DaoC & ICS

C

-chancer-

Ive managed to hook both my computer's up using a hub and i can browse files and surf from both machines main is the net connection but ive installed DaoC on my 2nd machine but it wont start up has anyone else had this problem?

S

speshneeds

erm, try putting the cd in for the 1st time u start it :p

F

Fafnir

Hmmm, i just plugged the hub in and logged on, had no problems.

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by Fafnir
Hmmm, i just plugged the hub in and logged on, had no problems.

was that a router or a normal hub though as i only have a normal hub

F

Fafnir

A normal hub with space for 6 computers, was cheaper than the 4 comp one :) from D-Link

R

Roo Stercogburn

Try checking to make sure you don't have a firewall which doesn't know about DAoC and is blocking it.

M

Madonion Slicer

I run 4 PC's through a 100mb Netgear hub and DLink Adsl modem, using ICS no problem.

Is your PC with the connection have File sharing switch on? If the lead PC is running XP check that it's internal firewall is switch off.

Check your IP Address and Default Gateway are set correct as well as Subnet mask, never trust the ICS Wizard to do it all for you.

C

-chancer-

my main pc is connected to a adsl "fish" modem and also a 8port hub 10mb i think and the other pc is connected to this

Spare PC > hub > Main Pc > adsl fish modem

with the 2nd pc i can surf the new etc no problem but the game just will not start up no matter what there's no fire wall and im running WinME

O

old.CrazyMuppet

[offtopic]
Wanted to say sorry for hunting you down like that yesterday evening Chancer...

I always try to lure SB's into trying to kill me by sitting down outside Castle Sauvage with my armsman Methos.

Then you shot my armsman and ran away... i knew you wouldnt have Camouflage for awhile so i logged on my infil Jager and went looking for you (see-hidden) :).

I followed you around for a bit to see what you were trying to kill... a hint: don't try to kill lvl50 tanks when you're lvl45, that's a waste of camouflage. If you wanna kill, kill mages

And in Sauvage, when you wanna sit down and rest, rest up against a tree so you're less visible... you made it quite easy for me. :)

PA on a sitting kobold hits hard. :)
[/offtopic]

C

-chancer-

when you killed me i was just logging and when i tried to stealth and got the message the enemy is too close that game me a fright i tell u i have about 35 stealth and i aint seen that message for a while anyway gg to you and i had just used camo as well :(
any idea how many rp's im worth?

edit

the only reason i hit your armsman is because i had been there ages and was bored :)

O

old.CrazyMuppet

It was around 700ish RP... not bad :)

And when you don't have camouflage up it doesnt matter if you have 1 or 50 in stealth, infils with see-hidden can see you from clipping range.

Anyway, to get on-topic, ICS as a software router isnt the best solution....it never worked for me... try WinRoute instead.... much better...

I have a hardware router now, but when i used a software router it took me weeks to get it working properly... but once it does work it's great.

C

-chancer-

thanks any chance you could post up a quick user guide to this winroute ? ive never used it before so wouldnt have a clue if u could maybe just post a few easy tips to help me out it would be much appriciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom