DAoC Soundtrack

T

Therion

What is the best background music for DAoC u think..

My favorit is..

Edge of sanity - Blood of my enemys (for Keep raids)

Nighwish - away (for travel)
well any of the nighwish songs would do :D

Soilwork - Song of the damned (for tomb hunting)

Static-X - Machine (for battles)

my minstrel have problem playing these songs i dont know why..

O

old.Normengast

Pure metal

My preference goes to:

Immortal / Satyricon / Darkwell / Primordial / Emperor / ...

O

old.Xarr

i don't put on individual songs when i play daoc, i just put on entire albums (but im really an albums kinda guy). anyways, here are a few examples:

tool. okay all their albums really, you can't go wrong with tool ffs :cool:

kent. swedish band with very enjoyable and relaxing music. great for xp'ing ^^

k's choice. also relaxing music and nice for xp'ing ~_^

HIM. good for anything really, HIM roxx :D

weezer. ahh, weezer is nice :)

when in emain and the asskicking and nametaking commences i like to listen to aggressive music to keep me on the edge all the time. examples as follows: lostprophets, slipknow, korn, tool (what did i just say, you can't go wrong with tool ffs!), samael, chemical brothers (their aggressive tracks mind you!), turboneger, incubus, rammstein, ratm, the hives, system of a down, type-o and such ^^

i'm sure i have missed some tho

keke~

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Lord of the rings soundtrack is nice while playing.
Along with anything by Enya and Enigma.

The rest of the time im a Hard House, Garage, RnB luvin' kinda guy :)

Guess DAoC brings out the best in me :p

T

Tasans

I wouldn't comment with Normegast choices because i would be mean ;) (bad experiences with black metal)
Anyway on my playlist i have :
Ambeon - Nice doom stuff with female voices
Tiamat - They rock :)
Paradice Lost - The old ones, they rock also
My Dying Bride and Sins of thy Beloved - 2 of the best doom metal bands
Pantera - nuff said
Most of the songs are from those bands, of course i also have
Jag Panzer, Moonspell, Lullacry, Lacuna Coil, Judas Priest, Blind Guardian, Savatage, Iron Maiden (and Bruce Dickinson songs), Nightwish, Septic Flesh, Nightfall, and a lot more bands.

And yes i know i have a 12 hour playlist so when i hear a song twice, i know i have to stop playing;)

V

Vell

Ooooooo, Steps, B*Witched, S Club, a bit of Celine, Mariah Carey and Westlife.

Why are you laughing?

S

Seyrcim

Currently going in my playlist while playing is:
Carcass - Some nostalgia from the early 90's
Entombed - Wolverine Blues couldn't have been a better album while picking off wolverines in skona ;)
Fear Factory - Hi tech aggro music
Edge of Sanity - Just nice.
Paradise Lost - (only As I Die, which comes fitting at times eh ;) )
Mithotyn - Kinda fitting for the Midgard setting
Desire - Slow'n easy, just relaxing
Dismember - Dreaming in Red also comes rather perfect at times ;)
In Flames - Ahh, gotta love em
Exhorder - The band Pantera stole their stuff from ;P
Low - Extreme relaxation

And to that various shoutcast stations with all kinds of music :)

K

klavrynd

A huge range covering nearly all genres (depends on how deep you want to subgenre)

Gothic : The Gathering (not the last few albums Mandylion was the last good one) , Nightwish , Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation

Black metal : Cradle of filth (not their last 2 albums tho),Anorexia Nervosa, Varskryget , ... (gives quite in Odins)

Avantgarde : Philip Glass, Steve Reich, Morton Feldman , ...

Classical : Eric Satie , Takashi Kako , ...

Jazz : mostly vocal stuff, Rigmor Gustafsson, Diana Krall, Jill Seifers, Peggy Lee , ...

Lo-fi, lounge , downbeat, whatever you want too call it :
Kruder & Dorfmeister (duh) , Dhizan & Kamien,Lemongrass, Sven van Hees , ...

Brasil : Joyce, Jobim, Joao/Astrud Gilberto (sodd off Bebel :p )

Electronica : Herbert, Stock Hausen & Walkman, Funkstörung, ATR,...

Reggae/dancehall : Bob Marley, Barrington Levy, Beenieman,... (the classics really)

D&B : nearly all on the congo natty label, Panacea, ...

Techno/elektro : lotsa Advent , Jeff Mills , Surgeon (all early 90'ies not that crap they produce now)

That's just a small list of the most known genre's but there's really tons more (most of you will find this list already exagerated so ... :) )

S

Sortbane

damn, lots of good music here =)

well, personally my favourites for daoc is a good combination between classical music (beethoven, bach, händel and the good ol guys :D ) and extreme black metal with the occasional goth band inbetween to act as a buffer between the classic and the extreme metal :D

nothing beats RvR with Beethovens 9th symphony followed with Old Mans Child - My kingdom will come :clap:

V

Vell

You know, I've never heard of most of these bands people are listening to. I guess they are continental bands rather than ones aimed at the uk market. Or maybe they're just not very good, and theats why I've not heard of them, unlike my choices of course.

And Hi solid /waves

T

Tasans

Oh yeah for all the Thanes out there ;) (and mids in general)
Crimson Glory - Valhalla
Lordian Lord - Winds of Thor
Blind Guardian - Valhalla
and Sinergy - Lead us to War for some rvr action ;)

btw In Flames I have seen them 2 times live in Greece and London, you gotta love them :)
eeeeeek Vell
:eek6: :m00:

O

old.yaruar

Well my good friend hyelac used to listen to Man'o'War, but we all have our foibles.

Currently I have a few things going round my cd player whilst playing

Interlock/Needleye - Death by design (split album) one of whom at least is a Daoc player ;-)

Pantera - Vulgar display of power
Chris Issack - Best of
Slayer - South of heaven
Echobelly - Best of
Horatii - Riposte
Woody Guthrie - a definitive collection
Swarf - Fall
Queenscryche - Operation Mindcrime

And whatever comes to hand from beside me in between battles ;-)))

S

Sortbane

No wonder you haven't heard about the above mentioned names Vell ;)

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Uuurgh ur ALL into metal :(

Not my cup of tea... but each to his own eh :)

edit: apart from Vell whos taste is marginally better (but only a bit) :p

C

cadiva

I'm with Vell

Well I ain't heard of most of this lot either ;)

Being a bit of an old goth girl myself, it would have to be something like Sisters of Mercy, The Damned, Alarm, TheThe.

Maybe a bit of Scottish Gaelic folk rock band Runrig or Capercaillie, plus some folk rock stuff from my mate's band.

At other times I can be mostly listening to the War of the Worlds, Pink Floyd, Roger Waters or some blues classics from the likes of Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and the rest.

If I don't have a choice in the matter (ie my other half has his tunes on) I suffer through Radiohead until I'm able to go and switch it off (grin).

S

Seyrcim

Originally posted by Xarr
k's choice. also relaxing music and nice for xp'ing ~_^

If you like those you might have a listen to Placebo as well, they are also nice (if you think you haven't heard them and have seen Cruel Intentions, they do the song in the beginning of the movie (Every You Every Me))

O

old.Xarr

yap seyrcim, i like placebo too. it's just that i listen to so much different crap that it's hard to remember everything ^^

here's some more music i like to listen to while playing daoc: eels, travis, muse, radiohead, soulwax, coldplay, depeche mode, jimmy eat world, massive attack and so on :)

most of those listed above are relaxing bands with nice, kind music fyi :)

O

old.job

Check it out

'Crash' by Methods of Mayhem, bang this out when fitin, got to be the ultimate headrush track.

G

Gef

lol .. that DAoC soundtrack is well funny

I like pretty mellow stuff, Gomez, Escobar, Doves, Counting Crows, Ride, Slowdive, Turin Brakes etc

But i'm a bit of an Indie kid tho and also like stuff like, Stone Roses, Remy Zero, Boo Radleys, Dandy Warhols, Idlewild, Verve (early stuff) .. and many many more ;) all depends on the mood tho.

Just albums tho, random playlist in winamp .. you can get a plugin that lets you use the joypad to skip songs etc so you dont need to tab out :)

O

old.Arnor

ATM its Tool, Rancid, Staind, Lok, Dr.Dre, Offspring, Moby, Busta Rhymes, Papa Roach, RATM, Rammstein, Seigmen, The Hives, Weezer, A Perfect Circle, Basement Jaxx, Eels, Fun Lovin Criminals, Clapton and Jimmy Eat World.

Got it all on shuffle and repeat, dont change it very often :D

B

Brinx

For RvR, Wager - Ride of the Valkyries.. what else? :)

O

old.Xarr

put some system of a down into that playlist arnor before i come down and smack you fool! :cool:

keke~

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Brinx
For RvR, Wager - Ride of the Valkyries.. what else? :)

I'll have 5 pounts on teh valkryie on the left on the nose ;-)

S

SFXman

Korn's new album, Lord of the Rings soundtrack, DJ Shadow, Teebee or maybe some various SoaD tracks.... jsut maybe the odd shuffling hours with jsut about everything :)

O

old.ZonithWymkeeper

Most played music during DAOC would definately have to be Jethro Tull (almost any album), but else i use my playlist, which are really mixed up, among many: Sugar Ray, Chef, Tone Loc', Skunk Anansie, G n' R, Stevie Ray Vaughn (and Jimmi, well lotsa blues neways =P ), Three doors down, Steve Miller Band, Ben Harper (lots!!) and ofc REM

O

old.ZonithWymkeeper

Hmmm Jethro Tull, Hibernia..........connection?? nahh too far out :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom