DAoC movie makers

Eliminate

Fledgling Freddie
Anyknow a programme i can download to make a DAoC vid or do you have to buy them? ty in advance

Tilda

There are 2 main programs, Fraps, as mentioned, and Gamecam, both have a limited version, free demo type thing, with fraps demo being the most limited.
If you want their full set of features, you do have to pay, however for most movies you dont need it.

Tilda

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Tilda said:
There are 2 main programs, Fraps, as mentioned, and Gamecam, both have a limited version, free demo type thing, with fraps demo being the most limited.
If you want their full set of features, you do have to pay, however for most movies you dont need it.

Tilda
pft you deleted my post? didnt give any linkys.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
fraps is video capture.

you need a movie editor to compile a movie though its hard work to do.

I use adobe premier but there seems to be some nicer ones out there that let you encorporate more effects for "matrix" stylie perfectionists!

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
For editing, you can use Windows Movie Maker, it's free if you use WinXP

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I use fraps, and pinnacle studio plus. Using divx codec, to make smallest possible videos too.

Problem with the fraps is that, even you've defined to save the movie in full size (not half) , and you have resolution of 1280 x 1024 (or greater), it automagically saves the movie in half the size. No way to around it, but reduce the resolution, which is out of the question in my case, since I play the game in full screen mode, and using TFT display (1280 x 1024 opted).

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Fraps will only do a fullscreen capture of resolutions up to 1152x864, beyond that you will get half screen. My TFT is 1280x1024 aswell, but I use 1280x960 so fraps can capture at 640x480. That's a good enough resolution to work with to get a decent quality/size ratio.

Though the next monitor I buy will have to support 1600x1200, so I can record at 800x600 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom