DAoC SI

M

minnie

what is DAoC SI going to mean to the present game of DAoC ??

also when is it due to be releasd ?

any help and advice appreciated thank you.

A

Apathy

Also, what is the meaning of life and what is God's surname?

Pfft.

Erm...8 extra char slots will mean lots of more alts. Lots more. Mostly the new classes. You won't be able to move on PK Bridge for all the necros shouting "GIV EB PLZ!!!!!!!!!!".

a.

R

Ragnarok1978

Not much to the current DAoC, but if you do not buy it, you cannot play the new races and I wonder if you can enter the new zones or even play the new classes.

It just went gold in the US and I heard it should be out around christmas or something. Supposed to be released in the first quater of 2003 in europe for euro-daoc.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Ragnarok1978
Not much to the current DAoC, but if you do not buy it, you cannot play the new races and I wonder if you can enter the new zones or even play the new classes.

It just went gold in the US and I heard it should be out around christmas or something. Supposed to be released in the first quater of 2003 in europe for euro-daoc.

From what i read you wont be able to enter the new zones or play the new classes/races.
I however do believe you will get the updated GFX engine without the x-pack.
And ofcourse the new races/classes will be just skins and effects you can see without the xpack aswell, so not buying it will still show you the ugly buggers in albion

F

Flimgoblin

With SI:

New graphics (oooh water!)
New races/classes
New zones

WIthout SI:
Crappy old graphics (this is confirmed - they're not giving out the new engine for free)
Drool at the new races/classes as they run around in the old zones.

Other stuff that both get in patches:
8 char slots
stuff

L

Lam

SI will add 4 new zones to each realm in daoc and 2 new classes and 1 new species. Also the new engine will improve performance and the world will also look better but only Geforce3 or Geforce4 owners will get to see the full detail of the new engine.

If you don't buy SI you won't be able to enter the new zones or play the new classes but you will be able to see the new skins and textures for them.

As for the new engine so far it hasn't been made public yet if you have to buy the SI to get the new engine and the performance increase but judging from the SI beta you will most likely have to buy SI to get the new engine but you never know with Mythic.

Also the 4 extra character slots aren't a part of SI, they will be released in an upcoming patch and mythic is hoping to release that patch before SI release so I think we'll see the new slots in patch 1.55 or 1.56.

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Lam

As for the new engine so far it hasn't been made public yet if you have to buy the SI to get the new engine and the performance increase but judging from the SI beta you will most likely have to buy SI to get the new engine but you never know with Mythic.

It was confirmed in one of sanya's grab bags that you have to buy SI to get the new engine, so time to get the cash out.

O

old.job

The screenshots will never do the new engine justice, I'm confident the game will look far more realistic, cos the textures in the present engine are hopeless and they have promised a huge leap in texture resolution.
For all luddites who care not for 'pretty graphics' there will be a fully adjustable gfX quality, so you can adjust all the sliders to minimal, which will no doubt make you very happy.

What I wonder, is the trip to the new continents seamless or do you have to port, where will they be, offshore from one of the coasts?

I've mentioned this before but isn't Shrouded Isle a good cover for new zones with fog to improve framerates:cool:

E

exc_hib_boo

Originally posted by Lam
SI will add 4 new zones to each realm in daoc and 2 new classes and 1 new species. Also the new engine will improve performance and the world will also look better but only Geforce3 or Geforce4 owners will get to see the full detail of the new engine.

Its only one new zone per realm, islands.

Most likely you will have to use ports to get there, would be easiest to implement (guessing there).

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by exc_hib_boo

Its only one new zone per realm, islands.

Most likely you will have to use ports to get there, would be easiest to implement (guessing there).

Uhm, it's 4 zones.. not 1.

And think carefully where the entrance to the albion isle will be....

It might just be the entrance has been there all along...

Ever wondered why there is a ramp and 2 guards + extra bindstone at the tower near adribards?

Originally it was the entrance to avalon city...they yanked that out and made Tir Na Nog from it cos they decided to do 3 realms instead of 2 and didnt have enough time.

But they didnt take the entrance out... so my guess is that that will be the albion entrance.

O

old.job

What's a zone?
How big is a zone?
I too thought it was just one continent, as in Hybrasil for Hib.

C

CliffyG

Will we be getting more items per shortcut bar too?

B

Breni

Originally posted by CliffyG
Will we be getting more items per shortcut bar too?

That's already in the US game - patch 1.54, along with Duelling and Spellcrafting/Alchemy.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet

Uhm, it's 4 zones.. not 1.

Uhm, have i missed the 4th realm????
1 new zone per realm.
1. Avalon - Albion
2. HyBrasil - Hibernia
3. Aegir - Midgard

Not even http://www.shroudedisles.com say's anything about a 4th zone. :)

There is a new rvr dungeon added in a later patch 1 for each realm, but still only 3 realms.

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by Breni

That's already in the US game - patch 1.54, along with Duelling and Spellcrafting/Alchemy.

oooooooooooooooooooh :)

L

Lam

We get 4 new zones per realm but all these zones form 1 new continent for each realm. There will be 3 outdoor zones and 1 new dungeon on each of the new continents.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.job
What's a zone?
How big is a zone?
I too thought it was just one continent, as in Hybrasil for Hib.

Salisbury Plains
Camelot Hills
Emain Macha
Lough Derg
West Svealand
:)

They're zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom