Day 1 on the the coming PvP server

O

old.Stang

It will be quiet on the normal servers. The low lvl areas will be camped as hell. Ppl start to powerleveling as crazy ones. You will receive a lot of messages with the text: You want to join my guild? Real life friends will have an advantage in leveling. After a few hours the first "different realm" players will arrive. The first pk deads will occur. Solo players will have a hard time. Players get frustrating by pk/exp deads. More languages then English will appear. Some ppl will return to the normal servers. A lot of misunderstanding between several groups on the same exp spot will give a lot of frustration. Some ppl will keep playing night and day to get an advantage to other players. Ppl will fight for drops. Some higher lvl players will ruin the fun for the lower ones.

Welcome to the first day in hell.

A

Alrindel

Maybe you didn't get the e-mail, but GOA will NOT be going around to all the european DAoC subscribers' homes and forcing them to play PvP at gunpoint. As for "welcome to hell," I think Sartre would concur.

See you there!

S

SilverHood

I know of several guilds who plan on making 8 man groups and getting to 50 in less than a week

Personally, I think the PvP server will favour those in big guilds, so expect to see 1 or 2 guilds dominating

Personally, I think it will be good for the regular servers... less morons :D

bring on PvP

O

old.Biffsmash

1-50 in less than a week? Surely this cant be done? The high levels surely take too long?

Please tell me this isn't possible :(

The PVP server surely will be an eliteist place to be, but I am sure there will still be decent people around, who will help others level up etc (i hope).

I doubt I will be on there more than a few mins to mess about from time to time :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Ha... just wait until the "Barrysworld Forumites" appear in force...:D

And it is possible to take down a level50 with a band of grays.
They are not invincible anymore post 1.52.

S

SilverHood

Solo, I can get to 20 (gove or take a level) in about 1 days playtime

IF you're in a group of 8, with the right classes, etc, lvl 50 shouldn't be that hard

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Getting to 50 in a week proves one thing: you have no life and take games way to serious...

I pity those kind of people.

M

Mr TNT

someone in US made 1-50 in less then /play time 3 days

O

old.Biffsmash

Ok well /play time is a completely different matter :p

I thought it was meant, start monday, by sunday you are level 50 :D

And yes, it's way too quick :p

S

SilverHood

that is hwat they ment

Start monday, be lvl 50 by sunday, if not before

E

Edaudric

Not true!

Today I was in Darkness Falls right after Albion reclaimed it.
I, a level 23 Paladin met a 50 Hero or Champion (don't know wich, but he had an epic scale armor). We bowed and saluted eachothers respecting the level difference. Though, when he began to attack other realm members of mine I of course got killed trying to help them :)

By the way, this was in reply to thread starter.

O

old.Biffsmash

-------------------------------
SilverHood
Talks too much!

that is hwat they ment

Start monday, be lvl 50 by sunday, if not before
-------------------------------

Well I am sorry then, but I also think they have no life and take games way to serious, to be able to do that :p

I just couldnt stay at the keyboard long enough :)

C

Cerverloc

Hell is my home. PVP HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

old.LandShark

The initial rush is going to be gigantic, certainly; server problems will be the order of the day (think back to the packet-loss in DF on the day it opened) and no doubt a lot of people will give up right from the start. No doubt there will be a lot of snideness directed at the early powerlevellers, and as you say there will almost certainly be mass misunderstandings caused by the german/french populations mixing with the scandinavian/spanish/english/etc-ish Excal/pryd populations.
But, hey. It'll calm down eventually.
Sorting out a guild or even just a single regular exp group will no doubt be a great advantage, compared to just logging on, rolling your flavour-of-the-month enchanter and LFG :p

O

old.Khain

What would be the point in getting to lvl 50 in a week they would be the only group at that lvl for some times. they could not get a kill for ages after cos you dont get any (thats 0) for killing grays.

7 days would be a hell of a hard pust to ding 50, when their is not realy a reason to do it.

O

old.Khain

thats if thay can even get on the server 3.5K of ppl allowed on this includes all the server. so its going to be like beta trying to get onto the servers :(

S

Sigurd Volsung

Anyone know when it is coming, or if a pre-sign up is required?

S

Sarnat

It will come once 1.52 arrives, but maybe not on the exact patch day.

No pre-sign up will be needed.

--

If you can maintain a balanced 8 man PBAE group for lets say 16h per day, you CAN perhaps do it in a week. Honestly I really doubt anyone can assemble that kind of bunch, even though there are people who'd be ready to do that to rule on the PvP server.

It took maybe 3 weeks or something for the 1st L50s appear on Mordred I think. Will take about as long or maybe a week longer, depending how organized the levelling groups/guilds will be.

--

Personally I'll probably make an alb char, maybe armsman just to try it out, definetly not on the 1st day of PvP. Just to test it out and stuff.

J

Jexa

The thing you aren't considering is more than one group working together, if you have 3 good groups xping together, you will always be taking harder mobs than others, so will not get camped spots, and you will xp dead fast if you have the right balance.

S

SilverHood

hmm, a guildie of mine made lvl 40-50 in 3-4 days.... of course, he has no life (well, only part time RL)

If you can get to 40 in 3 days of almost solid playtime, then 50 shouldn't be a problem

and who said anything about killing players?

There's plenty of mobs in DAoC

Imagine doing a 16 man group at Malmohus in midgard.... start of at the easy spots, work your way in to lair as people level...

I'm sure it could be done from around lvl 35ish... it's around a bubble an hour for me at 47, maybe a bit less if pulls are slow

the possibilites....

:D

O

old.tRoG

lol, like anyone will ever be in malmo... not only is it hard to get in, it's the gloomiest place you can ever go. ever.

and hibbie PBAOE groups at the fins will give better xp anyway :p

how about on the first day everyone on the server tries to zerg the dragons with thier lvl 10s? :)

bwaha!

I haven't updated the forumites site for ages.. better get round to it today :)

O

old.Prof

Conquest, Andreds uber guild, had their first lvl 50 about 1 week and 5 days after the server went life, this being afaik the fastest lvl 50 in DAoC history.

This must translate to not much more then one week /played (mebbe around 10 days /played), however I don't see many ppl repeating this, especially in a harsh PvP environment which usually seriously slows down lvling.

Biggest problem initially will be indeed simply getting on the server - one PvP server won't be enough. I remember Andred hit the max limit like 1-2 hours after it went life. Good luck getting in past that :p

O

old.Krypt0r

fffff

While were talking about Conquest there a pain in the ass :(

PBAOE all of lyon groups, pbaoe pgymy groups, rinse repete :)

F

Flimgoblin

hrm.. brings a new meaning to the 'pbaoe group' - pbaoe the other group :)

O

old.Krypt0r

And, dont even think about starting pvp a week after its been out... life is hell for a low lvl when others are high.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.tRoG
I haven't updated the forumites site for ages.. better get round to it today :)

goods idea. you can add my nick to the class nicks then :p

Soulcatcher Taken, like my Pryd healer :clap:

T

tornak

dont have a clue how this PvP works but shoulnt u hit anybody u like, so whos gona be the tank that allways die when chanter comes to PBAOE. like i said dont know, is there some rule that u dont hit your grp members?

O

old.Krypt0r

You cant hurt guild or group members, the nice thing is if u get pissed at someone in malmo, disband and take ur rage out on em :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom