dark sm/rm whats the difference?

Eragan

Fledgling Freddie
dark sm/rm whats the difference?? that sm have a pet? and rm supp form blade turn?

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Dark RM = dd, AE dd, dmg add, green nearsight
Dark SM = lifetap, ae mezz, d/q ae debuff, pet, resist debuffs (not worth mentioning tbh)

Eragan

Fledgling Freddie
wich clss would you advice me to create? and why?

Eragan

Fledgling Freddie
think it will be a dark sm then. great for NF.... tried rm but it wasnt so fun, hope sm is funnier

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
Dark RM = higher damage DD, dd w/resist decrease, Speed, bolt, AE dd, Nearsight (if u spec some in sup)

Dark SM = good damage lifetap(but not as good as dark runie :p), intercepting pet, mez, pboae mez, AE mez, debuffs

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Eragan said:
think it will be a dark sm then. great for NF.... tried rm but it wasnt so fun, hope sm is funnier
I'm curious as to why you feel a dark SM is better than a dark RM for NF?

Edit: took away my arguments as you should pick what you want to play, not what would be most über in the eyes of lesser beings.

Eragan

Fledgling Freddie
i didnt say sm was better, just that it prob was funnier, bah i have such a hard time to decied :p

Eragan

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, but after i made them then i cant decied if i should play the sm or the rm :p

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Doh, which ever floats your boat more. SM has more utility and RM is all about damage. Simple.

Intercepting pet alone is a huge +++++++++

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Sm will live longer cuz of the lifetap, and living is more fun:p

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Specc supp on the SM while you level and it will go faster to level the SM to.. then respec to Dark at 50 if you want.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Sm will live longer cuz of the lifetap, and living is more fun:p
SM live longer because of intercept, not because of the LT... :p

But a Dark sm with moc and purge is just nasty :)

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Its possible to go to keep takes solo as a Dark SM and survive for a long period of time.
If you get DoT'ed just target the nearest enemy pet and suck yourself back to life ... Saved my life more times than I can count :)

A solo RM would die more often I think

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
pet classes rocks. beated up an infil pretty bad once. he managed to hit me on 4th style i think :) thats good intercept pet :fluffle:

now. think of me being an RM :rolleyes:

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
imo SM is easymode :p

its an overpowered class, that yeh, u should start :)

U have it all, u have a lifetap u can cast on a 2.5 sec timer which gives u a cast time on 1second if u have a good gear and RA's.
The lifetap is 199delve, the runies are 219 (2.8sec cast time). A runie will kill a target fully buffed with cold about 2.3 seconds faster than u will kill it, maybe a little faster. But as a SM u have the intercepting pet, and the dex debuff which is pretty hard for another caster and for tank types and seers etc. The pet can intercept vs tanks and can interupt vs casters, so its pretty nice to have. a SM can easy do quickcast pbae mez on stealtrhers that jump u, while runies have to qc root when they might run through and fuck up for you.

anyway, cant be arsed to explain more, but SMs are overpowered its easy to play compared to runemasters imo (yehyeh flame flame all u want)

Runies have speed, so its funnier to play solo.. nothing more.. oh yeh, we have bolts aswell, that miss alot etc! =)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Indrid said:
imo SM is easymode :p

its an overpowered class, that yeh, u should start :)

U have it all, u have a lifetap u can cast on a 2.5 sec timer which gives u a cast time on 1second if u have a good gear and RA's.
The lifetap is 199delve, the runies are 219 (2.8sec cast time). A runie will kill a target fully buffed with cold about 2.3 seconds faster than u will kill it, maybe a little faster. But as a SM u have the intercepting pet, and the dex debuff which is pretty hard for another caster and for tank types and seers etc. The pet can intercept vs tanks and can interupt vs casters, so its pretty nice to have. a SM can easy do quickcast pbae mez on stealtrhers that jump u, while runies have to qc root when they might run through and fuck up for you.

anyway, cant be arsed to explain more, but SMs are overpowered its easy to play compared to runemasters imo (yehyeh flame flame all u want)

Runies have speed, so its funnier to play solo.. nothing more.. oh yeh, we have bolts aswell, that miss alot etc! =)

Kind of agree here tbh, mabey be not overpowered but very nice indeed^^

havent really played my rm after toa, but i would guess resist pierce would make dark a very nice spec even without a debuffer. Speed wraps and brittler guards would rock for soloing :)

Guess ill have to fix some decent toa for rm and do some ml's it just takes so damm long time.... /:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
no doubt sm is better solo, but more fun if sm + rm duo ! :E

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
We have experimented with a supp rm + dark sm in grp versus stajijijijiounspellablenicks grp and we killed them without a death, we got the jump in, nearsights flied, etc.

We really benefit a lot from red nearsight vs those alb mage groups which are popping like mushrooms after a rain in the forest. Red pbt is handy too but we made our carver respec for ns specifically :p

I only say this as our dark sm debuffed for the supp rm, which made him dd for 480 or so with his snare dd, so the debuffs are worth mentioning, just depends if you run with a supp rm.

Most likely this won't be as effective when NF strikes (25% rp > 10% rp) but atm a supp rm + dark sm (toad.) can do wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom