DAoC European worth buying?

O

old.Omitrace

I played the US version of DAoC when it came out, and got to around level 20 before quitting. I'm considering buying the European version and rejoining - is it worth doing?

How's the lag on European servers?

Do many people speak English?

Cheers

S

Sar

Lag?

Not had any tbh :)

There's specific language servers for each of the major Euro languages - the two english servers are Excalibur and Prydwen. Most of us play on Prydwen :)

You get a free month anyway, so you can always buy it and check it out again :)

A

Athan

Right now I wouldn't pay for the European DAoC at all. Well, I did, just paid for another month (initial month ran out) as I don't trust GoA not to delete my character immediately the sub runs out (instead of the 6 month leeway you're meant to have). Oh, and they did manage to patch to 1.45 (only 3 behind the US now).

After lots of downtime and inability to patch yesterday we now have a TOTAL outage tonight due to some networking problem.

My sig on the GoA forums includes "Oxymoron: GoA Customer Service". I don't see that changing any time soon.

If I hadn't invested so much time in the EU DAoC already I'd probly be looking at switching to the US one instead.

-Ath

O

old.Andro

I would stay away from the EU version. GOA does not have the capability to run it. feel so stupid I already paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom