'DAoC Art'

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
i was really bored once and made a shield with my old guilds emblem

shield.jpg

well at least they look better then they do ingame, redrawn the emblem in hi-res
creative huh :rolleyes:

Anyone else here that made some 'daoc art'?

eragrim

Loyal Freddie
I made an artwork in the honor of the guild Defiance, which I posted before on the mid excal forum.

Even though Defiance is fading. The memory lives on. I will never forget the good times we had, ever. Thanks to all of you who made it worth it :)

The picture shows myself (Eragrim/Hunter), my brother Ahlgard (skald), Soromaar aka Andine (shadowblade), Gorolin aka Ghazkull (Zerker), Vind (Hunter) and finally Sinus (Warrior).

The shadowblade just might be Ilsindiir aka Geuin as well. That I will leave up to the beholder :)

http://hem.passagen.se/eragrim/

I do not own a scanner though so I had to take a picture of it with my digital cam which has decreased the quality and caused a somewhat bent look :(

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Verush from my guild has done an art project based on DaoC, some of which is shown Here
:)

eragrim

Loyal Freddie
Thanks alot for the positive feedback. It is very encouraging :)

Regards

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Erag i love the drawing, its awesome :D. Also it looks like its post-ToA, with a kobbie caster hiding on a body-guarding troll's shoulders ;)

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Very talented work going on there v nice :D I have done some daoc related painting myself, it's a fun subject to do :p

Calamore

Fledgling Freddie
4 my A level exam I did a picture 2x A0 based on DAOC featuring my armsman calamore gazing into a sea cost from a hill top. I will try take a pic with a digital cam

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Nice shield there Morch.

Cool drawing aswell eragrim. I'm totally shit at drawing or anything to do with making anything so don't expect anything from me. :p

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
as i study art , i suppose i could pull out a nice line drawing//painting of
DAoC characters , but i lack the time // + i cant be fucking assed.
;)

post piccy cala :D

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Here are some CG images from the intro i made to the Defiance RvR Movie. Pretty lowpoly shield and hammer. But im used to in-game graphics. And then you need to have few polygons ;)

Attachments

• shield2.jpg
    shield2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 406
  • Snowhills.jpg
    Snowhills.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 339

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Im glad this thread got bumped back i was wating for more people to post some stuff its all very good...

keep up the good work guys... and girls

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Farien from Prydwen/Mid painted this and probably don't mind if I share it here.
I think it's great. He's done many other nice DAoC drawings and paintings too.

blackbyrds_by_farien.jpg

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Wow that is amazing, professional artist? :D

Uh, I'm not sure. Art student or something like that maybe. I recall it was one picture of many from series of DAoC paintings he made when practising watercolors. He sent the scanned picture of this one to me since, *cough* if you didn't notice, it's me and my brother in it :)

Sure looks professional to people like me whose best contribution to world of art is to leave the drawing to others :)

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Haha, love the heads hanging from people's belts :D

More pictars please!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Morch, what did you make those models in? And can a "steal" one to have a fiddle with (I'll credit you)?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Morch, what did you make those models in? And can a "steal" one to have a fiddle with (I'll credit you)?

Sure, I've drawn the dragon with Adobe Illustrator (and still have the original .eps file ofc)
To model the shield and render the scene i used 3dsmax5 (wasnt that experienced yet when I made it :p )

which file(s) you want? ;p

here, here and here are renderings of the ealier version i made (divx required!)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
.max or .3ds for the model and the eps of the dragon please.

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
let me guess..took like 1-2 hours in cinema 4d or?

I dont say it isnt nice, just asking a question

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Reebs said:
let me guess..took like 1-2 hours in cinema 4d or?

I dont say it isnt nice, just asking a question

never used cinema 4d
cant remember how long it took me, i was experimenting with the aspects that make it look realistic...

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
Morchaoron said:
never used cinema 4d
cant remember how long it took me, i was experimenting with the aspects that make it look realistic...

Sweet. If you fix Cinema 4d those could have been made in like 1 hour tops :)

it is an easy program and you can make neat stuff in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom