DaoC Movies

S

SFXman

Originally posted by tRoG
how do you make your own movies?
Get a video capture card or use the one extremely system resource eating program that records all on your screen.

T

Tasans

Unless you want to compile a gif image dont use the image capture programs, they take 1 frame every 20 sec or so...haven't tried it in rvr but in normal play.... :)

S

Seyrcim

Since I have a little laptop with tv-in, I use tv-out on my main comp and plug it to tv-in on my laptop. I have used VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/) and some encoder I had (divx mpeg-4 low-motion) to create these:

http://norseman.cjb.net/main.php?page=movies

For some reason the picture is too far right (about 10 pixels or smth like that, dunno if you'll even notice ;) ) and I can't move it more left, which is kinda irritating.

If I had had more HD-space I would have used huffyuv and compressed the video afterwards instead, it would have made for better quality, but not an awful lot in my case.

The last one is from yesterday evening when we took Caer Benowyc, and some albs happened to come by ;)

O

old.SkeritXP

I found "camtasia recorder" it's great.
Press F9 to start and F9 to pause and start again...
:)

O

old.arneduck

SkeritXP: Camtasia was great, but did you find any way to capture video using lower resolution than, eg, 1024x768?
I didnt find it :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by SkeritXP
I found "camtasia recorder" it's great.
Press F9 to start and F9 to pause and start again...
:)
Where may I acquire this program?

P

poi

yeah but the program is laggy as hell!

Have tried it, and all my vids are laggy..lovest/best qua..no difference.

1200 mhz GTS2 64mb pro 512 MB ram? i dont get it...

O

old.arneduck

Rhali: thats problably because you capture in high resolution, i have the same problem, and cant find a way to lower it :(
(yes, caputring in high-res but low quality is still laggy for me)

S

svar

I told you guys: it is possible to capture movies with software, but dont expect a smooth play. Video-Out -> Video-In is by far the best choice (although I understand that not everyone has access to 2 computers with TV Tuners in them).

O

old.Alwych

lalalalalalala ;) :clap: lol dont believe that quote below its false!!!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Alwych
lol an whats the serial number to get the full version for this camtasia? i really am too lazy to search for it an i know one of you must have it already ;)

Editted Brinx: No warezish things please ;)

P

Phyleus

Well, for me the capturing is very laggy too :( But I've at least found something out :)

Your problem about only being able to capture in 1024x768 can be solved quite easily. Since the program captures your screen, you just turn your resolution to 800x600 or 640x480 while recording the video. You probably have to do the same in DAOC too... I have not tested anything of this, but it sounds very reasonable to me ;D

Have fun testing it...

btw: sorry for the very late reply, but someone referred to this post in a recent post on Midgard / Excalibur.

V

varhees

Okay now , im the biggest n00b in the world when it comes to stuff like this...even worse than my grandma ;)

is it easy to use?

V

varhees

Never mind , got it to work ... not so impressive though..prolly need a monster comptuer..with 4gz and Geforce 56 ULTRA-ULTIMA

N

Novamir

argh they took down the stratics movies! anyone got another link?

G

ghostspawn

bump for when I get home & have decent bandwidth.

O

old.Elui

anyone have a link to the 'come as you are' movie that was on stratics at one point?

the one with the nirvana song o n the rooftops.

R

Ryo

Dont have a link for you but the filename is Hyperbalid.wmv and its 7.7mb big. Maybe you find it somewhere with that info.

O

old.Elui

Thank you a million times. It was on one of the links as that!

S

Slipurson

How to make ur own movies if u don't have or want to buy another computer:

Use ur TV-Out to connect ur Comp to a VCR or whatever recording device u have under/ontop of ur TV-set (most DV-Cams have "line-in" for video also), then simply record to Tape/DVD/Cam what u see onscreen and after that is done, use the TV-IN (on some cards) or buy a TV-Card ( a card especially made for watching TV on ur computer) for about $60 and record it back to ur comp with some recording tool... (usualy comes with card). then use a program of choice to cut and add music and code it to DivX or whatever u want... (good programs are Adobe premiere and Ulead Mediastudio)
bit harder but much cheaper then buying a new comp :)

and if u have another computer but no TV-In there just buy a TV-In card for it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom