Daoc Torrentsite.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Would be really awesome if someone with experience from torrentsites could make a daoc torrentsite for daoc videos only. Alot more videos would get released + faster speeds If people help seed etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if ppl help to seed yes. its a good idea but i doubt most ppl will bother to seed once they have got the video. especially if the video is a week or so old.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Ctuchik said:
if ppl help to seed yes. its a good idea but i doubt most ppl will bother to seed once they have got the video. especially if the video is a week or so old.
if people can host it on their 100mb+ site, I think they would be able to seed for a while aswell + some of the persons that downloads the movie probably have like 10/10 mb connection and are able to seed

Gamah

Banned
Ctuchik said:

This can be gotten round by offering rewards to people with a good seed ratio.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i've just bought some
niger-seed-feeder.jpg
ok where do you want me to put them?

Light

Loyal Freddie
Bahumat said:
i've just bought some
niger-seed-feeder.jpg
ok where do you want me to put them?

looks like an archaic seed torture chamber poor little seeds :(

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Is there actually much demand for this? I was considering doing it a while back, when RPGfilms.net was supposedly about to die.

Also, would people actually use it when people like Mani tend to host movies without many problems? If theres a lot of interest for it then I'd possibly do it, however I'm not entirely sure if its genuinely needed.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
GReaper said:
Is there actually much demand for this? I was considering doing it a while back, when RPGfilms.net was supposedly about to die.

Also, would people actually use it when people like Mani tend to host movies without many problems? If theres a lot of interest for it then I'd possibly do it, however I'm not entirely sure if its genuinely needed.

it probably isnt yet. and i still very much doubt many ppl would seed the movies once they have downloaded it themself. i have a few torrent sites i frequently use and anything older then a week isnt getting seeded anymore.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik said:
it probably isnt yet. and i still very much doubt many ppl would seed the movies once they have downloaded it themself. i have a few torrent sites i frequently use and anything older then a week isnt getting seeded anymore.

Varies how the users of such a site help contribute towards it. A few BitTorrent clients (Azureus, uTorrent, probably others) support RSS feeds, so clients can automatically download and eventually seed the latest torrents. If people with enough disk space and bandwidth did this, it would be quite easy to keep all torrents permanently seeded.

If the same people who currently host movies can help seed the torrents, then it should be fairly easy.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
GReaper said:
Varies how the users of such a site help contribute towards it. A few BitTorrent clients (Azureus, uTorrent, probably others) support RSS feeds, so clients can automatically download and eventually seed the latest torrents. If people with enough disk space and bandwidth did this, it would be quite easy to keep all torrents permanently seeded.

If the same people who currently host movies can help seed the torrents, then it should be fairly easy.
the idea would be to have the same people that hosts the movies now as uploaders(then you would still get their fat isps) + I'm sure there's loads of other people with atleast semidecent isps that can help seed.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i think it would be a pretty good idea to get new movies out and about fast, though you would probably still need to look somewhere else for older movies due to lack of seeds for old stuff.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Lorfo said:
Would be really awesome if someone with experience from torrentsites could make a daoc torrentsite for daoc videos only. Alot more videos would get released + faster speeds If people help seed etc.
nice idea rep earned :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom