Daoc client problems

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ok went to log in to check my CM and 1st i noticed my client usernames were no longer on the login screen so ok no biggy i typed out my username and log in to all settings reset to default and 30 chars with no qbars and music to 10 lol and 800x600 resolution.

I could just redo all my bars/qbinds and try and remember my keyboard setup as i go but i would really like to understand what caused it incase it happens again in the near futire, anyone able to help ?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Off on a beer run anyway, would possiby rolling my PC back a day fix this ?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Off on a beer run anyway, would possiby rolling my PC back a day fix this ?

Depends if it rolls back your profile appdata folder which contains your quickbars etc. if you won't lose anything by going back a few days, maybe give it a shot.

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Loosing quickbars is fun, like reactivating your free 14 days after 3 months and find that Mythic for some reason has forcefully respecced half your characters and subsequently raped the quickbars ;_;

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I lost everything, client total reset to default 800x600 res all music to 10 and not even usernames saved on login screen anymore

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
i left the game logged in last week.. same happend to me.. but only on the toon that was logged in... was a bug a while back where it happened every day or so..

Logi

Part of the furniture
had that bug aswell when i was triple logging, i blamed Lottacam, but seems it wasnt its fault... made an entire new qbind setup and i r00led even moarr!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Did you check if the settings still exists in your settings folder?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
My bars were all saved i didnt notice them with the caveman resolution i just redid keyboard settings and game options and its fine now

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
This happened to me as well, pretty annoying. I asked around and it seemed as if it might be some corrupt ui files doing it (assuming you run custom UI).

Anyways, it seemed to happen when I quit client the non-proper way. I haven't had any problems with it lately after I stopped doing that.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If you alt tab when the game is loading your toon in it will fuck up your screen res to 800x600 and move your bars everywhere :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Yea i know this but i also lost my acc usernames on login screen which was very odd, and your bars dont move they just reposition according to the new resolution if you log off and back on at normal res they are as you left them normally

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
all these fck ups randomly when you dont want em.. yet we still pay and play daoc.. /big sigh :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Pop seems to have gone to shit recently it seems and the herald not being fixed doesnt bode well,. i think we are gonna get the UO treatment from EA sooner rather than later

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
crashed on 2 accounts all login names gone ahd to re do screen res and keyboards settings again :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Isn't UO is still going strong? The last MMO subscription graphs I saw showed it was doing better than daoc :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
A friend told me a couple weeks ago they were shutting it down on vent, i was suprised too as it is both older and more popular than daoc, hmmz

Soazak

Part of the furniture
That sucks, it was an awesome game :(

Sad to see a MMO die..

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Where'd you see that announcement? I don't think it's shutting down, to be fair. I think your friend is full of bullshit

Punishment

Resident Freddy
He could be it was just a guy i was grouped with, he seemed pretty sure though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom