Dead Enzo

Tom

I am a FH squatter
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=14442

2005112191613_sidoli%204.jpg

2005112191715_sidoli%202.jpg

Oh well, at least he was doing what the car was designed for, and not leaving it in a barn somewhere, or in a glass cabinet filled with Nitrogen.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
What country is that? Can't tell what the language is from the sign.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dommers said:
What country is that? Can't tell what the language is from the sign.

Italy. That's one seriously fucked up motorcar. I guess this is one occasion when speed really did kill:

Socalevo.net said:
"Sunday morning near Milan a 41 years old man died because he lost control of his car."

accident happened at 256km/h ~157mph, as per the enzo's computer that records all speeds much like an airplane's "black box" flight data recorder

there is speculation as to how it actually happened, but some believe that the rear end steped off the pavement and entered a spin, with some tree/telephone pole hitting in there. others suggest something similar, but ground effects were lost quickly after leaving the road, which would mean no downforce at 155mph (as the enzo has no "traditional" downforce devices i.e. wings/spoilers, so once the car is sufficently off the ground there is no downforece created at all) the car would then spin and roll out of control, with periods of flight until friction with the ground brought the car to a stop. however it is unknow if the driver lost control, or the vehicle failed at this time. it looks like to me that the car slid into a tree/pole sideways and hit into the door (note the driver rear quarter panel looks very good considering) theis caused the monocoque to break, because all force was applied directly to the monocoque itself.

the monocoque should have held up, but this is aparently a reoccuring problem in ferraris (at least the newer ones 355, 360, enzo)

the lack of skidmarks lends to the theory that the car was airborne for some while before stopping

despite some debate this IS an enzo, leaving only 398 left in the world

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Oh dear, at least he died doing something he loved.

TBH, i get shit scared doing 100+ :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Another one! In LA this time, and rumour has it that the guy driving was one of the (allegedly dodgy) Gizmondo execs.

pch_enzo_2_1.jpg

pch_enzo_1.jpg

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Don't you have to prove your worth to buy an enzo - like you have to have owned at least two ferrari's prior to that or something.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You have to go to a dealership, slap your knob down on the table and say "i have millions, i want an Enzo".

That's what I did when I bought mine, but I found the Enzo a shite drive, so I bought a BMW. :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Interesting to see how well the crash protection has worked, thats a pretty good design :) Depressing to see another wrecked supercar though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom