daoc dying ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
cemi0 said:
Except the fact that the key developers behind Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo series quitted their job at Blizzard in early WoW stages to make Guild Wars? :)

True, true. But with all developements, the younglings of the dev team stay behind with the knowledge of the masters.

MAsters went and made a "huge" hit game, guildwars, and the younglings made a good sequel to the blizzard saga. That was backed with the huge Warcraft fan base.....come on, it atleast HAS a fanbase unlike DAoC :p

It's how the life goes.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah:

<<Quote:
Originally Posted by gervaise
Current Excal population - low 900s, Pryd - languishing in the 600s, Europe wide - 12k. Maybe the Daleks have landed early in the UK ...

I wonder what impact the new US servers will have on the European playerbase.

Nice 4 month old numbers Prydwen is hovering around 900-1000 Primetime.>>

No the numbers are not 4 months old. They were pulled from
http://daoc.darkzone.net

As I write Pryd seems to have peaked at 861. (Numbers usually peak Sunday-Monday and decline through the week). Quite apart from the Pryd numbers though look at the Excal numbers. BELOW 1000. I cannot remember them being below 1000 peak - anyone? Why I commented that if it wasn't the Daleks things were looking bleak. (And for non-UK readers the Dr. Who finale was on BBC on Saturday). Excal is only just over 1000 today though so it doesn't look like it.

Numbers did rise after Catacombs. But as I said in my post they seem to be in decline once more which is what happened in the US.

<<This is a joke right? WoW's launch was absolutely brim full of bugs, server stress errors, LDs and lack of QA support and it's only improved a bit since then even with the extra servers.>>

I too remember DAoC's lauch. We got extra time added to our (European) accounts. Extra 2 weeks (or maybe more) from memory - and no that was not out of generosity. Credit where it was due. Blizzard ran what to date has been the longest and largest test phases ever and the QA shows. I didn't say it was perfect but will give credit where it is due and heap dung on the disasters - which ToA fall into. We need to persuade company's to QA their products and to run open betas - like Wow, CoH, L2 - and not keep you in the dark until you have payed up front with limited betas / restrictive non-disclosures (EQ2, DAoC). Thst way we - the paying subscribers - will get better value, more enjoyment and ulimately a game that lasts longer.

Now are there going to be enough Europeans playing on the new US servers to offset the time lag. It might persuade me to bring a copy back with me from the US next month.

Malena

Banned
Advertising & Marketing

is WoW and well as some says here if I hade friends wanting too play
a mmorpg I should tell them play WoW

The look at the world are very bright colors "loots" of ladies in that game I tell you :)

well I would love too see daoc get a kick in the rear /mythics and start advertising like blizzard.

O thats right Catacombs made my warrior in midgard look like a fat gay
aids sick fella I refuse to play more daoc my warrior look awful now..

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I think you'll be shocked and amazed..btw ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOLT you back for cluster?
Yes ofc I am :>

DAoC > WoW

Gamah

Banned
gervaise said:
Gamah:

<<Quote:
Originally Posted by gervaise
Current Excal population - low 900s, Pryd - languishing in the 600s, Europe wide - 12k. Maybe the Daleks have landed early in the UK ...

I wonder what impact the new US servers will have on the European playerbase.

Nice 4 month old numbers Prydwen is hovering around 900-1000 Primetime.>>

No the numbers are not 4 months old. They were pulled from
http://daoc.darkzone.net

As I write Pryd seems to have peaked at 861. (Numbers usually peak Sunday-Monday and decline through the week). Quite apart from the Pryd numbers though look at the Excal numbers. BELOW 1000. I cannot remember them being below 1000 peak - anyone? Why I commented that if it wasn't the Daleks things were looking bleak. (And for non-UK readers the Dr. Who finale was on BBC on Saturday). Excal is only just over 1000 today though so it doesn't look like it.

Numbers did rise after Catacombs. But as I said in my post they seem to be in decline once more which is what happened in the US.

<<This is a joke right? WoW's launch was absolutely brim full of bugs, server stress errors, LDs and lack of QA support and it's only improved a bit since then even with the extra servers.>>

I too remember DAoC's lauch. We got extra time added to our (European) accounts. Extra 2 weeks (or maybe more) from memory - and no that was not out of generosity. Credit where it was due. Blizzard ran what to date has been the longest and largest test phases ever and the QA shows. I didn't say it was perfect but will give credit where it is due and heap dung on the disasters - which ToA fall into. We need to persuade company's to QA their products and to run open betas - like Wow, CoH, L2 - and not keep you in the dark until you have payed up front with limited betas / restrictive non-disclosures (EQ2, DAoC). Thst way we - the paying subscribers - will get better value, more enjoyment and ulimately a game that lasts longer.

Now are there going to be enough Europeans playing on the new US servers to offset the time lag. It might persuade me to bring a copy back with me from the US next month.

Yes same place I pulled my figures from everyday over 850..dont see how that is 600. Sat had 650 on..but it was a nice day here in UK so wouldn't be supprised if people were having BBQ's :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom