DAOC Italian...

A

Apathy

http://www.daoc.it

Have you looked at this, the Italian-specific version of DAoC? It's such a cool site...

They have great great GREAT chronicles, they have cool IRC tools like !commands that tell you relic/keep status and stuff. Their class guild for the sorcerer is the most depressingly realistic thing I've ever read.

AND! AND! http://www.daoc.it/download.php They have a DOWNLOADABLE version of the game, around 250mb or so. Isn't that just so cool?

And from the looks of it, there is a free 15 day trial too. :-O

The chronicles have BG-specific listings!

Albion has all the strength relics!

The top RP holder is a RUNEMASTER!

Italian for sorcerer is Stregone!

I still can't get my pants dry after wetting myself over the chronicles...things like RACE distribution per class. Things like SPEC distribution per class. (Ooh...37% of lvl 50 chanters are...mana!) Which are the most popular RAs of a certain class...and millions of other things!

It's so sexy and just makes OUR chronicles look even more spasticated. :/

Must learn Italian and go make me a Magia del Menta Stregone.

a.

W

Whoodoo_RD

WTF, nice server population!

Server Players
Vortigern 720
Argain 70
Urkraft 61

and they got their own? :(

W

Whoodoo_RD

Sorry for the crap translation (babblefish)
Download
Download " client " Dark Age of Camelot daoc_ita_lite.exe x Windows 95/98/NT/2000

It unloads this program on your fixed disc (< 1 MB) and installs it. Fact this, nozzle the game cliccando on the icona that it has been created automatically on desktop of your PC and program will proceed unloading the rest of the game (approximately 248 MB). In order to approach the game serveur, you will have to then insert your personal username and your Password of recording to CTOnet .

N.B.
From 24 mondays June it will not be more possible to enter on Vortigern in order to carry out the 15 days of free test . All the obtained free periods from the future promozionali campaigns will come carry out to you on the serveur Urkraft, than rimarra' however accessible to all it makes a subscriber to it to you.
In order to approach the test serveur it is necessary to use icona "the Dark Age of Camelot SERVEUR TEST" .
The personages created in the serveur Urkraft could not be transport to you on Vortigern, but they will remain however active on such serveur and they will not come cancels to you.

Basically, this gives you access to a test server, and after you get the CD key from a box, you can then join the main server. You cant transfer your test chars, but at least unlike here, you dont have to buy the game to get a taste of it. Bloody good idea, GOA, you listening?

O

old.Xanthian

Shame I cant read italian :p

But listing the stats etc.. is a cool idea :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
WTF, nice server population!

Server Players
Vortigern 720
Argain 70
Urkraft 61

and they got their own? :(

Hur hur... and there I hear people say Prydwen is dying.

A

Apathy

Sod the population...imagine a server where EVERYONE spoke the same language, nasnasnas XDXDXD.

But the chronicles are great and the free test server...woo! WOO I say.

a.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

The feckers can even dl DAoC logos for their cellphones!
Me wants!!!

T

Tilda

GOA should try and do the free trial thing in the UK.

- make a DL site with DAoC,
- get PC Gamer and all other gaming sites to do a 3 page spread article on it.
- Offer, (offer once youve typed in a code from PCG) a 15 day free trial, on either excalibur or prydwen,
- Then once that expires they can imput a CD key from a full game and carry on playing with the charachters that they previously made in the trial.

If thats not good advertising i dont know what is, because PCG has circulation of 20,000+ readers i think.

I was dubious about DAoC when i first got it but after i "got into" the game it was feindishly addivtive. I think that these steps alone would/could double the numbers of players currently playing.

Tilda

O

old.Noita

Impressive site altogether imo...but then Italians brought the world the Maserati GT Spyder which Santa forgot to bring me :( I guess it was just too big for his sack :rolleyes:

E

Euthanasia.

You can have me for christmas instead if you want :m00:
although i don't suppose i'd make up for Santa not bring you your maserati spyder gt mathingy jiggy.
but it's the thought that counts :m00:

E

erl

Sucks that you can see specs, RAs etc IMO. *Now I see Mr xxx here, lets check what RAs he has before I try to kill him. Does he have IP? oh yes, then lets stun him at 30%* etc.

A

Apathy

I think it's great! It shows EXACTLY what the people hosting/running the game are actually capable of but chose not to through their own ineptitude/laziness.

a.

W

Whoodoo_RD

I got a taste through beta, that was a free dl too.

Come on GOA, what better way to advertise than "have a FREE go!"

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Sorry for the crap translation (babblefish)

Basically, this gives you access to a test server, and after you get the CD key from a box, you can then join the main server. You cant transfer your test chars, but at least unlike here, you dont have to buy the game to get a taste of it. Bloody good idea, GOA, you listening?

They'd have to translate the instructions for transferring to 3(!!!) languages, would take ages. Doubt this will ever happen.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by erl
Sucks that you can see specs, RAs etc IMO. *Now I see Mr xxx here, lets check what RAs he has before I try to kill him. Does he have IP? oh yes, then lets stun him at 30%* etc.

There is a option to turn it off.

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
I think it's great! It shows EXACTLY what the people hosting/running the game are actually capable of but chose not to through their own ineptitude/laziness.

a.

Well put.

D

Delket

Dont depress me, we know goa sux, dont remind us :p

T

Tilda

Originally posted by kr0n

They'd have to translate the instructions for transferring to 3(!!!) languages, would take ages. Doubt this will ever happen.

ROFL

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Hmm...

~buys a 'How to Speak Italian in 3 hours' book and migrates to the italian server~

Arcimago Sissyfoo! It sounds so much better than Wizard Sissyfoo. ~cries~

A

Apathy

But...I bet on one of those tiny servers you do a /who all and they are all infs.

a.

O

old.Wildfire

Yet another company shows GOA up for being utterly, totally shit. No surprises there then.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Bah, just read that the aussies and south africans got SI too, and if i read right the koreans got 1.54 already!

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

Hur hur... and there I hear people say Prydwen is dying.

Those numbers were taken at an off-peak time, right now the main server has 1700 players online.

O

old.0xygen

Further proof that Mythic made a complete BALLS UP when they decided to give ONE company the rights for 3 REGIONS all speaking DIFFERENT LANGUAGES.

It also doesn't help that the company they gave it to had a REALLY REALLY bad track record that hasn't improved

F

Fafnir

Perhaps we all should stop our payments to GOA for a month to show them how we feel.

They had a about a year to get their act together and it looked like they where improving just to let us down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom