DAoC Italia!

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone play it? Because I heard on the grape-vine they are playing an older version, ie 1.58 (SI version), would be very sweet to play those times again :D

Reason I'm posting here is because some of you lot my know about it, I dont speak Italian and because I still havent recieved my ferkin activation email for their forums from them.

Anyway, I heard they only got 3 servers, 1 RvR, 1 PvP and 1 Test. That true? Also whats average server pop at primetime?
What version are they running, and are they really slow at patching? (hopefully :x )
Whats the cost?
Any other specifics I should know about?

Ta

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
I found some italian DAoC-site some time ago. There were like 4 or 5 servers listed there i think. The one that had the most had about 10 people online, spread out on 3 realms. I heard the italian daoc servers are no more. If its the truth, i can only say i feel sorry for the loads and loads of italian hardcore DAoC-players that lost their servers :(

AAAAAHH! Its those 5 albs again! Quickly! to Dagda!

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
They have -104- players online at the moment:

Vortigern 78
Argain 24
Urkraft 2
Total 104

There does seem to be a RvR, PvP and Test server yes. They do have Shrouded Isles also. Couldn't find much more out using Babelfish. Seems you can DL the client and perhaps a trial period. Their XML rocks. It will most likely die soon or be taken over by GOA imo :p

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.daoc.it/

There you go. 2 people online on Urkraft atm... Meaning 1 realm is COMPLETELY empty?

Doubt this can be right. If they can really make a profit out of those few players, i wonder why we suffer from such a bad support from GOA, when the english/french/german servers have 2k players online each at primetime :p should bring in shitloads of cash then. Atleast enough to pay for a monkey that can do more than drink coffee.

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
OR, those 2 players are on the same realm...... ;) meaning that TWO realms are empty... :eek7:

Or... One is playing, and anotherone is waiting for him to log out, so he can log in. Meaning one is waiting in the character-menu?

Aussie

Banned
happens when they introduce the anti cheat tool without saying....

Eroa

Banned
Tought they had closed the Italian servers already. Was talk about them closing already last christmas.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Vortigern = main rvr server, didn't check recently but it usually has 2k+ people on at primetime
Argain = pvp
Ceridwen = alternate rvr server, opened just recently but didn't have much success (most people don't want to leave their chars on vortigern)
Urkraft = test server

Current version is 1.60

The patches were up to date actually (many times even ahead of goa) untill about a year ago when Mythic decided to stop sending updates because the parent company of Daoc Italia was having financial problems. (They went bankrupt because of a deal with Electronic Arts, something the company managing the servers had nothing to do with.)

Many players have now switched to the US servers (our guild is the only one I know that chose GOA instead) mainly because they wanted to play ToA. There's still a lot of people playing on Vortigern though.

http://herald.daoc.it/guilds_ranking.php?server_id=1

That's our herald, most of our toons don't show up because they are inactive.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Yep I'm impressed over the Italian XML info... saw that site over a year ago.. and wished that we could have something similiar :(

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I think its safe to say in comparision there are very few XML's which give less information than the GOA XML's - unless there's some kind of magical button which does away with all the flash-tacular effects and adds a few extra buttons.

Buy the italian XML, GOA. I'm sure they could use the coin :D

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
OR, those 2 players are on the same realm...... ;) meaning that TWO realms are empty... :eek7:

Prolly some Stealther and their BB :)

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
I think they're running 1.62 or something like that.
In one of the recent news items I think it says something about meeting with Mythic and it was decided they would continue translating new expansions for the Italian market, so perhaps one day they will see TOA...

CTOnet has had major financial problems, I suppose that's the reason they're so far behind..

The Italian XML doesn't really give more information than GOA's does, but their website does give a lot more information. Much like how Mythic's site gives (slightly) more information than available in the XML.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Thorarin said:
The Italian XML doesn't really give more information than GOA's does, but their website does give a lot more information. Much like how Mythic's site gives (slightly) more information than available in the XML.
And anyone notice a lack of flash.....hint hint...

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
And anyone notice a lack of flash.....hint hint...

OMG FLASH IS TEH TEKNOLOGY OF TEH FUTURE. MUST USE IT EVERYWHERE!!!11oneone

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Italian servers were born nearly at the same time as EU ones.
At the beginning they were patched as fast (maybe faster) as EU.
The player base was solid and everything was smooth.

Then CTO (the Italian GOA) made some wrong market operations (bought the biggest italian basketball team etc) and went bankrupt.
No more patches, no more service etc.

Almost all the Italian player base moved.
Mainly in US.
Some (a minority) are playng on EU now (Rage on Hib/Excal i.e.).

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
so basically they are permanently stuck on patch 1.62?

imagine that Oo

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Vortigern:501
Argain:111
Ceridwen:4
Urkraft:24
Total:642

I bet solo fights rock there :(

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Vortigern:501
Argain:111
Ceridwen:4
Urkraft:24
Total:642

I bet solo fights rock there :(
Actually since they have had version 1.60 for so long (so no toa, no artifacts) most of them aren't doing any pve... so in a /who all 200, half of that or more will be in rvr :)

That is unlike here where /who all 500 and only 50 in rvr :)

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Their website in general is leagues ahead of the crummy camelot-europe one and the XML in particular is much better. I really wish we had something like that here, or at least had all of the stats exposed so we could do it ourselves.

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Thorarin said:

I can't find stats like this:

http://herald.daoc.it/char.php?server_id=2&char_num=7687

(giving values for stats, spec lines, abilities, spells and all sorts of other stuff I can't translate)

On either the Mythic herald or our crappy one :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
sounds to me like a non-toa server :worthy:

i understand a little italian but anyone found anywhere u can order this to UK? the main website seems only to deliver to italy (go figure :eek:)

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
sounds to me like a non-toa server :worthy:

i understand a little italian but anyone found anywhere u can order this to UK? the main website seems only to deliver to italy (go figure :eek:)

it's translated in italian.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
But if they have stoped patching and stuff, do they accept new subscriptions?

Perma stuck to 1.60 wouldn't be too good for hibs/albs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom