Darness Rising Mounts!??

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi guys, just a quick question really...
I was thinking about the new mounts in Darkness Rising and wondered wether they were bought and if so how much, or wether you have to do a quest for them?

How do you get them armoured up? Is it bought armour or quests again where you get them fitted out?

Can every realm get the same mounts? ie. Nightmares for a Midgard, Unicorns for Albion etc? or is it class percific?

Anymore info that anyone has on this matter would be appreciated please ;)
Regards.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
1p for advanced mount
15p + quest for the uber ones that glow etc.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
I better start saving 15P then if thats the case :)

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
What about the different mounts though?
I mean... what can an Avalonian Sorc get for example? Only Unicorn?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:
What about the different mounts though?
I mean... what can an Avalonian Sorc get for example? Only Unicorn?
Everyone can get the same set of mounts. There is only a difference between Realms, and it's a purely cosmetic one I believe.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Everyone can get the same set of mounts. There is only a difference between Realms, and it's a purely cosmetic one I believe.

sshot002.jpg

This is the basic horse you can buy with 1 plat when you get DR,Armour and saddling and co needs CL levels but since you can't start them before 50 horse is kinda naked.

And yes it's only realm wise and cosmetic one,both the 1 plat horse and 15 plat horse move on same speed.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i heard that DR mounts move a bit faster than normal mounts, could be wrong tho

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
And yes it's only realm wise and cosmetic one,both the 1 plat horse and 15 plat horse move on same speed.

The visual differences (like armour on the "Epic" mounts) are purely cosmetic but the non-DR and DR mounts do move at different speed. From what Jeff Hickman said at the Monde du Jeu:

Basic DR mounts are available to all (even if you don't have DR expansino) at level 35, you can't customise them, they move roughly 35% faster than you run and you can't go into the NF zones with them. They cost 1p.

DR mounts are available to all those who have the DR expansion at level 45. The mount itself will always have the same "stats" but as you go up through your champion levels you'll have access to other mounts and unique armour/saddle effects etc. These mounts go roughly 45% faster than normal speed and can be used inside the NF zones (though you can't actually use them to "RvR" as as soon as you try and attack someone (or are attacked) then your mount vanishes). They cost between 1p and 15p.

Think that's about right.... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the basic "free" horse (i.e. no expansion required) is only 250g, but otherwise wot he said above.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Anyone got any info on how hard it is to PA someone travelling on a horse? (yea i read the bit about dismounting them and apparently nightshades get a new mine or something to unsteed someone) but are there any known line of sight issues etc?

just wondering.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tis slightly slower than caster speed and I'm not sure where you count as being "in range" for the PA so might have to time slightly differently (i.e. can you PA the front of the horse or is it at the middle).

I'm sure everyone will adapt quick enough though :) best thing is: no more running around the sodding frontier on tankspeed! yay!

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
does the minstrel/sorc/theurg what evaah speed effect the horses?
so you can travel at mach 10 with the expansion? :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Rellik said:
does the minstrel/sorc/theurg what evaah speed effect the horses?
so you can travel at mach 10 with the expansion? :p

speed overwrites the horse speed (if it's faster).

i.e. if you have a minstrel with you and are on a horse you still go minstrel speed.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
speed overwrites the horse speed (if it's faster).

i.e. if you have a minstrel with you and are on a horse you still go minstrel speed.
still cool that you can use your horses in a FG then, even tho it dosent make any diffrence :p

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Altho i assume you have to get off your horse to start fighting.. So if you got a instrument user, using a horse might not be the smartest. But who knows, maybe it just disapears as soon as you hit attack or smth.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
But who knows, maybe it just disapears as soon as you hit attack or smth.

That's how it goes,you do absolutely anything to player you get dismounted,same goes if you get attacked.

Only problem is with stealthers since you can't stealth on horse but have to dismount once,causing a bit delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom