DAoC tradeskills - price?

C

Cowled

Hey all crafters out there :)

It's times for me to get a pricelist, so i would like to know more about how to calc the prices?

I was thinking mine should be looking like this:

Price(quality) = ((material-price + (salvage-cost * retries)) * quality) + Procent%

I.e.:
Price(0.98) = ((100g + (5g * 10)) * 0.98) + 25%
Price = 183,75g

Quality: 98
Price of materials: 100g
Salvage-cost: 5g
Retries: 10
Procent: 25%

It's simpel.
The costumor will pay the cost of materials, salvage cost, and only pay for the quality i can deliever.
If it's under qua 100 the price drops a bit.

Then at the last point where i have to make a living, what to earn.
I was thinking of 25%, but plz tell me how and why etc. :)

/Cowled - Master Fletcher tonight :p

C

Cowled

A duskwood-longbow:

Qua: 98
Material-price: 106g 72s 56c = 106,7256g
Demands: Wood: 44 Thread: 8
Salvage: 22 boards, which is a lost at 2,187g (each bar) * (22) + 1,3122g (each thread) * 8 = 58,6116g
Retries: 6

Price(0.98) = ((106,7256g + (58,6116g * 6)) * 0.98) + 25%
Price(0.98) = 449,227296g

:) Happy ordering :p

Note this is just an examble :)

T

Tesla Monkor

You lose less money if you sell a bow back to the merchant than when you salvage it for the materials.. :)

K

Keri

450g? How does a duskwood bow compare to arcanite 16.2 dps weapons? I see those being offered for sale on US servers for 250g for 98%. Last week they were 350g.

C

Cowled

Keri

.. The only one on Excalibur-server, cabable to make qua 98-99 duskwood bows, are charging 700g+ for each.

Sooo..

P

Pixie.Pebr

Supply and demand, supply and demand....
Dont you just love capitalism? ;)

S

SFXman

Gotta love economics. One of my favorite subjects.

G

Gimly

Or you could just hire a tank friend for 200g to beat them up and rob it for you :D

C

Cowled

Hehe :)

This wasn't to start a flame or sumthing :)

Tell me how u ppl do? Let me suck out your knowledge :p

P

Pixie.Pebr

Materialcost + 20% markup.
Add any salvage losses on that if they want a specific quality.
I charge the same price regardless of Qua.

J

Jimli

Originally posted by Keri
450g? How does a duskwood bow compare to arcanite 16.2 dps weapons? I see those being offered for sale on US servers for 250g for 98%. Last week they were 350g.

Arcanium drops in DF instead of 102g a bar at merchant.......

L

lairiodd

Originally posted by Cowled
Arcanium drops in DF instead of 102g a bar at merchant

You mean that in a later patch they have drops which salvage for arcanite ? ... I think that only applies to the new dungeons that are in 1.53/4 cant remember.

P

Psy|:m00:

There was a site that calculated item cost/prices including markups but I forgot the url, does anyone remember it? :(

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by lairiodd

You mean that in a later patch they have drops which salvage for arcanite ? ... I think that only applies to the new dungeons that are in 1.53/4 cant remember.

You can salvage the armour you can buy in DF with seals now. The diamond stuff salvages for asterite (133 bars for the plate helm -- which is how crafters fund thenselves these days :) )

A

Adelle

Originally posted by Psy|:m00:
There was a site that calculated item cost/prices including markups but I forgot the url, does anyone remember it? :(

Try DAOC Tradeskills. You can download spreadsheets from there that will calculate the price of crafted items + markup for you.

T

Tesla Monkor

All DF stuff salvages for Asterite (8th tier metal), and probably will not be changed.

In 1.53, a new dungeon is added to each of the three frontiers, that contains loot that salvages for 9th tier and 10th tier materials. (Netherium and Arcanium in Midgard. :)

J

Jimli

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
All DF stuff salvages for Asterite (8th tier metal), and probably will not be changed.

In 1.53, a new dungeon is added to each of the three frontiers, that contains loot that salvages for 9th tier and 10th tier materials. (Netherium and Arcanium in Midgard. :)

That's the 1 then. I just know that there is loot coming that salvages for 9th and 10th tier.

Cowled, I have used the spreadsheet from daoc tradeskills and still use it for 1 to 9th tier materials i make for friends and guildies.

Using my own spreadsheet for the 10th tier material

Price = (Cost + (# of recraft * salvage cost)) * 1.1 (alliance) or 1.3 (rest)

96%= 2 recrafts
97%= 4 recrafts
98%= 6 recrafts
99%= 8 recrafts

If something takes more recrafts i lose on an order if something takes less recrafts i gain more then 10% or 30% order. Balances out pretty well with these figures tho I almost bankrupted myself having a bad day once. Luckily the day ended with a 100% qual arcanium cleaver :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom