Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Now available to pre-order on steam :p release is 24th of August, can't wait for some PC play/explore the new areas etc.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
shall be getting this, saves fighting for the tv

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye, I stopped playing it on the xbox 360 when I heard they were making it for the PC, never did finish it (think the furthest I got to was the giant white wolf boss)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Tbh from everything I've read the pc version is :(

30fps max frame rate, straight bare minimum console port w/ GFWL providing networking.
No graphics quality increase, and a bunch of other nonsense.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

30fps max frame rate, straight bare minimum console port w/ GFWL providing networking.

bound to be a way you can mod it to get higher frame rate tbh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
bound to be a way you can mod it to get higher frame rate tbh

Not necessarily. They themselves said they have no experience in porting it and that it would suck as much as on the console, so i'm doubtful on the ways it can be tweaked, especially since it's an online game.

Yaka

Part of the furniture

aside from the networking via gfwl i dont see any issues with the other stuff. as it is on 360 and ps3 the game looks stunning also wouldnt worry about limiting to 30fps tho im sure that can and prolly will be worked round.

Aada

Part of the furniture
30fps is fine for this game however it will drop in certain areas but for the most part it's fine.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Any word on what co op is like on the PC version ?

Not played the console version but keen for a decent RPG, especially if it lets me play it with mates - but heard the console version was nigh-impossible to meet up with specific players ?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Awesome, anybody got this? It's my next purchase. Sounds brutal hard, yeah? Apparently its a poor port, but I think the developers said all along thats all it would be, just with new areas etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
wtf is GFWL

edit, ah games for windows live. fuck that shit.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
mouse controls are an actual bitch with this, btw. Makes having an xbox controller pretty much required for the game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
been playing this to death since release/between gw2 >< level 350 now and its going soooo slow to get 1 level up, think the max level is 700 or some shit so half way there atleast!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just started playing this again, any tips on a melee/str build? i have completely forgot how to play this and i also forgot how brutally fucking hard it is :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
hmm tips yea keep your shield up :p always lol, also i'd go 13 str 15 dex I think it is first and run through the graveyard at the start and pick up the winged spear, its fucking awesome weapon until you get a better one, well worth it because you can thrust while you keep your shield up.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
long term it doesnt matter per say as max lvl is 700 or so and you can more or less max everything out :p personally I stuck with the winged spear for a v long time and got my hp/endurance up (more end more blocking) once I started getting hold of better gear I started upping my str more, I think I took dex to a max of 18 or so to start with as thats when you can one of the decent bows you will find once you get to that garden like place (which i cant remember the name of)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ah right cheers, winged spear is awesome.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Gargoyles halberd is a awesome weapon too if you are lucky to get it from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom