Daoc Gfx Tweaks

O

old.Soldier

Hi as alot of people do RvsR the game can get really laggy sumtimes , i just wonder if there was any commands to tweak gfx abit - some1 mentioned something like /moves xxx to not see other ppls special moves ? Maybe a list of these commands would be helpful. Cheers! :p

S

Solid

only useful commands are:

/effects self (to ony see your own spell effects)
/effects none (self explanatory)
Shift+N (turns off names on players and NPC heads)

O

old.Lianuchta

Lag decreases if you look at the floor as well, but again, this will probably impair your playing style ;)

E

Elvewen

I also find that going into the 1's person view helps a lot too.

S

Spudgie

I find looking at the floor in FP view helps alot. Then if we get jumped to turn to the side and hit F11 to bring third person view up at the proper angle.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Lydek
Anyone that does this should be shot.
rotfl...
Lag decreases if you look at the floor as well, but again, this will probably impair your playing style
rotflmao!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Lianuchta
Lag decreases if you look at the floor as well, but again, this will probably impair your playing style ;)

Nah I'll be just as able to moo and chew grass as I am already :)

(actually it's not so bad in Murdaigen for being a cow... maybe once everyone gets the hang of their mezzes though...)

S

SFXman

Maybe, but if you are lucky you might just be able to return and get a nice disco effect.

S

SFXman

You want war, I'LL GIVE YOU WAR!
muccawhore.gif

muccaproduction.gif

lil.gif

T

Thorarin

I've found out that using 'simpler' graphics settings also speeds things up a lot :)

thorarin_notextures.jpg

O

old.Khain

i find if you let the other realm hit you a little sorts out your lag. but you can not move after cos you are chilling out on the group after all that work your PC had to do.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Thorarin
I've found out that using 'simpler' graphics settings also speeds things up a lot :)

thorarin_notextures.jpg
OMG that is BAD! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom