Darkness Rising at Amazon....Please be a mistake!!

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh...i know....have ordered 1 x copy from play.com (3 Feb) and may DL one too....just couldn't believe Amazon were so far out after the fiasco with Cata

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
as its been said loads of times before.... UKs retailers release new games on friday... why? just because they do. Nothing more or nothing less

Thats why GoA made it available via download

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
what a surprise, nobody knows when its coming out, just like cata...

A

Aoln

They haven't got it wrong, they just factored in how long the servers will be down etc ;)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
DR isn't even for sale in Holland (atleast not on all the sites I used to order previous expansions).
So be glad you can actually get it as the only option for me is (I guess) to just download it.

Swedishwolf

One of Freddy's beloved
DR wont be availble in the stores until 2 feb in sweden seems like if you want to play it on the 1st you have to buy it online.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
lol quite intresting.
I work for GAME. I left an email at our allocation department a few weeks ago to ask why DR hadn't been listed on our pre-order sheet that we get every week. I get a phone call the following day telling me that the release date had been put back to march.. just said.. oh ok.. and left it at that.

Pm'ed requiel about this a few days ago and he told me that he wasn't sure where they got the info that it had been put back to march, but it would be deffo out on 1st feb.

I'm guessing then amazon and our company are getting the info from the same sources then - goa marketing department? I dunno.. intresting.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Swedishwolf said:
DR wont be availble in the stores until 2 feb in sweden seems like if you want to play it on the 1st you have to buy it online.

Yep :/

I just dont understand why its so damn hard to get the release dates right. So far only catacombs has had the correct release day in sweden (and then only in a webshop and not in retail stores where i live) - both SI and ToA we had to phone around tons until we found a store that was willing to sell to us when we beged them and then only "under the desk" as they couldnt register the purchase until later etc.

Looks like no box for me for this one, since i want to be able to enjoy it on the release day.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
just patch to us, yes you will have to repatch abit when DR is out but will get the game now and just need patch and nothing else.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
After the problems faced with nearly all the previous expansions, it's nice to know that we can activate the expansion online instead of having to deal with all this release day crap.

From what I can remember:

Release day - UK got delayed by 2 weeks, however we did get it on the rescheduled date without problems.
Shrouded Isles - Go into GAME and insist they phone up the head office to get authorisation to sell the game early. From what I can remember people sent emails to GAME and their managers decided to release it on Wednesday.
Trials of Atlantis - Some managed to get it on the Friday, but delivery problems were quite common.
Catacombs - GAME decides to postpone the launch! Luckily GOA managed to sort out online keys for people to activate and download the game for the UK Friday launch.

All I ever wanted was to play on Wednesday - the same day as the French/German players usually managed to get their expansion. The online license will allow anyone to do that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yep, doesnt really matter this time around, just hope the goa site doesnt go boom on the day due to the amount of usage, which is why they should be selling the CD keys now, not start on release day. not as if we can actually do anything with them until they boot the servers anyway.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Swedishwolf said:

Webhallen will have it on feb 1
So will software express.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
maybe the question should be: why can't goa set the release date for a friday so there is no conflict.

patch to the latest version weds and release on friday, wouldn't that work better?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:

Got a mail today that said feb 1 after my pre-order

Webhallen said:
Dark Age of Camelot - Darkness Rising - [PC] [2006-02-01] 2 st á 149 kr

Ordernummer: xxxxxx
Fraktsätt: Hämta i butik, Sveavägen 39
Pris och datum är preliminära och kan komma att ändras på förbokade produkter.
Så snart din order är klar att hämtas kommer vi skicka ett mail till dig.

Total summa: 298 kr
Varav moms: 60 kr

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
am I missing something... when I click on the link in the original post it says

This item will be released on February 3, 2006. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when we receive it from our supplier. Please note that release dates are subject to change.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
am I missing something... when I click on the link in the original post it says

They must have changed it recently because when i looked last week it said indeed March 06.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom