Games dead space

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
o0

o0

o0

looks pretty hot. bit like FEAR in space. check it out here: EA : Dead Space : Language Selector

now I am thinking that I may get it for the PS/3 as it's available on that platform, but also on PC. as it seems to be an FPS of sorts I am more inclined to get it on PC, however perhaps the console is more atmospheric? thoughts? my only niggle is that it's EA so it will need several large patches and then will only maybe work ;/

rynnor

Rockhound
Me Likey! I always feel that space should be a fearfull place - none of this star trek bullshit but really fucking scary like in Alien - its the ultimate hostile environment and literally anything could be out there...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If its as good as Prey then it should be well worth it :) The last game I bought was Bioshock which I'm replaying now.

Chilly

Balls of steel
that website is infuriating. why cant it just be easy to navigate?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
aye, the site sucks balls tbh :/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nearly all flash websites are shit. I want to click a button and get the information. I don't want to click a button that's hidden by an animation with a sound that takes 10 seconds to load only after checking my bandwidth and requesting my age.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be getting this for the PC. I've seen all the trailers and it looks pretty scary!

Direct2Drive are doing it for $50 if you can con them into believing you are american (easy with being able to pay via paypal). That way you get it a bit earlier as well!

Chilly

Balls of steel
whats the bet itl be £50 in the UK ;) Fucking *****.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
This is out tomorrow in the US, and I just tried to buy it from d2d. The order got canceled due to my IP address. Guess I need to find a decent proxy or something.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Can't bloooooooody wait.

Oh and Tom, as good as Prey? It wasn't that good like :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Comics were made recently as a prequel to the game aswell. I'm not normally into comics and what not, but if I bum Dead Space as much as FEAR etc, I might give 'em a read.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks good but my ageing rig prolly isn't up to it. May have to get a job, or something. :(

I'm also loathe to shell out cash on anything that EA releases too...

But but but wrong forum!

Don't get started on that, last time I looked FH was for gamers :p

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
The reviews say its good but the controls for PC are poor, unless you use a XBOX 360 controller. Sounds like a poor port to me so Ill get the PS3 version.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I cant see anything that really looks that great :( I dont know if I'm just being old and grumpy or what but it just looks like it will be overdoing the "strategic dismemberment" gimmick ala red faction geomod syndrome and not really doing alot else.

Fear was scary for me because it made you go into places you really didnt want to be going into, loaded the atmosphere with sounds and little things that caught your eye and lots and lots of darkness - it rarely threw any monsters at you in the scary bits, it was all about the atmosphere and tension.

Granted we havent seen much of this game yet but all of the videos I've seen just look like resident evil in space plus gimmicks. I can only imagine the boss fights = big gory looking things with hundreds of bits to "strategicly dismember" plus set peices.

I know I'm making alot of assumtions based on very little evidence, and I hope I'm wrong, but it just looks bland to me :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Watch a few more videos Dukat, see loads with the dev's explaining how and why etc they're making xx part 'scary'. Let's hope it doesn't turn out as scary as Condemned 2 :eek:

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Glad I have the xbox wireless dongle for my pc then. Useful that I choose an xbox!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom