de_piranesi

O

old.CsH.Renegade

Is it just me or does this map look like a nightmare to play a clan war on?

I know its a bit early to be judging the map, but i dont think Iam looking forward to seeing it in bwcsl season 5 already!

Everyone go vote for de_dust to be back instead :p

R

RogueOne

I've been playing some piranesi this evening and I couldn't disagree more. It looks like a good, complex tactical map. People always complain about new maps, because they don't know them. We had a lot of complaints about using de_chateau before week 4, but once they'd actually played it properly, most people seemed to like it.

O

old.Dr.Pepper

MawR didn't like de_chateau because we got whooped and whooped bad! :rolleyes:

However I think it's a little early to judge piranesi yet. It does look fantastic and we have got 6+ weeks to get used to it ahead of any match. I'd much rather see this in next season than any of the later de maps like chateau or <shudder> torn....

O

old.drc_lock

OMG.

piranesi is absolutely fscking awsome imo.

been playing it on our server for hours now :) love it.

O

old.amoeba

Its a really good map - for 8v8/10v10.

I do think its just too darn big for 5v5 though, especially with 3 min MR rounds. It will be too hard to defend, and 2 half decent teams will draw 12-12 without having stopped a single detonation....
Still I suppose the tactics could be interesting - send 1 guy to bs A and 4 to bs B, or 1 to each and 3 in the middle as a rapid response team, or just all goto 1 bs and hope you get lucky?

I think it needs some play before DEFINITELY being included next season.

R

RogueOne

Have you tried the map in a match yet? CTs can be at either of the BAs well ahead of the Ts and have some good defensive positions, so Ts don't get any easy plants. Besides, all new maps seem big at first until you get to know them. I've timed some of the routes on Piranesi and it's by no means the biggest map in the game.

O

old.Morlok

Played a 6v6 CO match on piranesi last night. Yes its complicated at first glance but it played pretty evenly, perhaps a little biased towards the Ts but no more then any other DE map.

I would be happy playing this in season 5. IMHO dust is sooo long in the tooth it needs booting and if piranesi is its replacement then thats cool. Won't happen but thats CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom