DAoC guide....for girls...Seel style.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hunts.

New kids, don't go hunting those purple girls just yet. You need armor with nice dyes, strong equipment(har har...very funny) and some experience. Stick with the low level girls with lesser looks and personalities.(no...fat chick doesn't equal jolly holly)

Now, when approaching a girl, make sure of these few points:

- It doesn't aggro. You can usually tell by the look allready, but do keep in mind that even if some girls let you close by, they might suddenly aggro you none the less.

- Does it add? If the girl has female friends around it, no worries, it just means that it has some heals and buffs and won't go down(yes...i know) as easy as un-accompanied ones. If the girl has male friends around it, beware! These are high aggro and if you approach the girl without making sure if the male is /sticked to the girl, you might be in for a beating.

- What's the downtime. If the girl is drinking strawberry daquiri super cash drinks, be sure you got a few plat with you and that the "drop" is worth it. You don't want to spend hours and plats on a girl that just disappears for some reason.

- DoT. Some of these girls have a DoT over them from other players. That means, they seem to become weaker and weaker as the night goes by. Two-edged sword the DoT's, for they are a good way to take a girl down, but if you leave the girl for a moment, some other player might grab the kill.

- Campers. Oh i hate these. They hang around anything and everything that moves. The worst case scenario is that they probably will whine and gripe as soon as you even approach a girl. "My kill!" "We camped this girl!" and so on. These ain't often seen, and are often frowned upon. Luckily they also are vurnerable for DoT and the Bouncer mob usually gets to them before anything serious happens. There are silent campers too, that pick out only a few girls, without clearing the spot, but you probably won't notice them.

- Pops. Well, smetimes when you enter a certain spot, it's empty. Either the damn campers got all of the girls, or it's daytime when you should be there by night. Remember that most special girls only pop at night. Remember also that you might have to wait a looong time for a pop and even if a pop would occur, it might be totally wrong or graycon even. Nobody wants a graycon.

Now, a short word on grouping.

In a group you'll be more likely to be victorious, but the downside is that you might not get the loot. The bigger the group, the easier, but also harder for the loot to drop for you. Ofcourse if you take a group of 7 lesser level out, you have the upper hand as the new hunters don't have the knowledge of which drop is valuable and so forth. Best setup is to have one shadowblade(for scouting out and light de-buff), a healer(or "casher"), a tank(for aggro from males or females even), a berserker to make rough approaches to tenderise the girl and ofcourse, the spiritmaster, which is self explanitary. Ofcourse you can be in any part, but usually the spiritmaster, or berserker in odd cases, takes the final blow(oh grow up).

Ofcourse a good group shares the loot. Ahem. But best to hunt large groups of girls so each person gets the deserved experience and loot.

Oh and, pick your spot according to your level. Noone wants to hunt level 17 girls when your way over 21. Right? Right.

Next time, a word about Crafting.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
rofl

i'm lvl 38 and lvl 18 upwards are fine even lv 45+ with a few potions buffers :drink:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Im level 34, I bagged a drop thats level 26, I got a message that she is too low for me and will degrade slowly, shes also flagged non-trade and non-drop currently, and I wish to trade her for a slightly higher one with better bonus's. Shes green con to me on xmas day, currently grey, but I prefer a blue or even yellow con, you know, more experience and that.

Ive tried many NPCs but they wont take her, saying "you need more training...". I did think about duel weilding, but she promised her two brothers would BAF and use a damage add, so i thought against it.

I cant be bothered leveling her to level 10, and tbh I dont want to as shes considering create item, and I already have 3 from a previous artifact that I had to get special scrolls to releive me from.

Any advice here would be great Seel.

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
im only level 16 but ive got plenty of plats do i still have a chance? :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hansmoleman said:
im only level 16 but ive got plenty of plats do i still have a chance? :p

Level 16 is a bit low, especially for the special girls. I'd say, stick with a few same level players, hang around the more common, blue/green con areas and build up some experience. With the plat you got, you'll have a certain advantage. Just be sure you don't overspend it on purple items and silly things like that. Think then buy.

old.Whoodoo said:
Im level 34, I bagged a drop thats level 26, I got a message that she is too low for me and will degrade slowly, shes also flagged non-trade and non-drop currently, and I wish to trade her for a slightly higher one with better bonus's. Shes green con to me on xmas day, currently grey, but I prefer a blue or even yellow con, you know, more experience and that.

Ive tried many NPCs but they wont take her, saying "you need more training...". I did think about duel weilding, but she promised her two brothers would BAF and use a damage add, so i thought against it.

I cant be bothered leveling her to level 10, and tbh I dont want to as shes considering create item, and I already have 3 from a previous artifact that I had to get special scrolls to releive me from.

Quite a perdicament there old.whoodoo.

First off, dual wield is only for experienced players, it's mostly very stealthy work or you're forced to move around alot to compensate for all the spot clearing you do. I don't recommend it.

We all know from experience that sometimes you just have these gray and green cons with you and there's really little you can do about it. Not to mention non-trade and non-drop. There is a way around the non-drop, but it's really an exploit and can, if it's noticed widely, cause your account a temporary or even a final ban. The exploit is, even if i don't advice on using it, to find another item and switch to it. This way the gray con only takes up a little inventory space and in time it's somewhere in a vault and you don't have to mind it. Using the ring of Wed you get from either killing the albion priests or doing quests for them can help you in luring mobs closer.

That's only a final solution if things go really bad and you get eriously pwned.

A better, and in my opinion the best, option is to enchant the item. Something like the "undergarments of emain", book of the deep are good ways to enchant your drop to a higher level. Ofcourse, you could have another playerenchant the dropbut it too often results in blowing up the drop. Remember also that too many items, created that is, can bring your overall resistances down and leave you short of endurance. But, if the drop is used to create the item, then the bonuses given by the items outweighs the downsides.

Hope that helps.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

rofl!!!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Quite a perdicament there old.whoodoo.

First off, dual wield is only for experienced players, it's mostly very stealthy work or you're forced to move around alot to compensate for all the spot clearing you do. I don't recommend it.

We all know from experience that sometimes you just have these gray and green cons with you and there's really little you can do about it. Not to mention non-trade and non-drop. There is a way around the non-drop, but it's really an exploit and can, if it's noticed widely, cause your account a temporary or even a final ban. The exploit is, even if i don't advice on using it, to find another item and switch to it. This way the gray con only takes up a little inventory space and in time it's somewhere in a vault and you don't have to mind it. Using the ring of Wed you get from either killing the albion priests or doing quests for them can help you in luring mobs closer.

That's only a final solution if things go really bad and you get eriously pwned.

A better, and in my opinion the best, option is to enchant the item. Something like the "undergarments of emain", book of the deep are good ways to enchant your drop to a higher level. Ofcourse, you could have another playerenchant the dropbut it too often results in blowing up the drop. Remember also that too many items, created that is, can bring your overall resistances down and leave you short of endurance. But, if the drop is used to create the item, then the bonuses given by the items outweighs the downsides.

Hope that helps.
Thanx Seel,

I looked at the first option some time ago, and faked a temp ban, but she found me on Prydwen and dragged me back to Excal.

The duel weild I also tried with my ex-wife, shes the bonedancer with my three adds, and had a fling with a Spirit Champion behind her casters back. The onyl problem here was pathing issues and the line of sight bugs in keeps, my ex continued lifetapping me through a wall and eventually I had to purchase portal scrolls galore before the Gothi accepted and let me port away. But you were right about resistance, with the three in tow and no determination due to being a hybrid, I was soon defeated.

I think Ill go with the charm option, and ply her with potions now I am an alchemist with a few plat, and see if I can bait a dozy minstrel to speed away with her.

Damn new frontiers, making us Thanes more appealing to others again!

Tilda

old.Whoodoo said:
But you were right about resistance, with the three in tow and no determination due to being a hybrid, I was soon defeated.
Hybrid?! :eek:

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
I retired after capping :drink:

did u try a lvl65 'oldbird'

gah u need plenty of :drink: potions for that, as well as an end regen prop wep (v.i.a.g.r.a), as ure end wont keep up on a lvl65 bird.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone help me?? ive been after this drop for 4 years.. ive havent exactly camped the mob but im around it alot and as soon as i get a chance I try.. I´ve tried pulling from afar with sms/phone and have I also gotten straight into melee.. Considering that the mob has been taken bye another player for 3.5 years its only the last 6 months i really think that the mob could drop.. the fact that she saw me only a few secs after I had gotten another drop, my hear and gear was in a total mess after the fight, and clearly pointed it out to me doesnt seem to help my cause . wasnt really interested in using that item but it looked so cool just had to try it!! Any advice would be helpful since im almost sure that this drop would optimize my gear and probably be the last drop I ever farm...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Don't bother - it's probably got a disease proc with permanent stat loss.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
4-year old items should be seen as outdated by any player. Better get your self TOA'd. Even rogs will have better stats!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
4-year old items should be seen as outdated by any player. Better get your self TOA'd. Even rogs will have better stats!
Dont TOA anything, thats my advice, camping takes forever, it only spawns after several hours putting its makeup on, only to make you late and miss the event. When you have it, it becomes a real time and money sink and requires a lot of repairing. Once you get it to level 10, you will see its not as good as you thought and start looking for a better one. Then Catacombes came along and gave you a whole new shopping experience.

As for RoGs, well they are OK for a night, do the job for a while, but sooner or later something better comes along, and no matter how much you try, her template never quite fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom