DAOC TOA UI mods

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I went to www.daocmods.com, and found few very nice UI mods for TOA, and decided to wrap em up to a single easy to use exe for all ppl enjoyment.

package

How-to-use: Just run the exe, define path where your Toa is. When installer is finished, in the TOA character selection screen choose User interface to custom.

Package consist of following:

Summary Window 1.2
==================
Author: Abraxsis
URL: http://www.templartemple.com
Description: This version includes all standard bars with numeric percents or decimal progress, Realm Rank progress bar, Realm Rank character information, Master Levels Exp & RvR Bars, and Master Level character information.

30 item merchant window 1.67
============================
Author: Canith Danske
URL: http://sosg.pyxiis.net/
Description: Mini-Group - Includes Names, Health Bars/Percentages, Power Bars/Percentages, Class, Levels. "Selected Target" has been added to the bottom to make it easier on healers.

Wide Mini Group 1.0
===================
Author: Benumbed
URL: -
Description: This is a modified ToA merchant window that fits all 30 items thats max for a page. No more scrolling down for Arcanium bars, and spellcrafters and alchemists should find this useful too, since they don't have to scroll down either. Removed the Mithril coin box and compacted the controls and button placements a bit as well.

Oh, read the readme and license files!

Enjoy,
Ixoth

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Re-download it as package is updated to 1.1.0 version.

Changes:
Updated: Summary Window

Version 1.5
Author: Abraxsis
URL: http://www.templartemple.com
Description: This version includes all standard bars with numeric percents or decimal progress, Realm Rank progress bar, Realm Rank character information, Master Levels Exp & RvR Bars, Master Level character information, Lag Meter, Compass, and FPS Meter.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Reposted the file to the web server. Accidentally re-upped the old one. The 1.1.0 should be now avail, in the given address (check the first post of this topic).

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
a screenie for each please would be nice to see which bits from where to use integrat etc :D

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Svendoc said:
a screenie for each please would be nice to see which bits from where to use integrat etc :D

I will post em today.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Summary Window 1.5:
status.gif

Wide Mini Group 1.0:
group.gif

And 30 item merchant window 1.67:
Well its just shows 30 items per page when player talks to NPC merchant (window is taller).
:)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Version 1.2.0 now available

...From the same link.

MD5 checksum: 6331fd7fd9ce6f7885a3ad6382d4d355

Changes:

minigroupwindow.jpg

Fritty's Grog's Benumbed's Minigroup 1.0
========================================
Author: Fritty
URL: http://www.fritty.com
Description: This is my modified version of Grogs minigroup, who originally modified Benumbeds minigroup. I did this on a request and its a fairly simple mod.

http://www.daocmods.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=UpDownload&file=index&req=getit&lid=309

NOTE! Choose custom installation, so you can define path where to install, and choose which modules you are going to install - otherwise installer installs to default path of c:\toa\ui\custom and modules of Summary Window 1.5, 30 item merchant window 1.67 and Wide Mini Group 1.0!

Cheers,
Ixoth

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
get the Diivskin, all the info you want and a lot less bulky ;)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry guys btw for the large size of the installer - Installshield has tendency of making big size installers.. but its more feature rich compared to Tarma installer.

Later ima make update for the ini file for the daoc, so one does not need to remember change options to reflect changes of the UI to take custom ui into usage..

So stay tuned for updates.

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Nice initiative. :)

However, the summary window is completely over the top, you should probably think about getting a different one.

Why do you need constantly be able to keep track of:
  • Your bountypoints (which nobody uses for anything but overpriced totems and rent paying)
  • Your realm rank (which you probably know by heart after looking at your player sheet page one time)
  • Your realm ability points (which you should/could spend right away on passives if you're saving for expensive active RA's)
  • Your ML xp in anything but a numeric counter
  • Your chosen masterline (do you often forget if you're perfecter or sojourner and have to check the summary all the time?)
  • Your master level (there's only 10 of them, is it hard to keep track?)
  • System panel, i.e. ping and fps. I like the idea, but instead of enlarging a window to obscene proportions as the one you use, I'd prefer to have the system panel as it is per default. Three easy to understand symbols you can place out of sight until you need to look at them.

I love the updated group window with end regen along power and hp. Bring on 1.68 or 1.69 so we can get the endurance variable for our mods! :)

But again, nice initiative, and a great help to people who don't know much about using, installing and/or modifying their UI's. I'll stick to the one I made until you decide to get rid of that obese summary window, though. :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Groborthir said:
Nice initiative. :)

However, the summary window is completely over the top, you should probably think about getting a different one.

Why do you need constantly be able to keep track of:
  • Your bountypoints (which nobody uses for anything but overpriced totems and rent paying)
  • Your realm rank (which you probably know by heart after looking at your player sheet page one time)
  • Your realm ability points (which you should/could spend right away on passives if you're saving for expensive active RA's)
  • Your ML xp in anything but a numeric counter
  • Your chosen masterline (do you often forget if you're perfecter or sojourner and have to check the summary all the time?)
  • Your master level (there's only 10 of them, is it hard to keep track?)
  • System panel, i.e. ping and fps. I like the idea, but instead of enlarging a window to obscene proportions as the one you use, I'd prefer to have the system panel as it is per default. Three easy to understand symbols you can place out of sight until you need to look at them.

I love the updated group window with end regen along power and hp. Bring on 1.68 or 1.69 so we can get the endurance variable for our mods! :)

But again, nice initiative, and a great help to people who don't know much about using, installing and/or modifying their UI's. I'll stick to the one I made until you decide to get rid of that obese summary window, though. :)

Hehe txs for your comments :) I am of course willing to take suggestions of better summary module to be chosen for the package as a replacement for the one now.

About the new group window, it doesnt seem to work - endurance is always 100%. It might be related to the issue that I use european version of DAOC Toa which is version 1.67.

Which version do you use?

Eroa

Banned
Ixoth said:
Hehe txs for your comments :) I am of course willing to take suggestions of better summary module to be chosen for the package as a replacement for the one now.

About the new group window, it doesnt seem to work - endurance is always 100%. It might be related to the issue that I use european version of DAOC Toa which is version 1.67.

Which version do you use?

end wont be shown untill 1.69 afaik

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok.

I just read the there would be 1.70 coming too. And we european daoc players are still using 1.67. Makes my blood boil, to always use these old versions - come on let us have updates too! :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
V1.2.1 now available

V1.2.1 is now available.

Download link is the same (the first post in this thread).

MD5 checksum: cd200f16f7ddccc5c91f9046784ce347

Changes:
Checks if the UI setting is set to custom mode. If it is not been set to custom mode, installer asks if you wish to let this installer to set it to custom mode - without needing you to manually set it in the game (char selection screen / options).

Note above changes will take effect when you restart the game only.

PS. Tested in my systems and works 100%. Always backup your user.dat files prior using, I will not take any responsibilities what so ever if your game installation gets screwed up.

Cheers :cheers:
Ixoth

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Version 1.3.1 now available

MD5 checksum: c841c382c22206ecd3254c63afe424ee

Changes:
Installer now asks during installation if ui\custom directory is wanted to be cleared of files prior copying files to that directory (if the installer finds any file in that given installation directory).

So double check to which directory you are going to install mods if you choose custom setup type! I will not take any responsibilities what so ever (again) if you define some non-standard directory and answer yes to this deletion question of the installer!

PS. Always uninstall my prior package release before running this program.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Version 1.4.0 now available

MD5 checksum: f37e9bcd566c3baeaba60c6cc6c51211

Changes:
Contains now the DIIVSkin UI mod.

DIIVSkin:
"
GENERAL:

Most window close, move, and resize buttons are invisible until your mouse
hovers over them. They are not all perfectly aligned, but they will be in
the *general* area you would expect them to be, and appear BRIGHT yellow and
oversized. You will know when you find them. If in doubt, all windows will
move as normal by holding shift and clicking on them.

SUMMARY WINDOW:

From the summary, you can toggle on and off the various *pods* of the summary
and other screen controls using the round icon buttons in the bar above the
summary information. Once placed where you like them, they should stay in
position, but will need to re-open them everytime you see the loading screen.
(this will be fixed when 1.68 goes live.)

TARGET POD:
TOGGLED BY THE TARGET ICON to the left of your summary window.

H.U.D. TARGET:
TOGGLED BY THE TARGET ICON to the left of your target selected window.
This is an auxiliary target display. It is completely invisible until you have
target selected. The size of it is minimal, so you can target through it,
so it can be tricky to move. The move button is actually on top of and toward the left
side of the status bar itself.

RVR POD:

TOGGLED BY THE CAMELOT KNOT ICON above your summary. This pod houses 2 buttons.
the camelot knot icon that highlight gold in the round button to the left
opens the REALM window. (you will need to close this one manually) The small
red realm rank display has an invisible button over it. This toggles the drop
down realm rank chart. (custom5_window)

EXP POD:

TOGGLED BY THE LOOT BAG ICON above your summary. 2 buttons here too. The
round button to the left with a scroll ICON is split in half. The left half
opens your MasterLevel window, the right half opens your Quest Journal.

STATS POD:

TOGGLED BY THE DUDE IN A HULA-HOOP ICON above your summary. This one's round
left-side button opens your Bonuses Window. (need to close this one manually)

PULSE POD:

TOGGLED BY THE WINGY ICON above your summary.
This is a conc window. It is formatted to act quick peek for chant only classes, or
as a full function conc-window for buffing classes. It RESIZES from the TOP RIGHT only.

CLOCK WINDOW:

TOGGLED BY THE COMPASS WIDGET ICON to the left of your summary. I will have a
patch after 1.68 goes live to insure the game clock functions. The buttons
housed to its right are fairly self explanitory. The MORE button will be patched
for a PVE Map menu after 1.68 goes live.

CHAT WINDOW:

The two little guys in the circle open your friends window.

MINI GROUP:

The version packaged ready to go has the group memebers populating vertically,
group memeber 1 to group memeber 8, from bottom to top. When the window is open, all you
will see is a small round button until you are in a group. that is the INVITE function.
To disband from group, you must access the conventional drop down group window.

PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE:

Has been twinked one way or another, but functions pretty much like it always has."

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
New version 1.5.0 of ARR's DAOC TOA UI Best Mods Colleciton is up.

Download link: clicky

Size 5.3 MB

MD5 checksum: 515a8be0779e0d5f961f5c9a6391a407

Changes:
Contains now dethguildui.

dethguildui
===========
Author: SilverDeth
URL: http://www.dethguild.com/daoc/ui/uiinfo.html
Description:
"

Summary & Mini-Group Windows:

The summary window is the heart of this mod. It's purpose is to combine as much information as possible into a small area, while still maintaining readability. As you can see, the summary designed by Arwin is perfect for realm v.s. realm combat, as it meets both of these needs.
The mini-group window attaches perfectly to this summary window, displaying group status, and has all of the functionality of the standard user interface group window.

Realm War Maps:
Provided in this mod are maps of the current frontiers. The important locations are marked and should help prevent the user from becoming lost - even in the rarely visited Albion Frontier. The maps can be set to semi transparent mode to minimize their impact on your vision. The map controls are located on the Information Tab.

Armor Vulnerabilities Table:
Located on the "Information Tab" is a compiled listing of the armor vulnerabilities for all three realms. This window is also located in the "Quiver" tab, allowing archers to quickly reference the information, and choose the most appropriate arrow type. Like the other large windows, the Armor Vulnerability Table can be set to semi transparent to minimize it's impact on your field of vision.

Healer's Cube:
A Healer's Cube is a utility designed to assist healing classes in quickly mending wounds and removing status anomalies from their group mates. The Healer's Cube displays the name, life, endurance, power, and any status anomalies group members are suffering from, in a way that is easy to read and track. Each square on the cube corresponds to a group member. Clicking anywhere in that square will select that group member, making it a very easy way to both monitor remaining life, and quickly respond with heals - no more squinting at the tiny mini group window - healing with a Healer's Cube is both fast and forgiving. Close at hand are sprint, concentration, and face buttons, some of the most commonly used commands by healing classes.

Realm Ranks and Realm Titles Table:
Included in this user interface is a realm rank window, displaying the realm points needed to reach the next realm rank, for 1.0 through 10.10. Additionally, this table provides each realms rank emblem and title - for quick identification on the field. Like the other large windows, the Realm Rank Window's transparency can be adjusted.

Enhanced Item Information Window:
All items now have the repair, salvage, craft, and delve buttons built into them. No more shift + command to salvage, repair or craft your items. Additionally, the object's important status information has been highlighted, to make it easier and faster to check quality, bonus, durability, and condition.

Information & Combat Command Tabs:
The information tab contains an index of useful information, in a low profile tab, for the professional realm v.s. realm player, (for who visibility is at a premium). The tab allows you to access most of the custom information windows found in this user interface, including the Armor Vulnerabilities Table, Realm Rank charts, the various Frontier Maps, Relic Status, and finally, your Realm's Keep Information. Also included with the information tab is your important character information - Quest Journal, Master Level Window, Friends, and your Bonuses window.

The combat command tab is designed to keep the most important combat related tools at your fingertips. You can toggle combat mode, face, sprint, and stick targets with the top buttons. The next three buttons open important combat related windows - Siege Controls, Pet Command Window, and the Quiver. The final button allows you to invite people without opening the group window. Displayed beside the buttons is your master level experience data for quick reference.

Alternate Mini-Group Tab & Interface Access Buttons:
The information tab contains an index of useful information, in a low profile tab, for the professional realm v.s. realm player, (for who visibility is at a premium). The tab allows you to access most of the custom information windows found in this user interface, including the Armor Vulnerabilities Table, Realm Rank charts, the various Frontier Maps, Relic Status, and finally, your Realm's Keep Information. Also included with the information tab is your important character information - Quest Journal, Master Level Window, Friends, and your Bonuses window.

The various mini window tabs have been consolidated to the combat window on your character sheet. No more flipping from tab to tab looking for your quiver, pet, or the command tab.

Target Window:
The target window has been added, allowing you to open a free floating window that displays your current target's hit points and name.
"

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Does the Diivskin add alot of lag? Like the www.halfmad.com (not sure if it's the right one) skin?

The halfmad one is by the way a GREAT skin, maps, scrolls and all kinds of nice items :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tasslehoff said:
Does the Diivskin add alot of lag? Like the www.halfmad.com (not sure if it's the right one) skin?

The halfmad one is by the way a GREAT skin, maps, scrolls and all kinds of nice items :)

If the halfmad mod is good, I include it in to my package. About whatever does the usage of diivskin add lag to the game - I doubt that tbh. How could user interface mod add a lag to the client :D

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
If the halfmad mod is good, I include it in to my package. About whatever does the usage of diivskin add lag to the game - I doubt that tbh. How could user interface mod add a lag to the client :D
Ok, it's a great skin :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom