[20:31:56] <Roalith> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/verismilitude/matrix1.jpg
[20:31:59] <Roalith> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/verismilitude/matrix2.jpg
[20:32:08] <Roalith> officially the wierdest gfx bug I've ever seen :eek:
[20:32:21] <Sharma|Shardon> Roa
[20:32:22] <Squigg> :D
[20:32:25] <Sharma|Shardon> heh i got that a whikle back
[20:32:37] <Sharma|Shardon> was goi to sauv and all this text crap popped up
[20:32:47] <Roalith> hehe
[20:32:49] <Wels> omg roa so daoc isn't real?
[20:33:00] <SoulFly> http://soulfly.daug.net/DAoC/Voodoo_Banshee8megs/matrix01.jpg
[20:33:02] <SoulFly> http://soulfly.daug.net/DAoC/Voodoo_Banshee8megs/matrix02.jpg

O

old.Xarr

they're changing the matrix...

tank! we need an exit!!!

B

BubbleCDR

lolol...

I see 2 black cats! omg! ITS THEM GUYS IN SUITS CHANGING THE MATRIX...

C

Col|

Heh, I see Asoris language is as bad as ever :great:

O

old.Xarr

i'm assuming asori is the one handing out end-b00fs :)

O

old.Xarr

What is "real"? How do you define "real"?

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

B

BubbleCDR

As albert einstein would say... What is "real"? How do you define "real"?

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

I meen in REAL LIFE.. like we all dont go running around with a big 2handed hammer killing Albions (thats a scotish football team in scotish division 3) or using 2axes and going into SUPER RAT MODE. well. maybe some people on a morning are a little ratty

S

slapmesilly..

if you look at it that way..

every lvl 50 is actually lvl 010011

:rolleyes:

taking that fact, and entering it in all the existing AF and DPS formulas, you should (theoreticly) be able to have an AF 35434 armor, and 99548 DPS weapons.

how's that for overpowered?

M

Meatballs

110010 actually slapme!

A Glitch in the matrix! RUN AWEAY!!!

N

Neural Network

Take a frying pan and smack you in the head.
If you feel pain, you know it’s the real world.
If not, you are dreaming and have to go to work tomorrow.

O

old.0xygen

your regretting swallowing THAT pill now aren't you

C

Col|

Originally posted by old.Xarr
i'm assuming asori is the one handing out end-b00fs :)

Supposed to be yes, but he likes to watch people struggle. ;)

A

Aravis

Originally posted by old.Baritone
Follow the white rabbit Roalith:lol:

The White Rabbit! Run away! Run Away!

<wonders where the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is>

W

<Wels>

Speaking of Matrix I saw the trailer for Matrix Reloaded the other day (out in may), wow.

L

liste

Asori is usually seen on a tank-strike. ie, main tank sitting on the ground with 3 succu's and 2 nightmares hitting the casters.

:p

N

nju

Re: Re: Daoc isn't real? o_O

Originally posted by BubbleCDR

Well...Sorry to disapoint you...

But...

No..

It isnt real:puke:

wha.. ? yer gotta be shittin us

real as hell it is i tells ya REAL AS HELL!!

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by BubbleCDR

I meen in REAL LIFE..

It's almost impossible to define what exactly that is (admittedly, it's hard to come up with another name for what we call "real life"). As Xarr said, it's all just electrical impulses in your brain. Although it is beyond our technology at the moment, it's theoretically possible to fool a whole load of humans into thinking they're "really" somewhere they're not. The point is... if you were born into a simulated universe, how would you know?

E

Euthanasia.

Don't start and intellectual debate in here Sarum these morons wouldn't be able to cope and would fall over and die..
you don't want that now do you ?

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Euthanasia.
Don't start and intellectual debate in here Sarum these morons wouldn't be able to cope and would fall over and die..
you don't want that now do you ?

Pot, kettle, black.

I

inuyasha

Im not kidding.

Why should real life be real?

The idea you mentioned earlier, slap yourself with a frying pan in the head, and if it hurts you gotta go to work :p Getting hitted with a spear hurts in DAOC as well for our chars dont it?

I have played quite a few simulation games, studied quite alot of AIs on personal basis, and been thinking alot myself.

Although its a major problem for us now, it is far from impossible to implant the rules this world use (weight, demands, breed, feelings) into a simulation system. Our brain is a mystery to us, but the rain was a mystery to us earlier, and people once though the world was flat and square. We have already sorted out the HUGO prosject, where more or less all you need to create a human simulation is stored.

In tops 300 years if the world have a few productive wars, we will be fully able to create such simulations ourself. We would not make one, but several million. This is not only for a toy, but it would be VERY usefull for wars, case by small modifiers you can with a small degree of failour forsee the strenghts and weaknesses of your enemies, that be human or non human foes.

Now tell me how large the chanses is that we are the first ones with that idea? I recon it far less then 1% :rolleyes:

Add together "eXistenZ" + "Matrix" + sience and you will get to about the same conclusion :D

This theory's most obvious flaw is if humans really IS that easy to create, or if we have superiour guideiance. I say we have, but that it it also programmed :D

O

old.Niljindil

Re: Im not kidding.

Originally posted by inuyasha
Why should real life be real?

The idea you mentioned earlier, slap yourself with a frying pan in the head, and if it hurts you gotta go to work :p Getting hitted with a spear hurts in DAOC as well for our chars dont it?

I have played quite a few simulation games, studied quite alot of AIs on personal basis, and been thinking alot myself.

Although its a major problem for us now, it is far from impossible to implant the rules this world use (weight, demands, breed, feelings) into a simulation system. Our brain is a mystery to us, but the rain was a mystery to us earlier, and people once though the world was flat and square. We have already sorted out the HUGO prosject, where more or less all you need to create a human simulation is stored.

In tops 300 years if the world have a few productive wars, we will be fully able to create such simulations ourself. We would not make one, but several million. This is not only for a toy, but it would be VERY usefull for wars, case by small modifiers you can with a small degree of failour forsee the strenghts and weaknesses of your enemies, that be human or non human foes.

Now tell me how large the chanses is that we are the first ones with that idea? I recon it far less then 1% :rolleyes:

Add together "eXistenZ" + "Matrix" + sience and you will get to about the same conclusion :D

This theory's most obvious flaw is if humans really IS that easy to create, or if we have superiour guideiance. I say we have, but that it it also programmed :D

Intellectual rabble!

Gotta love it :D

I

inuyasha

hehe

Bah, someone take it serious so i have to protect it! :rolleyes:

Im a senior at naive theory :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom