Day that started well and ended a bit worse.

S

SFXman

Woohoo, first of all the school day was fine, beach was cool but hten as I started to watch a movie on TV and wanted some grub I went downstairs to make some sandwiches. I end up cutting my index finger down to the bone and having to get 4 stitches on my FINGER, 4 stitches on a finger.... heh :D
Man, there is some sort of weird thing that when you get hurt bad like this you don't feel anything when it happens and I couldn't stop laughing as they applied the stitches.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Furtheron you shalt be known as: Sire Butterfingers. *crowd cheers*

O

old.Gombur Glodson

of course you couldnt stop laughing you were high from smoking crack in the sauna

S

SFXman

No illegal substances in this case but you know there is some system that starts up when something like this happens. I remember reading/hearing about it somewhere.

N

Nala Lionne

Did it look impressively cool? :)

Oh ... hope it heals up soon :D Was it on your writing hand or not? (VERY important if you are still at school!)

S

SFXman

God...DAMNIT it is on my left hand so I can still write :)

But damn it was NASTY, when I got it... out of curiosity I had to see how deep it was by lifting up the skin and holy crap I could begin to faintly see the bone :eek:
Spooky.

O

osy

It's just amazing... some people would do anything for pie...

G

gengi

Endorphins

SFXman No illegal substances in this case but you know there is some system that starts up when something like this happens. I remember reading/hearing about it somewhere.

Endorphins the bodies natural chemicals, come out during times of high emotion, stress, joy etc. Probably linked to the basic flight or fight instinct.

Was that what you were looking for ?

Later
Gengee

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Good God.. he crippled himself to get high on endorphines... :(

Hehe

O

old.Gombur Glodson

it was God's way of trying to prevent him from spamming.
He'll get you next time!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Reminds me a bit of the movie "Final Destination"... Fate wants to disable SFX's spamming abilities...

What will be next? He accidently falls hands first into a weedwhacker? ...lol:)

K

klavrynd

i remember watching the bus scene 50 times in a row

god that was funny

O

old.Gombur Glodson

sick f*ck

here's a silly dancing bear to make us feel better
2inbear.jpg

K

klavrynd

your silly insults can't touch me

i am immume!! hahahahaha

<gets out the divx and watched that scene again>

step ... smush
step ... smush
step ... smush
step ... smush

S

SFXman

Time for some nice pictures taken today, around maybe 30-35 hours after the stitching:
finger1.jpg

finger2.jpg

F

Flimgoblin

ewwww no need

ouch!...

get well soon and all that...

S

SFXman

The only thing that sucks is that I can't go swim and do crazy jumps off diving boards with my friends FFS.

K

klavrynd

swimming and do crazy jumps dont make you a forum deity

prioritize!

N

Nala Lionne

Of course you've seen worse, but .... SFX was only trying to make a sandwhich, not do a triple backflip from a motorbike while flying over 10 double deck buses through 15 rings of fire.

Or something.

Hmm, why do you use such a sharp knife for making sandwhiches? Do finns use rockbread or summit? :eek:

S

SFXman

First of all, banged up is an enourmously digusting website.
Originally posted by Nala Lionne
Of course you've seen worse, but .... SFX was only trying to make a sandwhich, not do a triple backflip from a motorbike while flying over 10 double deck buses through 15 rings of fire.

Or something.

Hmm, why do you use such a sharp knife for making sandwhiches? Do finns use rockbread or summit? :eek:
Hehe, yeah well it's not like human flesh is very tough :rolleyes:
How dull of a knife do you use then :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

For a change I agree with SFX, KFC, McD...

Banged up is yet another proof that the Internet is a haven for the mentally ill...

W

wolvon fury

Reminds me of 4 years ago, When i choped off 3 of my fingers untill they were, "Hanging off"

And was on my left hand aswell, Take it we use are right hands when using a Knife:D

Dident really hurt, was in that much shock to know what the hell was going on, Still have the scars on my Fingers, to remind me of that stupid Epic in my life....:puke:

O

old.tRoG

hmmm... probably the worst injury i've had would be when i was a kid and played the chanter (kind of like a bagpipe without the bag for you non scots) - i was playing a bonny tune for mah daddeh when i smacked the chanter of the kitchen table.

it went up. and kept on going up. through the roof of my mouth :)

i was spewing blood like some pregant woman and couldnt eat solid food for a few weeks. (imagine some pie going up a hole in the roof of your mouth, to be stuck somewhere behind your nose for the rest of eterniy. sure it might bring the joyous smell of pie to you every day, but the doctor types won't like you)

i presume everyone has cracked their head open at least once, thats the most common cool injury ever :)

mine was just above the hairline above my left eye and goes across and back about 1 and a half inches.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Holy shit, Tr0G... :(
But the head injury explains a lot:)

Worst thing I've ever seen was in the army a few years ago.

The german G-3 assault rifle lacks a deflector which, yes - you guessed correctly, deflects the empty bullet casing after you shot... so it won't hit you in the eye...

So every rifle has a little metal plate welded to it, to prevent the empty (quite hot..) casing to hit vital parts of your face.

Well, we were at the rifle range, when some unfortunate individual had his weally, weally unlucky day of life.

For some reason the empty casing bounced of something and flew right back into his face like a boomerang.

First he didn't move at all... then started rubbing his eye... than turned around started screaming. The freaking bullet casing was half jammed into his right eyesocket ...

I felt really sick that day... was quite the sight (excuse the pun).

S

SFXman

That's pretty damn bad tRoG :eek:

Sickofit, that must have looked extremely nasty!

Man... just a few days ago a 10 year old kid in Finland got his arm chopped off from the shoulder down by the rotor of a boat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom