[QUESTION] Dark Elf Keeps.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Strange things occur to you while you're waiting for a scenario pop, but I daresay this is making a roleplayer or fluff-nazi somewhere weep bitter tears.

So the game's set in nebulous MMO-time-stasis, some time immediately after the invasion of Ulthuan, the High Elf island. I base this assumption on the various bits of quest guff I've actually read, the rough-and-ready defences around the Dark Elf camps in the starter zones, and so forth.

So you press onward into T2, and encounter your first Dark Elf keep, which isn't a captured High Elf keep with blood-soaked walls, Dark Elf banners, and other such changes of decor - It's a fully constructed Dark Elf keep with spikey bits and everything. I can't imagine they were built during the Sundering as the Elves probably had other things on their mind, like killing each other. I similarly can't imagine they were built pre-sundering because the architecture might've tipped the High Elves off that Malekith was, y'know, a little bit of a genocidal mass-murdering blood-drenched lunatic and not to be trusted.

This raises a few questions;

How did they get there? It takes years to build a castle. Are they plywood or something, held together with gaffa tape, cable ties and prayer?

Does IKEA really stock a "Fnørgen" range of flatpacked fortresses?

Inquiring minds demand answers to these and other questions...

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
they might just used magic n shit to get it there :p or use all the dwarven slaves you see running around in the camps :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
Strange things occur to you while you're waiting for a scenario pop, but I daresay this is making a roleplayer or fluff-nazi somewhere weep bitter tears.

So the game's set in nebulous MMO-time-stasis, some time immediately after the invasion of Ulthuan, the High Elf island. I base this assumption on the various bits of quest guff I've actually read, the rough-and-ready defences around the Dark Elf camps in the starter zones, and so forth.

So you press onward into T2, and encounter your first Dark Elf keep, which isn't a captured High Elf keep with blood-soaked walls, Dark Elf banners, and other such changes of decor - It's a fully constructed Dark Elf keep with spikey bits and everything. I can't imagine they were built during the Sundering as the Elves probably had other things on their mind, like killing each other. I similarly can't imagine they were built pre-sundering because the architecture might've tipped the High Elves off that Malekith was, y'know, a little bit of a genocidal mass-murdering blood-drenched lunatic and not to be trusted.

How did they get there? It takes years to build a castle. Are they plywood or something, held together with gaffa tape, cable ties and prayer?

dark elfs yer, but chaos keeps are held together with crappy 99p superglue by the looks of em.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
There's a little bit of fluff concerning this in some of the background info on Fell Landing, basically all the forts and keeps are prefab and where transported from the Black Arc.

Add in magic and slave labour and you get a reasonable build time with low labour cost/over heads.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
That's whats great about fantasy worlds with magic in: if somebody asks how something is done you can just say 'by magic!'

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I much prefer the Dark Elf Keeps to the retina-melting bright white High Elf Keeps.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i quite fancy the greenskin keeps myself.

now THATS a gaffa tape assembly if ever there was one :)

Poag

m00?

Its a flat pack...from ikea....DarkIkea.

But rly if you look at it its all blocks that are stuck together...and they have floating cities/ships so i dont think it would be to tough for them :>

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Oh man and I thought this had turned into the funniest feedback thread ever, this may have just trumped it.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
2mhwym8.jpg

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH

I can confirm that it is definitely not supplied by IKEA - teh desgin is all wrong:

Shedworking: Ikea's flatpack BoKlok homes this weekend

I am thinking John Lewis because everytime I get anywhere near one I get stuck on it and in it and all the women around the keep turn into witches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom