Its dying a slow death ive already noticed a significant lack of peole playing

New zones etc wont change the boring gameplay

shadowbane looks like its worth a try

C

Cronn

WTF?

Dying a slow death

Are you retarded?

This is the second largest Online RPG around. Second only to EverCrap.

It already has half the number of subscribers as EQ has and EQ has a 3 year head start.

Besides if you hate it so much why would you bother to waste your time posting this?

O

old.Gombur Glodson

still think daoc is a great game, just a shame about GOA

O

old.mouth

no not retarded

game will always be in top 5 coz there are not many contenders

dont make a good game tho

O

old.Prof

I've seen the "DAoC is dying a slow death" and "the dwindling server population" posts since a few weeks after the release in the USA (that's back in november 2001 folks) and since then the actual nr. ONLY INCREASED, making a mokery of all the doomsayers.

Of course sooner or later the population will start to shrink but anyone claiming the death of DAoC is in the near future shows a clear lack of understanding of what an MMORPG actually is, it ain't that easy as yer average game.

Also there is a difference between "poor" games and games "you personally don't like" - sadly many ppl confuse those things and you mouth seems to be one. In short, it's a lack of objectivity.

OK, I'll stop ranting now :p

S

SilverHood

well, we're all waiting for shadowbane.... 100% RvR game, and SWG, lightsabre fun

unless this game gets more exciting, most people will leave

I would love to RvR all the time, but leveling is such a pain, and hardly fun when you have killed the same purp mob for 10 hours, only to see your xp bar move along 5 spheres

O

old.chesnor

Levelling is sadistically slow past 40ish. This is fixed in 1.50(?) with exp caps raised and exp itself raised. This will make more of those unwilling to spend 8hrs camped repeatedly killing the same mobs for 3bubs of exp to get 50, hopefully. 50 has got to be the holy grail of this game as it stands now, altho sadly the things your char can do when you get to 50 are severely limited in EU version right now (and will be until Darkness Falls, probably due near Christmas time heh)

O

old.Kioshin

Tell me!

Why Wot happened to GOA lol..i been away for along time and came back !!BAM!! loads a people /send hey guesse wot....but nobody mentioned GOA

O

old.Tohtori

Lightsabre fun?

I doubt it :rolleyes:

You have any idea how hard it's to even become a padawan in SWG? It's not like every jill and jack can pick up a flashlight and play luke skywalker :p

S

SilverHood

but it's not gonna stop me :)

been following that game for over a year now.... from when they first announced it over at the station

still not sure whether I want to be good or dark...... maybe stay good until I have mastered the bascis, then go doen the path of dark jedi :clap:

just praying they release the game soon

O

old.ViU

Originally posted by mouth
This game is poor and we all know it

agree mostly, but it wont die... there will always be a decent amounts of peoples trying to have fun (just watch UO/AC/JG :) but yeah, alot of peoples are getting tired of this game because its really crap.
But when Shadowbane or SWG comes out most of those who doesent like this game very much will leave, and left you'll have a community of mostly daoc lovers :)

E

erl

Just a little thought, isn't it like this before every new game goes public? "Wait until that game is out, its gonna be the best" and so on? I didn't look into DAoC anything before it arrived but I guess it was hyped too like swg and shadowbane are now?

Just wondering why everyone thinks the new games allways will be better? :)

E

Eblessair

I swear people go around rpg forums, just trying to kill off each and every one, just to point them to another rpg

O

old.Cru

Originally posted by mouth
This game is poor and we all know it

It's Obviously doing sommat right cause isn't it like in the top 3 with UO and EverCrack? And howcome in every MMORPGS's forum there's always someone saying "This game is dying, blablabla" ? Go to UO's board, EC's board, AO's board lol and there's gonna be someone saying this.

O

old.mouth

As i said the game is poor

Monsters Hmm well at lvl 40+ u just fight bigger mobs that look identical to lvl 1 mobs (no thought there)

Dungeon design dont make me laff of the 5 dungeons we have in albion 4 were created on a zx spectrum and the 5th was designed by bloke whos spectrum was broke

Quests/Tasks well after lvl 20 most are knocked on the head

Ok RvR if u like running up and down like yoyos in a lag fest sure

All im saying is that the game looks and feels rushed and to be worth my monthly sub they gunna have to do a whole lot better

K

Keri

Re: WTF?

Originally posted by Cronn

This is the second largest Online RPG around. Second only to EverCrap.

Not that I'm saying it's a great game, but have you checked the numbers for Lineage? I think it could well have the largest player base of any MMORPG worldwide.

O

old.Cru

Re: Re: WTF?

Originally posted by Keri

Not that I'm saying it's a great game, but have you checked the numbers for Lineage? I think it could well have the largest player base of any MMORPG worldwide.

what's the site for it?

O

old.Prof

About the "DAoC is crap and when X and Y comes out everyone will play those" :
It's funny to see that ppl are so convinced of the succes of a game that will take at the least another 6 months to complete + noone actually ever played, so basically we're basing our assumptions about those games on some ss and what the developers promised us (anyone knows that developers always promise more then what we'll eventually get).

They're "potentially" good games but if they will be really worth playing remains to be seen, anyone who was there at the highly anticipated AO release will know that what looks great on paper might turn out horrible in reality (eventually Funcom got it right, but it took em like half a year).

And btw I'm a veteran UO and AC player (and a short stint at AO too :E) and from comparison can tell that DAoC is one of the best, if not the best, MMORPG out there, and there are more around then you think :p

S

SFXman

Just gotta love your great posts mouth, after all they are so damn positive and concstructive.

Users who are viewing this thread