Dear GoA

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Its not a secret that Excal, Prydwen and Camlann is bleeding bad. So im wondering.

1: Any plans of merging/clusteríng/doing anything at all with the eng servers?

2: Camlann has around 500 players, Mordred has 700 during primetime,
would it be possible to merge/cluster/let us move characters, or do u
consider thoose numbers acceptable ? (its almost not even worth logging
on to Camlann nowdays)
And from what ive heard on VN boards thoose
guys arent happy either.

3: Plans on clustering/merging etc English servers with the German and
French ones ?

Maybe u havent decided stuff yet or so, but u must have discussed it,
just give us anything, a little glimt of light in this dark tunnel. I just want
something to look forward to, cuz Catacombs aint gonna bring 500+ players
back to each server.

EDIT: and yes ofc i know there is a shitload of tech stuff to think about,
different languages, servers, clients etc etc but if u put some effort into
it im sure its possible to make it happend. Or are u just gonna let it
die and say "bla bla 500 players is ok on a server primetime" ?

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Its obvious that Excal and pryd will be clustered and i seriously doubt that they can or will cluster different langueges together. And it isnt nesesary either. Excal has seen 1200 in frontiers at once and even though we are far from that getting to play with the pryd fellows will live up RvR again and more will go out. I just hope it wont feck up population issues even more than it is now.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I pray Goa doesnt implement clustering on prydwen and excalibur if they do they will be shooting themselves so far in the foot it wont even be funny.

They will be then forced to make people choose 1 server 1 realm. most people like the fact we can play with three different realms. They implement cluster f**k and i asure you more people will leave than stay too many have alts on excal and alts on prydwen on different realms to be given an 8 hour window to pick which one will kill the game.

Cluster excal and prydwen with french or german servers work out how to make the language IE keeps etc appear in the same server language and it will be alot more fun.

Either way Clustering on 2 servers is a killer dont do it, and you cant cluster camlaan as its a totally different rule set the reason noone players there is because its full of morons :D

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
They can't cluster Camlann with any server, it's a pvp-server...and the only one GOA have so... :(

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
I pray Goa doesnt implement clustering on prydwen and excalibur if they do they will be shooting themselves so far in the foot it wont even be funny.

They will be then forced to make people choose 1 server 1 realm. most people like the fact we can play with three different realms. They implement cluster f**k and i asure you more people will leave than stay too many have alts on excal and alts on prydwen on different realms to be given an 8 hour window to pick which one will kill the game.

Maybe i read it wrong but i dont youll be losing your alts on the two diff servers.. the only thinkg they cluster as far as i understand is the zones (aint it)

so youll still be able to play hib mid alb or what ever you play and keep your chars.

or am i wrong? or did i just miss read your post :eek7:

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Zil said:
Maybe i read it wrong but i dont youll be losing your alts on the two diff servers.. the only thinkg they cluster as far as i understand is the zones (aint it)

so youll still be able to play hib mid alb or what ever you play and keep your chars.

or am i wrong? or did i just miss read your post :eek7:
its a 8 hour timer if u wanna change realm/server, or atleast that is how it is in U.S.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I've asked a GM if Prydwen and Excal will get clustered, but so far I've gotten a massive NO as a reply. I only seriously play Midgard, so the 8 hr window doesn't bother me really. I prefer a nicely filled server with an 8hr window than one mediocre server and one dead one, just because you want to be instantly able to play some other realm.

Midgard, last evening, prime time - 188 players.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The last time this question was asked the reply was that the plans atm are to pull in new players through advertising campaigns and catacombs. That was the last answer I saw.

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Minau said:
its a 8 hour timer if u wanna change realm/server, or atleast that is how it is in U.S.

so what about my alts on pryd? if i choose alb on excal?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tesla Monkor said:
Midgard, last evening, prime time - 188 players.

not /anon...

it's like with the usual pop whines about relic raids, people sum up the non-anon people, compare it to the number on the GOA site and then add the remainder into albion :p

plus this week is the "week after WoW release" - of course numbers are going to be depressed.

Clustering excal/prydwen would be horrible, and shouldn't be done unless they suddenly shrink to 400 pop servers.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Zil said:

You can choose to play either just need to leave a 8 hour gap between swapping i think.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zil said:

if they're in a different realm you have to wait 8 hours to log them in.

New players who create chars on alb/excal will only be able to create on alb/prydwen.

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
thats kinda sick tbh..

if they do that they need to open a 3rd english server (they should do that anyway, i never played hib :D )

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
server clustering... bad... even harder to get... artifacts... must kill.... all.... excal.... players... must destroy link cable between... servers....

nerf

:sex:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
If GoA actually made a half arsed attempt to promote DAOC in the UK they might see more people start and a slight increase in the english servers population, but the coverage DAOC gets in the UK is borderline laughable, hell we cant even but it in most shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom