dear kemor: about gorre 1.52 testing

O

old.Kladen

would it be possible that you could test out all the servers on gorre so prydwen peps and other german/french servers can test their high level characters and respec.

even if its after patch 1.52 goes live, i think many people dont want to mess up respec coz you only get one chance, and it isnt very fair if the other servers can test respec to make sure they get a nice spec.

please consider this.

L

-Lonewolf-

I am sure he will consider it but I just don't think its viable :(

O

old.Kladen

maybe if you cant test the secondary servers before patching you could do it after? when everyone has patch 1.52 im sure people would still like it

R

Reverant Mezz

seems pretty shit that the main servers for each country are only allowed to test it out =/

S

SFXman

I agree that only letting some servers test is total BS... not in every case but this time we get respec! I totally agree with this threads point.
I want to test respeccing my scout... was it not so that each character gets to totally respec when the patch is installed? Not just one spec line.

O

old.Lythande

If you're 50 you should get one(1) /respec all, which zeros all speclines and two(2) /respec specline IIRC

O

old.Bull

Just to clear out any doubts about respec, this is taken from camelotheralds 1.52 release notes:

RESPEC

Respeccing (the ability to change your character's skill specializations) is now in the game. The previously-announced ability to change one of your character's specializations at levels 20 and 40 has been implemented, as well as the special one-time ability for all current players of the game to fully respec their characters. Since the game has changed so much since release, it is only fair that those characters who already play the game be given the chance to fully respec so that they can take advantage of skills and abilities that were not implemented when they started playing (and speccing).

Here's how it works:

Full Respec

If you have a current character in Dark Age of Camelot, you may elect to do a full respec. This resets ALL of your character's specializations to zero (or that spec's minimum allowed for your class), and gives you the equivalent number of spec points back to you so you can retrain however you see fit. Please note that respeccing is a one-time thing, and is irrevocable. You cannot do a full respec again, so be sure you know how you want to spec your character before you do this.

NOTE: if your class has a "min spec level" on any specialization then you will be taken down to the minimum allowed when you do a /respec all based on your level. You cannot go under your class minimum (based on your level) for those specializations.

ALSO NOTE: Full respec only is available to current characters of the game, and is offered to them as a way to take advantage of the many game features that have been implemented since the game began (and presumably since their character was initially specced). Future characters will receive the normal "spec-line" respecs at levels 20 and 40, but not a full respec.

To do a full respec, go to your trainer, select him, and type "/respec ALL". You will only have a limited time to do a full respec: within two levels of when you first log into this version. So, if you are level 22, and you want to respec, you will have to do it before you attain 24th level.

In order to facilitate faster re-training, you can now select a specialization at your trainer and click the train button multiple times. Previously, you had to select the specialization you wanted to train in every time you trained in it. Now you can just select it once and click the "train" button multiple times.

Single-Skill Respec

From now on, when a character reaches the levels of 20 and 40, they will gain the ability to "de-train" a specialization by doing a single-spec respec.

To do a single-skill respec (when you reach level 20 or level 40), go to your trainer, select him, and type "/respec SKILL NAME". Please note that you cannot redo this - once you respec a skill, it is done.

Please note that you must perform a spec-line respec within the level that you gain the ability to do so: at level 20 or level 40. You will not be able to "hold" spec-line respecs forever; you must use them at those specific levels.

Also, please note that you gain this skill when you level from 19 to 20 and from 39 to 40. This means that an existing character who is level 20 will not gain the level 20 single-spec respec, but since everyone gets the full respec, that player could fully respec (and in fact must do so before attaining level 22 if they wish to respec at all before level 40).

Finally, you will not gain the single-skill respec if you are eligible to use a full respec and have not. So, if you are 19th level, you have a full respec available to you, and you advance to 20, you will not gain the single-skill respec because you still have the full respec available to you. Any changes you want to make to your character can be made through the full respec at that time.

Future Respecs

If we ever make a class-defining change in the future, we will offer single-spec respecs to those class/spec combinations that are affected by the change.

W

<Wels>

Oooo please let prydwen database on for atleast 2 days

K

kemor

Sadly that's not going to happen. Procedures are here to be used, we will always use the main servers for Gorre testings: Brocéliande, Excalibur & Avalon.

R

Ragnarok1978

I know it's hard as hell to respec based on other people's experiences, since you have to find the skillset that suit you.

But visit the camelot vault and look thru threads based on your class and you should quickly see which specllines people like and dislike.

On US they get the same treatment as here, if not worse :) Imagine they had to let all server databases test thru on pendragon before letting the patch go live, yikes!

W

<Wels>

Originally posted by kemor
Sadly that's not going to happen. Procedures are here to be used, we will always use the main servers for Gorre testings: Brocéliande, Excalibur & Avalon.

Then we want free cookies and milk! :p

B

Brannor McThife

Fine, then put in special trainers to Ding everyone to L50 and let them test the respec.

After all, you're going to want to test that people "lose" the ability to respec as the passy 20/40.

<mumbles something about discrimination.>

-G

B

Belsameth

you guys can have all the idiots that inhabit Excal.
Prydwen would be the main server then and would be able to test respec.

not being able to test respec is a small price to pay to lose them all, I guess (for me, at least) :)

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by old.Bull
Brix - 50 Hunter (afk) - prydwen
Bull - 50 Warrior (afk) - prydwen

Warders
hey,i was wondering where you were hiding brixie,get your ass back in the game ffs.i can't kill all those albs alone you know :D
your gf is back long enough now :p

O

old.Biffsmash

Testing the new patch is not for the players to try out the new skills etc and go ooooohhh, its for GOA to make sure it works IMHO.

So sorry to all players not from the main servers, but I'll let you know how respec works :p

edit: Stop bashing excal, pryd has just as many idiots, why do you think I hardly ever play my alts there?? ;)

P

Psy|:m00:

Originally posted by old.Biffsmash

edit: Stop bashing excal, pryd has just as many idiots, why do you think I hardly ever play my alts there?? ;)

Because you can level your main chars on excal and feck around with the respec? :p

L

listepik

im fairly sure, the reason they dont apply all of em, is that duplicate names WILL occur. imagine the ammounts of Legolas variants we have, and imagine the other servers having just as many. that would get pretty goddamn ugly :p

the auto trainer, sounds like a beter idea, though

P

Psy|:m00:

But then people would just level to 50 straight off and go, oh well tried all the classes to 50, no point playing anymore :mad:

M

mavericky

On the US servers all players were given the opportunity to copy there character onto the Pendragon server no matter what server they were on, all they had to do was request the transfer, wait 24 hours and it would be done. Since it is possible to do it there (with far more servers and a higher possibility of name duplication) why cant we have it here? It is not as if we would be allowed a second chance to respec if we got it wrong. Penalising people for choosing a lesser populated server is wrong, especially when there is a viable alternative which is not only possible but has already been done in the US

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by mavericky
On the US servers all players were given the opportunity to copy there character onto the Pendragon server no matter what server they were on, all they had to do was request the transfer, wait 24 hours and it would be done. Since it is possible to do it there (with far more servers and a higher possibility of name duplication) why cant we have it here? It is not as we would be allowed a second chance to respec if we got it wrong. Penalising people for choosing a lesser populated server is wrong, especially when there is a viable alternative which is not only possible but has already been done in the US

what he said :clap:

B

Brannor McThife

Sorry... I left out the [/sarcasm] in my post...

:flame:

-G

O

old.Bull

Originally posted by kalgarn

hey,i was wondering where you were hiding brixie,get your ass back in the game ffs.i can't kill all those albs alone you know :D
your gf is back long enough now :p

hey hey kalg!! :)

Im slowly beginning to get back ingame (was online with Bull yesterday :cool: ) but I have been around with various alts, I even made a spiritmaster.... LMAO whats up with the summoning spec line :confused:
Brix will be back in 1.52 i think, gotta respec all the points i wasted in stealth and make a new and improved (lol) hunter :)

O

old.Kladen

could it be possible to put the secondary servers on gorre after everyone gets patched 1.52?

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by old.Bull

Brix will be back in 1.52 i think, gotta respec all the points i wasted in stealth and make a new and improved (lol) hunter :)
well,kal and bull can still go out and kill stuff ;)
we'll just run into the zerg and die.will be great fun :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom