Dealing with mids...

N

Nemue

Mids are the devil i tell you, recently started my RvR career with my druid, and enjoying it, altho of late as i've come across more and more mid groups i've found myself severly lacking, first my group gets mezzed, if i burn my GP here it takes 2 seconds then we're like stunned, diseased,nearsighted, rooted and mezzed again (they have 2 timers for those mezz's??), if i don't use GP the zerkers rush in and we're dead anyway.

Given ofc this mostly happen when i run into somewhat experianced mids, but to me it seems that vs those mids that know how to play i haven't got a shadow of a chance to save my group no matter how good i perform as a healer =/

If someone have any ideas,tricks,experiances to help combat the mids, feel free to share them.

T

Tyka

mids tactics: insta stun, cast disease, wait 2-3 secs, (hib group uses gp by now) , cast mez, assist each other and take down enemy 1 by 1..

A

Amadon

get some tanks with high det to take out the healer

get an eldritch to nearsight the healer

get your group to spread out til the healer's dealt with, and stay back so the tanks get the brunt of the stun and you can heal til it wears off

deal with the healer first

if you have root, use it on the zerkers

get your bard to s.t. mez the healer (insta or castable if he can)

as a druid you can't really deal with the healer alone, your heals might keep your group alive til the stun wears off, but GP alone won't work
imo you should use GP for castable mez only, or for stun if your group is pbaeing

disease isn't that much of a problem anymore because spread heals aren't affected by disease on the target, so using GP for disease is a waste too imo, tho the disease unbreakable snare is kinda evil

oh and afaik GP doesn't give any immunity, so you can be re-mezzed immediately after using it

A

angara-ffs

Most use gp whenever they get stunned or mezzed alone.
Be patient, just wait a few secs with GP and you will see that helps a lot.

From my own experience as playing a druid and we did encouter a balanced group of mids/albs....i just wait untill mezz/stun/dots whatever are casted, then GP and get them :)

K

Kobold

just luv when they insta mez...gets pbaoers rdy...insta stun...pbaoe :rolleyes:

A

Arnor

recently started my RvR career with my druid

and

but to me it seems that vs those mids that know how to play i haven't got a shadow of a chance to save my group no matter how good i perform as a healer =/

My tip to you, as a mid to a hib:

Play more rvr
Trust me, if LA or VGN or IG or CF get the drop on us, when im in a group with random mids we are LUCKY if we get down one or two. Thats why with experience&luck you might get the drop on them, which makes it alot easier.

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by Amadon

disease isn't that much of a problem anymore because spread heals aren't affected by disease on the target, so using GP for disease is a waste too imo, tho the disease unbreakable snare is kinda evil

Disease does half spread heals when the caster of those heals is diseased himself.

Danita

O

oblivion_6

get a voidey to stay a bit behind u then when u first get mezzed he can nearsight and bolt the caster who mezzed and maybe land a gtaoe of at the whole grp to interrupt them all

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Reno
Disease does half spread heals when the caster of those heals is diseased himself.

Danita

disease isn't that much of a problem anymore because spread heals aren't affected by disease on the target
druid should use purge or cure disease if he's diseased, not waste GP on it imo

also, most druids I see are near the back, out of range of the poor fools who rush in first and generally are the targets of disease, stun, mez etc :p

A

angara-ffs

Amadon, lets talk "jumps" :)
Then it will all make sense.

If we jump mids, it isnt needed to work like that.
But i know if NP jump us, i will get Disease, stun, mezz, dots, pets, rabbits and dogs on me :p
So untill i know for sure they are done spamming AOE stuff, ill GP.

Sometimes even for disease....even tho it may look stupid, it saved us in some fights :)

A

Amadon

Originally posted by angara-ffs
Amadon, lets talk "jumps" :)
Then it will all make sense.

If we jump mids, it isnt needed to work like that.
But i know if NP jump us, i will get Disease, stun, mezz, dots, pets, rabbits and dogs on me :p
So untill i know for sure they are done spamming AOE stuff, ill GP.

Sometimes even for disease....even tho it may look stupid, it saved us in some fights :)
goddamnit! how dare you argue with me!
ffs
i'm a n00b eld, ofc i know more about how a druid should be played than you !11!!!!

(that was intended to be a well disguised apology and acceptance of your greater knowledge of the subject matter than myself :p )

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by Tyka
rofl xD

ITS TRUE!!!
Sometimes they have a badger in the size of a Troll....they even named him something like Little WrathofBadgers :/

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by Amadon
goddamnit! how dare you argue with me!
ffs
i'm a n00b eld, ofc i know more about how a druid should be played than you !11!!!!

(that was intended to be a well disguised apology and acceptance of your greater knowledge of the subject matter than myself :p )

In other words......pwned? :rolleyes:
damn elphs :/

O

old.Laryssa

mids are a real pain in the ass - that is why i prefer the albs (if not in zerg formation).

O

old.Tzeentch

mids are a challenge :E

you just gotta hope you have a decent group, any slan mid grp can pose problems.

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
mids are a real pain in the ass - that is why i prefer the albs (if not in zerg formation).

Run into a FG GoL, HB or FC...and beware :)
Nice and decent fights if u ask me....but ur right about the zerg part Lary ;)

D

Divinia

bah the worst thing isnt the 100 amounts of different CC/timers, its the interruption from all the shit imo.

G

Gahldir

imo disease is a underrated spell.

and mids are nasty :)

Users who are viewing this thread