Daoc Dictionary

S

szerena

Hiya!
I am quite new to the game, played it for 1 month and about 10 days, and I love it!
Even so I still have problems with all the short words and expressions. I have searched here on the n00b forum and I could not find an proper good lexicon/dictionary for all the expresseions and words that is used in Daoc!
Are you guys willing to help me out here so my journey throu Daoc gets a bit easier?

I'd like to know the most common short words and what they mean.
Here are some that cross my mind for the moment:
-CC
-Power Regen
-Pwned (seen it a lot in the forums here)

There are a lot more, I know! Please feel free to post whatever you think could be useful for a n00b like me!
:)

Thank you in advance!! :)

S

szerena

old.Teaspoon, Thanks a lot!!

Moderators! Please, feel free to delete this thread! I guess I was not a good searcher after all, lol! :eek:

C

Cadire

Before I started playing DAoC, I used to read some of the US forums.

Sentences like " I mezzed a redcon mob" seemed like a strange Swahili dialect :)

CC = Crowd control. If you have CC in your group, you have someone who can mezz (mesmerise), stun or otherwise control crowds of mobs (short for mobiles i believe... but monsters to you and me) or enemy players.

Power regen is the regeneration of your power :) Needed for spells and stuff. When your power's gone, so is your ability to cast.

I envy you and your new DAoC experience! The time when none of us seemed to know what we were doing were the most enjoyable :)

S

szerena

Well, one thing that I did not find on the link you gave me old.TeaSpoon...

...was, what does P stand for in the money box? I know, copper, silver, gold and miethrel but P?

And has anyone ever reached to have as much as P? Seem quite a lot to me!

Cadire, thank you for your kind answer! I really enjoy playing Daoc! I got so much to discover! Really looking forward to it! :D

B

Belsameth

Platina. or Plat, for short

100c is 1s
100s is 1g
1000g is 1p
and 1000p is 1m

and yes, Platina is quite common, especially with some of the moneymaking schemes in DF, and the new SI zones.
it's not quite uncommon to pay multiple plat for a good spellcrafted armour at level 50...

don't worry too much about that tho, it seems like a lot now, but by the time you get that far it's not all that much anymore...

O

old.TeaSpoon

The P stands for Platinum. There are 1000 gold pieces in a Platinum, many people have reached a Platinum, and alot of people trade items for quite a few Platinum! The one I have yet to see is if anyone managed to get a Mithril which, unless I am misstaken, is 1000 Platinum.

*edit* Beat me to it Belsameth :)

*edit* Also, nerf me for hitting the wrong button, and going back to my post page instead of editing!

K

klavrynd

synonyms for power regen are :

in mid : pox (comes from the spells name purity of meditation/thought/...)

in hib : crack, pot (power over time), mr (mana regen)

in alb : who gives a flying fuck ~~

S

szerena

Aha, so I got it wrong there! I thought Platinum was more than Miethrel.. *silly me*

Thank for the explanation!

I am sorry.. but one more thing.. I've seen on the forums several different Power regen;

Power regen 1
-''- 2
-''- 3

..and so on... what is the difference?

K

klavrynd

the level of the spell, higher level spells (and therefor a higher value power regen) regen more amounts of mana each tick

eg mr 4 regens 4 power each tick, mr 5 5 power

B

Belsameth

aye
PvE = Player vs Environment, also sometimes called PvM (Player vs Mob)

and ofcourse there's PvP/RvR (Player vs Player and Realm vs Realm)

S

Sarum TheBlack

A long time ago I found a MMOG dictionary.. had loads of useful acronyms and crazy phrases in. I'll try look it up for you, once I figure out where to start looking.

S

Sarum TheBlack

I don't think this is the one I remember, but it's a start at least.

http://daoc.stratics.com/content/guides/guide_mmorpglingo.shtml

It's not really all that extensive, and as with a lot of slang, the exact usage of a lot of the terms varies from community to community. No doubt the Euro DAoC community has invented a lot of it's own slang and unique phrases.

B

Balbor

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
Check out the following thread for lots information:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54788

pwned = The "1337" spelling of owned, which means to get beaten badly.

Enjoy :)

used when some L50 RR5+ kills a L25 person exping (uselly resting or in combat) in DF, they say it like they used all the skill they had to press 1 key.

In fact you can only 'PWNED' someone that if, you went afk while fighing them, they would still die because of the reflective DOT procs on your L51 SC armour. The less skill used added to the lower the opponent, the bigger the pwned.

Best places to be pwned, exping, seal farming DF, kill taking in frontier, going LD in frontier, trying to do an epic in a frontier.

However, if you kill someone that should of pwned you then must of been using a exploit or cheat like... using some skill or tactics.

T

Teh Krypt

I got prima guide and sat on the toilet reading it :p

M

mestoph

lol = laugh out loud.
rotfl = roll on the floor laughing.
rotflmao = roll on the floor laughing my ass off.
rotflmaokas = roll on the floor laughing my ass off, kicking and screaming.
rotflmaokassas = roll on the floor laughing my ass off, kicking and screaming, scratching at sideboards.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon

pwned = The "1337" spelling of owned, which means to get beaten badly.

"owned" is leet speak itself tho. pwned came about maybe 3 months after when someone hit the 'p' key instead :p

L

Lorthania

For those of you going to Battlegrounds (bg) for the first time:

ATK: Albion teleport keep
MTK: Midgard teleport keep
HTK: Hibernia teleport keep
= the keep you spawn in from the teleport pad in your realm.

CK: Central Keep
= keep in the middle of the battleground.

AB: Albion Bridge
MB: Midgard Bridge
HB: Hibernia Bridge
= bridge leading from CK towards the various teleport keeps.

I know I would have found this useful when I first went to BG and someone shouted to me: 'Mids at CK, between AB and MB!'.

Lorth

R

Reverant Mezz

and btw dont mind repent he's just the forum's retard

anyways if u need any help pm me ingame :)

R

Repent Reloaded

Cadire, change my post again and i'll slap u

Users who are viewing this thread