DAoC Glossary

Krako

Fledgling Freddie
with all these new game acronanyms around, could someone help me understnd what they mean so i dont get confused? :drink:

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Krako said:
with all these new game acronanyms around, could someone help me understnd what they mean so i dont get confused? :drink:

1 Krako != Krakatau

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
C'mon peeps, make up silly mmorpg paragraphs!

So i could use my main (so not a slave or mule) to ding by MarParring my pbe using a non-gimped class so i didn't need to baf or bmog, it would be a real grind. I woudn't want to rvr so I'd be a care bear really (I'd get ganked in rvr or people would be ks'ing). I could bring a buffbot with me and camp mobs/critters all over the place treadmilling my way upwards, just to find a patch mistake means I would end up in a rollback and lose it all.

Oh dear, I WTT for real english :puke:

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
So i could use my main (so not a slave or mule) to ding by MarParring my pbe using a non-gimped class so i didn't need to baf or bmog, it would be a real grind. I woudn't want to rvr so I'd be a care bear really (I'd get ganked in rvr or people would be ks'ing). I could bring a buffbot with me and camp mobs/critters all over the place treadmilling my way upwards, just to find a patch mistake means I would end up in a rollback and lose it all.

Oh dear, I WTT for real english :puke:

Oh dear lord translate it please :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The only ones your gonna hear are

AFK=away from keyboard
tbh=to be honest
iirc=if i remember correctly
imo=in my opinion
QQ=supposed to be 2 O's crying, someone who is whining "you cheating noob" you could reply QQ, cry me a river
Noon=someone who may or may not be new, but makes an obvious mistake
KoS= Kill on Sight
FH=Freddy's House

there's millions of the acronyms but those are some of the more commonly used acronyms.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
1 last thing, if your unsure of something just ask....ppl who say QQ (for example) in every sentence (they dont know what it means but keep saying it) look like idiots.

"im gonna go out to the cinema tonigh QQ" hehe makes no sense :)

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
i was told that QQ was (french/danish/swedish) language abreviated from quich quich (or something like that) that meant cry cry.

ofc he could have been lying through his teeth but it seemed to make sense at the time.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
1 last thing, if your unsure of something just ask....ppl who say QQ (for example) in every sentence (they dont know what it means but keep saying it) look like idiots.

"im gonna go out to the cinema tonigh QQ" hehe makes no sense :)

Unless the person saying that didnt want togo to the cinema. then it would make sense :)

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
... 'hehe LOL :(' ... now that doesnt make sense, yet I see it so often!

gtg / g2g: Got to go ... or Good to go, meaning the person have to leave or ready to start

R: ready ... as in ' Im r!'

Y! / y? : read as Yes! or why?

Inc: Incoming, means something has been pulled or that enemies are attacking.

Player1: g2g?
Player2: im r
Player3: y
Player1: inc then

-------------- Translated ------------

Player1: Good to go?
Player2: I'm ready
Player3: Yes
Player1: Incoming then

Krako

Fledgling Freddie
Er....i meant in game, like RR, PoC, ToA, ML#, that stuff, i know what brb and leet and other things are. just acronyms for DAoC.

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Krako said:
Er....i meant in game, like RR, PoC, ToA, ML#, that stuff, i know what brb and leet and other things are. just acronyms for DAoC.

RR = Realm Rank.. or Relic Raid
RP = realm points
RA = Realm Abilty
PoC = Passage of Conflict
DF = Darkness Falls
ToA= Trails of Atlantis
ML = Master Level
LD = linkdead.. or Lookdaddy :D <3

and many, many more ofc.. just post em here!

oh and some classes.
SM = spiritmaster
RM = runemaster
WL = warlock
Bd = bonedancer
BM = Blademaster
VW = Valewalker
SB= Shadowblade
NS = nightshade
SvG= savage

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe it's funny how every game has it's own language...

Been looking into EVE:Online, and reading the forums you get like half of what they're talking about, rest you're like... "WHAT?!" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom