assasins. Never in my life i have heard of these creatures. Talmont tells me they are more then just trained pets, these beeings have an own will and can think for themselves. Somehow They managed to convinced the elfs they are intelligent enough to join their ranks. With great haste we moved to Caer Sursbrooke where Ayloria is beeing tended now.

With love from your failing Son

Vandelay McGrady

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom