de_foption - Take out?

E

Embattle

This map should be taken out as there is a bit of an annoying bug in it atm ;)

O

old.Kurt_Angle

How about taking the map out full stop, it's a BS halflife dm map, the early CS indoor maps like biohazzard and facilty were much better;)

E

Embattle

I've mailed SAS about it since I think its just a good idea to remove it, for now at least.

7ths0n

The one with the er.. erm.... um.... its like a.. er.... factory ?... power plant type thingy... pretty poop if y ask me.

O

old.bee

I think its the complex with the nuke missile in the centre?

The bug is that if a CT pressed the "zap" button near the end of the round all the terrorists would get "zapped" in the next round...quite funny to look at tho :)

apart from that the map is quite good

O

old.[IAM]Hmmm

Bit of a pain in the ass - off off off off off!!!!

O

Ono

Hello Hmmm

I haven't actually played foption online yet!!

I think that Beta 7.1 did something to it though.

If anything we should BRING BACK IRAQ!!

G

Grom

I quite like foption actually, for some reason.

Better than sodding oilrig and 747 anyway...

[MPC]Grom

G

Grom

Oh god, and highrise.

Those three maps cause me to leave the server instantly ;) Well, 747 is ok in small doses I suppose. The new aztec is terribly laggy and badly made :/

I think 7.1 foption no longer has the zappo button.

[MPC]Grom

E

Embattle

747 is very good if played right.

I noticed on the patch update that it installs foption again so have they fixed the original problem?

O

old.[U.K.C]Kaos

I hate to see OilRig lumped with 747 and HighRise, since OilRig is quite a good map, if played well it can be most entertaining, from either side, which I think is what makes a good map. If I do not want to play one side or the other on a map I think it indicates poor map design.

Now 747 and Highrise are both pretty bad, I was unpleasently surprised that 747 was still in b7 thought it might have got the boot along with Trinity.

These are both maps that I hate to have to play CT on, too few options, and by far to campable.

Foption I played only recently and then not for too long, from the whinging of the T's I think they have a poor start position, but other then that it seemed your usual kinda bomb map.

O

old.ED209

foption has been sorted out.i still dont understand why goose added office.which is just like a DOOM map, its so linear and gives Ts extreme cases of paranoia.CTs enter it in a matter of seconds,not giving Ts a chnace to get ready its shite

E

Embattle

The only way Ts can win is by camping in the back room with two doors. You tak the hossies in there and have one person covering each door from behind the desk and then have maybe 1/2 players in the same room on clear up duty :)

O

old.jobbie

Poor Embattle

This is a great map, u lot are slagging it off without even playing it properly, give it a chance ffs !!!

it just looks complex because u dont know the map,

Bet most of u who are slagging it iff like assault and always go terror :(

Give the map a chance, it is one the more balanced maps.

My opinion is out of all the maps drop ASSAULT
i hated siege to but now with the apc it is more evenly balanced.

SAS dont drop Foption please

if he does ill be after you Embattle, ill follow u around on every server u go :)))

E

Embattle

No I'm for keeping it in now they've fixed the electric bug :p

E

ECA

Oh no you dont call this a bug

I for one thought the electric shock was gr8.
It meant the T's couldnt camp and bore the crap out of the Ct's into coming and getting slaughtered.
Now its gone i see a whole lot more T spawn camping.
I for one love this map because the arses(which are many) who cant be bothered learning a slightly more complex map get 0wned and i get kills.
Put up or Shut up as the saying goes.
If the electric thing was a bug i would say the map makers were blind.
If you read the CS forums people whinged because they like camping spawns so much.
Oh and if you think you can do better than de_foption i challenge you to make a map and get it included in Beta 8.
My $56 cents.
Cheers
Gryff

E

Embattle

Hmm you have failed to read posts. The bit that was a bug was the ability to fry the terrors before they even had the chance to move.

S

stu

There's another "bug" in foption, but I don't think it can be fixed.

Am I the only person that used to like Riverside?

Thinking about it, there have been absolutely LOADS of maps taken out haven't there. The entire "escape" mode seems to have been killed as well (probably best, as it was a bit cack).

I love Office as well. And I always play as Terrorist, coz I like a challenge. Yeah it feels very DooM'y, but I loved D2 so that's ok :)

If you want to get rid of a shite map, bin Tundra (no doubt someone will tell me it has been binned in the latest ver...)

S

stu

Incidentally, I had a fantastic idea for a CS map, which would work really well. Got absolutely no mapping experience at all, was going to work with one of my mates on it (who is superb at it) but not had the chance really. I can supply absolutely comprehensive instructions on how the map would look, the size of the rooms, blueprints for the entire thing, etc... just need someone to turn it into a map. Any CS mappers out there fancy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom