Darkness Falls, the rampaging Inquisitor and stupid people.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
This is a call to all the stupid people who try to run from the wandering inquisitor, you will die, so don't run.

So many people try to run to merchants, the worst offenders being casters / mincers , Please stand and die, you are disrupting the exping / farming of many others, by dragging the inquisitor into thier paths

One person, I won't mention the name, just tried to run up from alb crossroads and managed to kill at least 20 people after he died.

Stand and die, or type /quit and hope you get out in time. JUST NEVER EVER RUN.

DS.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, that's a nice mental image.. 20 people dying..

However, if he's following the person who aggroed him, he will only attack that person and his/her group. So those 20 people must've added themselves to the mob's hatelist by attacking it, or helping the mob's primary target.

However, no-one expects the spanish inquisition. I don't know if that particular mob follows the same rules as any other mob.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Or you can watch out and stop PBAE'ing for 2 secs when the person passes.
Also it's entirely easy to get to the entrance when an inquisitor is attacking you, I've done it in the past a few time with my Cleric and a minstrel on mach5 will probably outrun it anyway (or SoS for that matter).

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
However, if he's following the person who aggroed him, he will only attack that person and his/her group. So those 20 people must've added themselves to the mob's hatelist by attacking it, or helping the mob's primary target.

Heh thats so wrong... he will agro any1 near him after he kills the 1st guy/gal.
Think hes bugged which is why he wanders around in 1st place and has such a huge god damn agro range.... when was on me pally i was right in the corner of diamond mobs fighitng a succubus and he strolled down the other side and the agro'd me.... this is 1st time i met him so i slam'd hit end and started sprinting.... he caught me up at x-roads slaughtered me and then killed every1 esle who was near... none of which helped me as all wer lvl 30-40s busy fighting their own mobs.
when he was finished wit them he started walkin bck down and met another 50 coming up to rez i think and agro and slaughterd her to.

he will agro any1 in a v large range. so yep if he agro's u take it and die or whtever jsut dont drag him up to the rest of ur realmies... however if mids or hibs are about :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Still remember when my newly dinged 50 warrior in lubley epic got to save people from the terrible Ukobat rampaging around xroads :) Was proud for days after ^^

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if yer in the middle it's probably a better idea to run for the center portal ;)

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
or if your a paladin kill him :p paladins can squish anything :)

was just about to say the same thing. he is easy to kill.

This is the same example ive seen in AC plenty of times, ppl aggro those xanxiar guards, then run to entrance ending up killing 40expers, until me and a couple of others acctually started to work together killing them

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
A more noble and prifitable idea would be for those 20 expers rather than stand there clucking like pidgeons, going "lookatthetoonlookatthetoon", actually gather the courage to take him on, and help your fellow realm mate in times of need.

Sorry, maybe thats too easy.:sex:

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Deerstalker said:
This is a call to all the stupid people who try to run from the wandering inquisitor, you will die, so don't run.

So many people try to run to merchants, the worst offenders being casters / mincers , Please stand and die, you are disrupting the exping / farming of many others, by dragging the inquisitor into thier paths

One person, I won't mention the name, just tried to run up from alb crossroads and managed to kill at least 20 people after he died.

DS.

Aye I can agree with this, I tried DF with my scout the other day, didnt know they put an inqui up there and got him agro'ing me while i was killing a shredder :( I didnt run 'as such' but backed up to within sight of the x-roads to see if i could get some help, didnt work though.

It is near impossible to run from him, and if you do manage it you bring down alot of other people, the lvl of people who exp at the x-roards isnt high enough to deal with him so imo its better to 'take one for the realm' ;) and wait for a ress, not hard to come by in DF

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry - I was guilty yesterday, but I'd not met him before.

Fixed in 1.71 one, though, according to the patch notes.

Dyllin

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Lakashnik said:
Heh thats so wrong... he will agro any1 near him after he kills the 1st guy/gal.
Think hes bugged which is why he wanders around in 1st place and has such a huge god damn agro range.... when was on me pally i was right in the corner of diamond mobs fighitng a succubus and he strolled down the other side and the agro'd me.... this is 1st time i met him so i slam'd hit end and started sprinting.... he caught me up at x-roads slaughtered me and then killed every1 esle who was near... none of which helped me as all wer lvl 30-40s busy fighting their own mobs.
when he was finished wit them he started walkin bck down and met another 50 coming up to rez i think and agro and slaughterd her to.

he will agro any1 in a v large range. so yep if he agro's u take it and die or whtever jsut dont drag him up to the rest of ur realmies... however if mids or hibs are about :p

As I said, I don't know if that specific mob uses the same 'AI Code'/ruleset as the other mobs. Looks like it's fixed in this patch.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
As I said, I don't know if that specific mob uses the same 'AI Code'/ruleset as the other mobs. Looks like it's fixed in this patch.

Lets hope so, as far as I can tell it's supposed to be one of the guards for the alb prince, but he's positioned wrongly and drops into the worm pit, his AI makes him walk back to his starting spot ( which is to drop into the worm pit ) because he's a guard, he has agro radius even when walking, this is what makes him go bezerk.

Thinking about it now, there are a lot of other mobs that have the same pathing problems in df, Young necromancers walking down to legion, plated fiends and the like all pathing on the same route. lets hope it is fixed.

DS

Evul

Fledgling Freddie
Deerstalker said:

DS.

on Camlann I got out using SoS and then speed5 and sprint... so minstrels can

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Kelio said:
was just about to say the same thing. he is easy to kill.

This is the same example ive seen in AC plenty of times, ppl aggro those xanxiar guards, then run to entrance ending up killing 40expers, until me and a couple of others acctually started to work together killing them

nah i aggrod Xanicar guards on purpose to drag them into newbs to kill em.. was very funny to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom